Keeping Track of your Gas Mileage- www.fuelly.com

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

armacham

Keeping Track of your Gas Mileage- www.fuelly.com

Post by armacham »

I saw this website posted on one of the yahoo scooter groups I go to. You put in how much gas you filled up with and your odometer reading and it does all the math for you. Also gives you a nice little graph along with some other calculations, so you no longer have to mess around in excel.

www.fuelly.com

Everyone add me as a friend!

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/armacham
m. gorhon

Post by m. gorhon »

all signed up!

now i just have to wait until i need to fill up the tank again...
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

Cool website. It would be nice to see what kind of gas mileage others get.. Ill be joining soon
RonF

Post by RonF »

Noticed they have a mobile site:

http://m.fuelly.com/

Great for adding at the pump if I have my phone.
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

Well I joined and added all my fill ups sense i got the scoot.. Pretty cool site. Im glad i kept a log of all my fill ups

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/jmsmith802
Portland_Rider
Location: Free Territory of the Pacific Northwest (Kalifornia refugee)

nice site

Post by Portland_Rider »

Cool site.

Top 10 Cars:
Honda Civic (507)
Honda Accord (307)
Toyota Camry (215)
Volkswagen Jetta (205)
Toyota Corolla (194)
Toyota Prius (121)
Ford Focus (114)
Honda CR-V (96)
Mazda 3 (90)
Volkswagen Golf (84)

Only one is from an American car company; the Ford Focus. No wonder GM and Detroit are going down hill. It is inevitable that high and higher gas prices will return.

It would be a funny photo to see a large number of US auto workers going to work on scooters or bicycles.

PR
Last edited by Portland_Rider on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
italiaguy

Post by italiaguy »

all signed-up :D
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/cortadito

I signed up too... don't know if I'll use it but I added you guys... feel free to do the same !
RonF

Post by RonF »

jmsmith802 wrote:Well I joined and added all my fill ups sense i got the scoot.. Pretty cool site. Im glad i kept a log of all my fill ups

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/jmsmith802
Wow, I wished I had kept records of all my fill ups now. :(

I probably have credit card receipts of most, maybe all, my fill ups, but it doesn't show the mileage.
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

RonF wrote:
Wow, I wished I had kept records of all my fill ups now. :(
Well, you can always start now :P
armacham

Post by armacham »

i carry a pen in my pet carrier, so I just started writing my odometer reading on my gas receipt. Then I just put it in whenever I get home.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

There's no motorcycles or scooters listed when you browse vehicles.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

ringdoc

Post by ringdoc »

signed up also, and you can search other genuine owners, several there, almost a gagel
CycleScoot

Post by CycleScoot »

I'm on! And I've added all the other Genuine owners as friends.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/cyclescoot
7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

k1dude wrote:There's no motorcycles or scooters listed when you browse vehicles.
After you join you click "Add A Motorcycle instead?" and it's listed there.
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
docutech

Post by docutech »

I am all signed up as well. Spent some time last night inputting all of my fill-up information. Still have a ways to go...

Add me, Amigo's!

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/docutech
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

After looking at what other people are getting for their gas milage, I do not feel so bad.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet/suburban%201500
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

ringdoc wrote:signed up also, and you can search other genuine owners, several there, almost a gagel
I thought it was BAND of Buddies... :roll:
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

docutech wrote:Add me, Amigo's!

I used to run a Docutech! :secret copy shop worker handshake:

add me too people! http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Becktastic
docutech

Post by docutech »

Becktastic wrote:
docutech wrote:Add me, Amigo's!

