Is it OK to mix regular and synthetic 2 stroke oil?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Lil Buddy

Is it OK to mix regular and synthetic 2 stroke oil?

Post by Lil Buddy »

Not that I want to but how else do you switch from regular to synthetic? I was going to just pull the hose from the oil resivoir to drain it but that proved to be a bigger pain in my arse then I figured it was gonna be. Those are the smallest hose clamps I have ever seen.
My oil is getting low. The resivoir is about 1/3 full. The oil light is starting to come on....just flashes when going up a big hill or hitting a big bump. Goes back off when on level ground.

I figure all I can do is to run it as low as I can then top off with synthetic.

Any other ideas?
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is it OK to mix regular and synthetic 2 stroke oil?

Post by illnoise »

Lil Buddy wrote:I figure all I can do is to run it as low as I can then top off with synthetic.
That's what I would do.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

Thats what I did when I switched to a different oil on my scoot.. I waited until the light would stay on when I tilted the scoot to the right. I don't know how else you could do it. And I don't know why doing it that way would cause any problems (didnt for mee..).
MarkTur

Post by MarkTur »

It won't hurt it at all. The only time you really don't want to use synthetic is during break in. During that time, you want a little more friction so the parts seat well.

I just had my 500 mile servicing and they used synthetic. Only way to go, either 2 or 4 stroke. (2 stroke oil is AMSOil for me)
Cya!
Mark Turkel
http://www.PalmBeachSoftware.com
http://www.BeGreenSaveTheWorld.com

Genuine Buddy 125cc
Powder Blue - (Yes, I picked "that" color cause I likes it!)

Like someone else said "Saving Gas and Sticking it to the Man!"