Tonight's Tulsa TV ride!

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Elm Creek Smith

Tonight's Tulsa TV ride!

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Tonight's Tulsa ride was great, and we were covered by KTUL Channel 8. The photojournalist interviewed David, the owner of Tulsa Scooters, filmed us taking off on our ride, and followed us through a lot of the ride. We went through Downtown Tulsa over to 25th E Ave, north up past the Gilcrease Museum, east on Apache, north on Harvard, and east along Lake Yahola on Mohawk Boulevard where we stopped across the street from the water treatment plant. From there we skirted the Mohawk Golf Course on Park Road and out to East Port Road (36th St N) east to Sheridan. We went south on Sheridan to White River Fish Market (1700 N Sheridan) where we had dinner. There were three Buddies, a Majesty, two Stellas, a CF Moto eCharm 150, a Rattler 110, a newer Vespa (GTS 250?), another big scoot that I didn't get an ID, and the little Chinese 50, if I counted right.

The story about it was just on Channel 8, and we looked good! OKBubbles was also interviewed (scooter gang indeed!), and I made several appearances on the ride and outside the White River Fish Market. (I was the only one in a jacket and gloves.) Alienmeatsack was also readily identifiable!

I didn't get the guy's name, but my congratulations to the guy on the Chinese 50cc scooter. He had difficulty going up the hills near the Gilcrease Museum, and lost contact with us. When we were about a two miles or more down Apache, he caught up with us! His comment at the end of the ride was, "I either need to lose weight or upgrade to a bigger scooter, and I think upgrading will be easier." Now all he has to do if figure out a way to swing it.

Life is good on a scoot!

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I recorded the news tonight so I could grab and edit the scooter bit out.

It was not a bad piece. I saw myself several times, I looked not stupid. That's a good thing! :D

The ride tonight was good. It was nice to see some new faces and to see some familiar ones too.

Now if we could only get the guys who aren't coming to attend more!
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

I've got photos. Should they go here, or in the gallery?

I particularly like the one of the ice cream truck that pulled over as soon as he spotted all of us stopped by the reservoir. We must have looked like potential customers!
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny. We hadn't even all stopped and this guy out in the boonies was there for us to provide us with ice cream. :D

OKB, what is it about you and your camera magnet? I swear every time the press covers us, you get interviewed. WTF are you paying them to talk to you over us? :D :D :D
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

alienmeatsack wrote: OKB, what is it about you and your camera magnet? I swear every time the press covers us, you get interviewed. WTF are you paying them to talk to you over us? :D :D :D
My charming personality and winning smile??

David sent them over to talk to me. He's seen me in action and knows I can talk to a rock. (Actually, he's my agent and is getting 15% :shock: )
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I talk. I can talk. I am a talker. I got personality, good looks, I'm overweight, why don't people love me too? :D

Editing up the news now to post...
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Flickr video of the piece. Notice how they say scooters a lot.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alienmeatsack/2721837400/

And here is me. Ain't I swell?

And me...

And me... blurry.

And me, again, because, well, you love me...

And this time, a mystery person, who is this person???

:D
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Woah Alienmeatsack! MAJOR MEDIA COVERAGE!!!

rock on.
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

The ice cream truck is real. I have proof!

And yes, that is a Stella attached to my ear. It's growing there.

Post by Guest »

I'm immediately to the left of alienmeatsack in the first two pictures and the last picture from the TV. (That's me in the jacket.) This is probably the first time I've been to the left of anyone three different times.

ECS
Elm Creek Smith

I'm immediately to the left of alienmeatsack in the first two pictures and the last picture from the TV. (That's me in the jacket.) This is probably the first time I've been to the left of anyone three different times.

ECS

I don't know what happened above. How'd I get to be "Guest?"
Yes, that is my scooter.

"I aim to misbehave."
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

WOW.

I just found out that one of the guys on this ride is now going to prison. He was arrested after a 3 month investigation riding his Buddy to Miami OKlahoma with a gun and pot with the intention of trading the pot for sex with a girl who was under 16.

I met him, and he seemed fishy to me but i didn't realize he was that bad. He was the guy who was always riding like a maniac on our rides, doing stunts, etc. Now he's going to be a stunta in prison.

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Wow. Glad he wasn't a MB member!

:shock:
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Wow! I'm sorry I missed this ride. I haven't been to the Thursday night rides in some time. I need to get back....
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Due to misc things I've missed a few here and there, but am hoping to do this weeks. I hope it's something fun and not the same path we've been taking the last few times.
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

I'm hoping to be there, too. Between Back-to-School, and various other obligations, I haven't been in several weeks.

See y'all on Thursday!
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

Just be glad he's not your first stud on ScooterKiss.com or whatever dating service you start.
:whew:
ericalm wrote:Wow. Glad he wasn't a MB member!

:shock:
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Prisonkiss.com? :D
Elm Creek Smith

Geez. I met Brandon at the first Tulsa Scooters rally I attended. Didn't know he was an alleged perv. (Gotta watch out for libel laws, y'know.) He did bug me by riding like an idiot on the TV ride and just sorta shrugged when I called him on it.

Oh, well. I'll try to make it Thursday, too.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.

"I aim to misbehave."
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

i'm gonna try to make it this thursday as well.
formerly known as robonz23

www.cannonballbuddy.com
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Woohoo! If we can get sailortot to take the evening off, we'll have a major MB showing!

Any chance . . . ?
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I'd like to see sailortot and her hubby show, and Rob too!

Actually, I was thinking we need to do a nice Saturday ride somewhere fun since it's been so nice out.

Somewhere an hour or so out... someplace new.
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

For those interested, I've posted pics on my flickr page from the ride. These are all photos taken with my GoPro Hero 3 camera, so please excuse the crap, blur, distortion, and other things. FWIW, most of them were taking using the "5 second" interval setting, meaning it took photos automatically every 5 seconds.

Pics from the ride:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alienmeats ... 005091079/

It was a good ride, good food, and good conversation.

I keep thinking we need to have a party and invite all the scooter peeps to come and drink, talk, eat and gather sometime. :D
Elm Creek Smith

It was a nice ride. Coney Beach was a nice place to eat dinner, too. I won't make it this coming Thursday since my wife's store is getting inventoried. I have to hold down the home front that evening. (Ensure my grandson does his homework, practices his trombone, doesn't watch TV/play video games/use the computer. He's kinda in trouble.)

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.

"I aim to misbehave."