I used to run a Docutech! :secret copy shop worker handshake:

add me too people! http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Becktastic
Woot!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

7eregrine wrote:
k1dude wrote:There's no motorcycles or scooters listed when you browse vehicles.
After you join you click "Add A Motorcycle instead?" and it's listed there.
Yeah, but how do I casually browse all the motorcycle/scooter listings?
skibum

I'm in

Post by skibum »

Not many fuel-ups for me to add since I've only had Buddy since July. 81.6 average, my excel s/s noted 78.6 so close enough!
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Signed up and added everyone I could find as friends! I am signed up as newslinky btw if anyone wants to add me. 7eregrine I assume you are listed as peregrine. I could not find k1dude or scooterdave so if you signed up you will have to let us know under what username. Like the site and will use the portable tracker if I ever hook up my internet access on my mobile. 50 a month more blah :P
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

I signed up also. Betcha can't guess which one's me.
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

YOU ADD ME! :P
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

Already did sucka
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Added eazy (No scooters?) and twopscoots thanks to all who added me
brape

Post by brape »

I've never really bothered to keep track of the mileage I get. I know I usually go just under 100 miles between fill ups and I usually put in around a gallon. Maybe this will modivate me.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/bigevilgrape
tam

Post by tam »

I signed up too but I'm not entirely sure what point the friend list serves, so I haven't added anyone. I'm gonna use it to just track my mileage, probably won't venture out into the boards or anything else much.

Good site though
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

tam wrote:I signed up too but I'm not entirely sure what point the friend list serves, so I haven't added anyone. I'm gonna use it to just track my mileage, probably won't venture out into the boards or anything else much.

Good site though
I think it's fun to have friends so you can compare your scooter against mileage on other Buddys or other model scooters.

Or you know, so we can make everything a popularity contest like myspace and facebook :P
jmsmith802

Post by jmsmith802 »

Wow- Just a few days ago there were like 3 buddies on there. Now theres a huuuuge list :twisted:

Now people just need to actually add some fill ups :P
brape

Post by brape »

I filled up today now you're gonna have to wait a week for actual data. I filled up since I was running errands where the cheap gas was... then it occurred to me that I saved myself less then 5 cents by doing that and probably wasn't worth the effort.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Becktastic wrote:
Or you know, so we can make everything a popularity contest like myspace and facebook :P

or even ModernBuddy.com! :P
kraskaea

Post by kraskaea »

7eregrine

Post by 7eregrine »

newslinky wrote:Signed up and added everyone I could find as friends! I am signed up as newslinky btw if anyone wants to add me. 7eregrine I assume you are listed as peregrine.
Yea, that's me. Eric is suppsed to be changing my name here soon (get that email yet, bud?)
I will not join a racist club that thinks one color is better then another. We are ALL BUDDY'S!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I still can't figure out how to look up all motorcyle's on the site. I want to see how the Buddy compares to other scoots and MC's, but there's no way to browse for them.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

I can browse for them. I just click on "browse vehicles" on the left menu. Then near the top of the page are two tabs the one that comes up initially says "browse all cars" next to that tab is a tab that says "browse all motorcycles" Click on that and it lists all the various makes and models of motorcycles registered on their site. Click on one of the links and it will list those cycles and what the average mpg each one is getting based on the input from that user. There is no way though to run a side by side comparison that I can see but if you go into on type then back up and go into another you can get a good idea of how the two compare.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

newslinky wrote:I can browse for them. I just click on "browse vehicles" on the left menu. Then near the top of the page are two tabs the one that comes up initially says "browse all cars" next to that tab is a tab that says "browse all motorcycles" Click on that and it lists all the various makes and models of motorcycles registered on their site. Click on one of the links and it will list those cycles and what the average mpg each one is getting based on the input from that user. There is no way though to run a side by side comparison that I can see but if you go into on type then back up and go into another you can get a good idea of how the two compare.
Der. I am so we Todd it. I am sofa king we Todd it. :goofy:
greencountry

Post by greencountry »

I'm in too. This is great.

In case all youse guys don't get notices that I added you as a friend, here's my profile:

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/greencountry

P.S. I have the highest MPG of anyone with the same motorcycle (SV650 either N or S)! Nobel Peace Prize, please!
HMBscoot

Post by HMBscoot »

im in there too, have a quick question for yall: i been keeping trak on my own befor this but i always roung up or odwn when i wrote the amont of gas eg:for 1.186 gal. i would just write 1.2 . should i enter those old numers or start fresh with the acual exact scintific super duper numbers?
MB Member #1832.

