Stuffed Pig travels USA on 2-wheels - Buddy is part of Relay

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

siobhan

Stuffed Pig travels USA on 2-wheels - Buddy is part of Relay

Post by siobhan »

I'm a member of a forum where members are taking a stuffed animal pig around North America on motorcycles. We are the only SCOOTERS in the entire relay (smallest state, smallest bikes!); he on a Vespa P and a Lambretta Series I, and me on a Buddy St. Tropez. Each person on the relay takes a few days or weeks to tour the pig around their state and then meets up with the next person in the chain to hand him along.

(It's like the Travelling Gnome project.)

The Pig started in Texas. My b/f and I were the Rhode Island representatives and we had Pig for 3 weeks. We toured him across the state having picked him up from the Connecticut person near the RI border. We handed him off yesterday in Massachusetts. That person will take him to New Hampshire for the next handoff (he's scheduled to go to Canada after that).

Part of the fun included the Vespa dying on one of the day trips and the two us riding back into Providence on my Buddy to get help. Ugh, 2-up was miserable.

Here are all our pics with Pig and our scooters. Be warned it takes A LONG TIME to load as the CT guy's server is slow.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... t347360434

Some of the pics are below.

Highest point in little Rhody (812 feet).

At Brown University (I took Pig to quite a few of the colleges in RI).

At Waterfire. We parked the scoots “with the big boys” and as we’re locking up, this giant horse comes clomp-clomp-clomping up the sidewalk complete with an enormous Providence cop aboard. I had to seize this moment and I run up and plead, “oh Officer this pig is travelling across the country on two wheels and it would be super-awesome if you would hold him while I take a picture”. His response: “On those?” He had just come back from a 6,000 mile round trip to Sturgis on his HD.

At Hasbro in Pawtucket.

At Seekonk Speedway in MA, the handoff location.
betsy q. bramble

Post by betsy q. bramble »

Yep. I sure did go look at the entire set of these piggy adventures you posted. You make Providence look sort of appealing.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Haha! Of *COURSE* this thing started in Texas. Awesome. Great pics, dude!
ModBud #442
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

That sounds like fun. I mean, it's just a stuffed pig if you look at it, but then it becomes a bigger thing, a concept or catalyst for you to travel and meet new people. And then, you hand this magic avatar off to someone else and they get the magic too.

Very cool idea! Looks like lots of fun too!
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
SheZAAM!

Post by SheZAAM! »

I would love to be a part of this! I love PIGS! It's too bad the pig isn't here this week. I'm sure he'd love to explore his political side. Imagine if I got a pic of the pig with Barack!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Last edited by SheZAAM! on Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
armacham

Post by armacham »

so are there stairs in your house?
Xena

Post by Xena »

Awesome Siobhan! Even cooler to see you at so many of the same place that GG and I scoot around to...

I have your peper spray btw, so let me know when you will be at Javaspeed...or maybe you are gonna go on the group ride tonite???
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Xena wrote:Awesome Siobhan! Even cooler to see you at so many of the same place that GG and I scoot around to...

I have your peper spray btw, so let me know when you will be at Javaspeed...or maybe you are gonna go on the group ride tonite???
Oh awesome that you got the spray! I don't go on the group rides, but maybe we can make some time to meet (at your convenience of course!). I'm at PC by day (very long days as school starts next week) and in Elmwood by night, but obviously can travel to wherever you say.

We took Pig to Lovecraft's grave but I forgot to post the pics in the thread. We also did a great Pink Floyd 'Animals' thing with the power plant but it was funnier in person.

My favorite ride is down to Bristol for a Limerick Special and cider at Aidan's. One day they'll be done the renovation.

Let me know when/where. Thanks!
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

armacham wrote:so are there stairs in your house?
I am protected.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

It really was a blast...the planning started in January/February and poor Pig got stuck in Scranton, PA for weeks and weeks. Because some of the riders on the relay crapped out, Pig never made it to Washington, DC or NYC.

Next year there's talk of doing something transatlantic (US/Europe), but this year's relay has been so behind schedule, Pig probably won't make it back to Texas before next year! Pig was supposed to be in Rhode Island in May; we picked him up in August. I feel bad for the upper midwest folks because it'll be coooooold by the time he makes it there.

Hey betsy...Providence is a beautiful city, as is the rest of the state. It's my adopted home and I love it here!

The coolest part was that one of the people I met at the highest point in little Rhody turned out to be a member of the board where the relay is taking place. He didn't realize it at the time, but a couple of days later my b/f received a PM asking if we were the same people. Very, very weird.
armacham

Post by armacham »

siobhan wrote: I am protected.
I didn't see the relay thread on there until after all the planning stuff was done or I would have loved to join in.
Holly Buddy

Post by Holly Buddy »

SheZAAM! wrote:I would love to be a part of this! I love PIGS! It's too bad the pig isn't here this week. I'm sure he'd love to explore his political side. Imagine if I got a pic of the pig with Scooby Doo!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
and I could have shown him the "elephants" here in MN this week!
SheZAAM!

Post by SheZAAM! »

Why does the board change the name of the democratic presidential candidate to Scooby Doo?
armacham

Post by armacham »

SheZAAM! wrote:Why does the board change the name of the democratic presidential candidate to Scooby Doo?
we have lots of word filters that are only visible to non-members over there. It's especially funny when lurkers sign up and keep using certain phrases thinking that they were some sort of inside joke.