New Reflective pinstripe on my Rattler

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

New Reflective pinstripe on my Rattler

Post by ScootLemont »

Got some red reflective pinstripe (1/4") from http://www.streetglo.net/ after seeing pride5167's rattler with pinstripe on the seam between the two body colors - I thought it looked very cool - thanks for the idea!
FYI - it was very easy to do (I have pinstriped a couple cars, but not in the last 20 years)
The reflective pinstripe does not like to bend as much as regular pinstripe - but I set it in the sun for 20 minutes & it was not bad at all to work with.
also... in case you cant tell... the reflective stripes look just like regular stripes in the daylight

Photos with a flash in a dark garage
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Nice job! super clean.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

yes very nice!!!

I might get some of that in white to do mine!!

How is the application? easy and straight forward?
R.McLeod

Post by R.McLeod »

I ordered some a few days ago so it should be here any day. I'm using it on my helmet to accent the stripes already on there. I'll post pics when it's done.
Go Team Venture!
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

MikieTaps wrote:How is the application? easy and straight forward?
yep - real easy - no tricks (other than letting it warm up a little if you have to make a real tight bend - like the "triangle" part on the front of my scooter)
for anything with a 4" radius or more, I doubt you would have to do anyting special
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

R.McLeod wrote:I'm using it on my helmet to accent the stripes already on there. I'll post pics when it's done.
my helmet is my next project for this stuff - I have plenty left - just ran out of time today (not that it took long to do the scooter - only about 30 minutes)
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Wow, that looks AWESOME!
Modern Buddy Member #2753
<a href="http://www.raleighscooter.org/index.html">Raleigh Scooter Organization</a> #45
Official S.P.A.Z. Member
sikken

Post by sikken »

That looks really good SL!
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Before it drives you nuts... don't forget the tail behind the handle. Super easy to get at when you install your rack :D
EZPZ #65
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

nissanman wrote:Before it drives you nuts... don't forget the tail behind the handle. Super easy to get at when you install your rack :D
I wasnt going to do back there because it is not between the gloss black & the silver - I guess I could put it on the flat black & see how it lines up -

Thanks to you all for the nice comments - I took it for a ride tonight & feel a little better about being visable - not that it was a big concern before (maybe it should have been)
I do recommend this stuff!
For Rattler owners - it is an EASY add on & really finishes the look - I was never happy with the factory paint line between the two colors.
Now that I have had it on for a few hours, I am thinking I should have thought about yellow - kind of a bumblebee look - maybe I will change it in the spring - but for now am happy with the red
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Sweet look!
pretz_ruck

Post by pretz_ruck »

very nice...your new name should be PimpLemont
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

ScootLemont, I think the red looks very nice. Subtle in the daylight, good reflection at night. Yellow would be more noticeable during the day, but I am not sure it as reflective at night.

I think it's perfect the way you have it. :)

PasadenaSue
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

another follow up - a couple other areas have now cracked - I have to suggest that this stuff be used only in, close to straight, applications - guess the instructions were right