2008 buddy 150 Pamplona
2009 Stella 2T "temporarily"
greencountry

Post by greencountry »

HMBscoot wrote:im in there too, have a quick question for yall: i been keeping trak on my own befor this but i always roung up or odwn when i wrote the amont of gas eg:for 1.186 gal. i would just write 1.2 . should i enter those old numers or start fresh with the acual exact scintific super duper numbers?
I guess I would start over. With a gas tank as small as the Buddy's, there's a substantial difference between filling up with 1.050 gal vs 1.149. But rounding would make both 1.1 gal.

But that's just my $0.02.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

HMBscoot wrote:im in there too, have a quick question for yall: i been keeping trak on my own befor this but i always roung up or odwn when i wrote the amont of gas eg:for 1.186 gal. i would just write 1.2 . should i enter those old numers or start fresh with the acual exact scintific super duper numbers?
You don't have to start over from scratch, just edit your entries.
BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

greencountry wrote:I'm in too. This is great.

In case all youse guys don't get notices that I added you as a friend, here's my profile:

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/greencountry

P.S. I have the highest MPG of anyone with the same motorcycle (SV650 either N or S)! Nobel Peace Prize, please!
I checked out your stats, and I must say I'm surprised that your SV650 is only a couple MPG less than your Buddy125. I wonder if riding habits are different for both 2 wheelers.

I don't know if you remember, but I have SV650 envy right now, and because of my wait for the Pamplona, I've been questioning whether I should've gone with the motorcycle. If only they could make an SV650 automatic.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Just joined.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

BeetleGoose wrote:
greencountry wrote:If only they could make an SV650 automatic.
How about this?

http://www.mpsracing.com/products/MPS/as15.asp
greencountry

Post by greencountry »

BeetleGoose wrote: I checked out your stats, and I must say I'm surprised that your SV650 is only a couple MPG less than your Buddy125. I wonder if riding habits are different for both 2 wheelers.

I don't know if you remember, but I have SV650 envy right now, and because of my wait for the Pamplona, I've been questioning whether I should've gone with the motorcycle. If only they could make an SV650 automatic.
Yeah my Buddy stats are seriously off because I found out about 1/4 tank after the second fill-up that the tires were at 10psi and 13psi! If you do the math carefully, there's a jump between the second and third fill-ups. Then my wife forgot to record numbers for the next two fill-ups. I'm expecting the next several fill-ups will show 80+ mpg.

Re: the SV650... do you know I've sorta put mine on the selling block? Look in the For Sale section... :)
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

BeetleGoose wrote:I don't know if you remember, but I have SV650 envy right now, and because of my wait for the Pamplona, I've been questioning whether I should've gone with the motorcycle. If only they could make an SV650 automatic.
You should wait for that new Honda DN-1 or get an Aprilia Mana 850 if you want an automatic motorcycle. The DN-1 is a 680cc and the Mana is 850cc.
BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

olhogrider wrote:
BeetleGoose wrote:If only they could make an SV650 automatic.
How about this?

http://www.mpsracing.com/products/MPS/as15.asp
Interesting technology.
greencountry wrote:Re: the SV650... do you know I've sorta put mine on the selling block? Look in the For Sale section... :)
I checked on that. I can't say I'll be jumping at that opportunity since Chicago is quite a ways away from Los Angeles. Plus, the biggest hindrance of me buying one is the sticker price. BTW, I noticed you said you're more of a scooterist than a motorcyclist. How so? Did you get tired of having to shift manually? Ride position?
k1dude wrote:You should wait for that new Honda DN-1 or get an Aprilia Mana 850 if you want an automatic motorcycle. The DN-1 is a 680cc and the Mana is 850cc.
Automatic motorcycle is more of a pipe dream for me. I can't justify spending the cash on something like those. But if someone was selling an inexpensive SV650 (say, around $4000), then I might just buy one. That's also assuming that I will be hooked with manual shifting (I take the MSF course with manual MCs this weekend).