Scavenger hunt poll - how long?

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

How long should the next scavenger hunt run?

One week
11%
Four weeks
89%

Total votes: 35

ScootLemont

Scavenger hunt poll - how long?

Post by ScootLemont »

First off... I hope the scavenger hunt keeps going - it has been a FUN summer & I really got a kick out of everyone's photos - thanks

How long should the next scavenger hunt run?
One week or 4 weeks?

The nice thing about running it for one week is no one has to total points for 4 weeks
+ more people might jump in to play if it is just one week

the nice thing about 4 weeks is it should give everyone a chance to get points since there will be 4 subjects over the 4 weeks & that would make less likely that a regional subject could skew in favor of the winner
+ I think people might be more committed to a hunt if if it has 4 subjects & takes place over a month.
I think everyone can keep track of their own points for 4 weeks - I dont see the need for a big spread sheet like I did for the 14 week hunt.

Who will run the next hunt (& then each following hunt) if this keeps going?

I say the winner of this hunt takes over
If the winner does not want to do it, it goes to the 2nd place person
if they dont want to , the the 3rd & so on until someone steps up.
then the winner of the next hunt takes over - and so it goes until winter takes out 1/2 the players (but even then, I hope it keeps going with the people that dont have their scooters in storage - cant wait for "your scooter with Santa 5pts + 1 point for each elf")

Everyone ok with that?
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

ScootLemont -

I would like to thank you for the scooter scavenger hunts you have been hosting. While I didn't participate in the beginning, I did read the "hunt" each week and thought about joining. I just didn't make it a priority until a few weeks ago. :oops:

I have had a lot of fun taking the photos, and telling people about the things we had to do to get points. And I look forward to participating more frequently.

That said, let the hunt continue!!! :D And just for kicks I will put my California flag on my scooter since I didn't get around to taking the "state" photo.

PasadenaSue
Last edited by PasadenaSue on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

I've said it a couple times as well, but again, THANK YOU! :)

Though I almost feel bad for the next Hunt Master... you've set the bar pretty high. ;)
m. gorhon

Post by m. gorhon »

i'm in for the next hunt! i think 4 weeks would be almost perfect. not too long but just long enough to get some neat photos.

i haven't posted much here at all but i have been reading and following the hunt and i am very excited about the next one!
Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

I agree - 4 weeks should be fun. I got to participate in my first one this week. I didn't get around to it as much over the summer due to spending time with friends who are back to college now. Since I'm the lone working man now, I should have some more time.
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

I'd love to keep doing this, and I know Dorothy has been enjoying herself, too!

Put me down for 4-week sessions.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Whoo-hoo! I like the idea of letting the winner pick the next contest too :)

I looked through all the old pics and I just wish I had my scoot sooner! I look forward to competing in the new hunts!