Check out this link, this is in Vietnam

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

taile84

Check out this link, this is in Vietnam

Post by taile84 »

http://scootdawg.proboards59.com/index. ... read=15701

-edit-
And THIS is why you will never see me riding a scooter in VN.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr5Gssaxl6g&NR=1
Last edited by taile84 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vroom Vroom, here I come! riding it like I stole it.
naptime

Post by naptime »

reminds of the dominican republic.

they use a lot of mopeds, scooters, and minibikes down there. for EVERYTHING.

taxis, family vehicle, transport, hauling, you name it...

those pictures in the link above were extreme common place down there, just as they are in asia.

they dont use helmets, or any other safety gear at all, but its also an iuntgral part of thier society, so cars look out for 2 wheelers, and there are very little accidents.

the few instances that always come immediately to mind....

a woman riding her moped, and her approximately 4 year old daughter sitting in the backseat leaning up against mom, and sleeping.

or the entire family on a chinese scoot. dad, steering... 4 or five year old son sitting on the floorboard indian style... mom sitting behind dad..... daughter sitting behind mom...... eldest son sitting behind sister, on the rear rack, facing backwards, and holding the baby in its arms....

family of five, on a 150cc scoot.

but my fondest memory.....

a guy on his 125cc scoot.... with a QUEEN mattress AND boxspring tied to his back... standing up straight.....

he was hunched over forward a bit, so that the wind resistance on the bed was a little lower... but yeah..... an entire mattress and box srping tied to his back, on his scooter :lol:
taile84

Post by taile84 »

Oh my gosh, I have seen some crazy stuff in Vietnam but the family with the kid holding the baby is a pretty scary idea. It is safer in Asia because people tend to only go 40 mph max, here traffic is so crazy.

Gosh, I would never even think of riding a scooter in VN.

BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

I was looking at the one pic with the guy raising his arm like a Y and was like, "Why the heck is he and the driver riding hands free?" Then I realized it was a mirror. Wow, imagine the 7 years of bad luck for breaking one of those... or worst yet, breaking one of those because of a scooter accident.

In my recent trip to the Philippines, I got to see riders and their passengers without any safety gear, or three-up on a bike, but I didn't see anything extreme like those.
kneil67@yahoo.com

way cool

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

I remember when i was stationed in Korea all the scoots and bikes loaded to the hilt with stuff must have crazy balance skills rock on .
Attachments
insthead2.jpg
insthead2.jpg (44.4 KiB) Viewed 697 times
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

when i was in middle school, i rode a scooter in vietnam for the first time, i got the hang of it, it was cool, until i was cornering into the neighborhood and gassed it too much, didnt brake and ran into a fence HAHA

there wasn't a scratch on the scoot and i returned home and parked it, my cousin didnt even notice!
=X
taile84

Post by taile84 »

r0sa wrote:when i was in middle school, i rode a scooter in vietnam for the first time, i got the hang of it, it was cool, until i was cornering into the neighborhood and gassed it too much, didnt brake and ran into a fence HAHA

there wasn't a scratch on the scoot and i returned home and parked it, my cousin didnt even notice!
=X
Hahaha!! wow, you are brave. I went back to visit 6 years ago, and people drive like they are crazy. I saw so many bike/scoot accidents over there I don't think I would ever attempt to ride a scoot over there.

newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Great pics! Lol I still crack up at this guy in New Delhi though http://www.break.com/index/guy-lays-dow ... ycle.html :shock: Totally out of his freaking mind
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

taile84 wrote:Hahaha!! wow, you are brave. I went back to visit 6 years ago, and people drive like they are crazy. I saw so many bike/scoot accidents over there I don't think I would ever attempt to ride a scoot over there.

yeah! i saw many accidents too, my mom yelled at me, and told me if i ever ride those things again, she'll chop off both of my legs HAHA

but that was so0o long ago