The Modern Buddy Cards

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

The Modern Buddy Cards

Post by ericalm »

…are here! Or will be soon. I had them sent directly to SF for their rally, but will have some in my hands soon. Some will go to dealers, and I'll have info on how you can get some, too. The backs are blank so you can write your own little message on their when you leave them on scoots around town!
Attachments
larger than life!
larger than life!
mb_card-front-big.jpg (37.11 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
Last edited by ericalm on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!! :D
ScootingInTheRain
Location: Just North of Seattle, Just South of Mulletsylvania

Re: The Modern Buddy Cards

Post by ScootingInTheRain »

ericalm wrote:…are here! Or will be soon. I had them sent directly to SF for their rally, but will have some in my hands soon. Some will go to dealers, and I'll have info on how you can get some, too. The backs are blank so you can write your own little message on their when you leave them on scoots around town!

hmmmmm.......

Is this a preview of a MB site facelift?

(Just turnin' the crank on the ol' rumor mill!)
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: The Modern Buddy Cards

Post by ericalm »

ScootingInTheRain wrote:
ericalm wrote:…are here! Or will be soon. I had them sent directly to SF for their rally, but will have some in my hands soon. Some will go to dealers, and I'll have info on how you can get some, too. The backs are blank so you can write your own little message on their when you leave them on scoots around town!

hmmmmm.......

Is this a preview of a MB site facelift?

(Just turnin' the crank on the ol' rumor mill!)
In a word: kinda.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Earl Boykins represent!

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
bunny

Post by bunny »

AWESOME!
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Those look great! I want some :D
Lift heavy eat clean!
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

sweeeet! :D
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Very nice!
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Those are awesome, great design. Love how you added all the colors that they come in :)
indy anna

Post by indy anna »

Absolutely gorgeous!
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Just to play devil's advocate.....

Doesn't look like the '07 Blur color scheme is represented. Regardless, pretty slick.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Great looking cards!!
jperkins

Post by jperkins »

where are the cards cannot see them
MB Member #322
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

jperkins wrote:where are the cards cannot see them
I see it.. did you sign in after you looked? Try refreshing the page. :)
donkin

Post by donkin »

Thanks for incorporating the 07 Buddy Pink and the Black/Silver.

I want some cards!

Don
Member 2166
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I was going to send them to dealers, but there are so many now, I'd need thousands of cards. Maybe I'll make signs or posters for the dealers instead… something like that. ANYWAY, I'll have to see what kind of quantity I have coming back and figure out how best to distribute them. I have some ideas, though!
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

CARDS CARDS CARDS!! me want!!!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

ericalm wrote:I was going to send them to dealers, but there are so many now, I'd need thousands of cards. Maybe I'll make signs or posters for the dealers instead… something like that. ANYWAY, I'll have to see what kind of quantity I have coming back and figure out how best to distribute them. I have some ideas, though!
Why don't you just put the design into Avery's free business card design software (Avery DesignPro). That way you can email it or provide a link to download it. Then everyone can just buy their own business card blanks (like the Avery 8871) at almost any office supply store or Walmart/Target and print their own at home. Just an idea.
Last edited by k1dude on Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

k1dude wrote:
ericalm wrote:I was going to send them to dealers, but there are so many now, I'd need thousands of cards. Maybe I'll make signs or posters for the dealers instead… something like that. ANYWAY, I'll have to see what kind of quantity I have coming back and figure out how best to distribute them. I have some ideas, though!
Why don't you just put the design into Avery's business card design software. That way you can email it or provide a link to download it. Then everyone can just buy their own business card blanks (like the Avery 8871) at almost any office supply store or Walmart/Target and print their own at home. Just an idea.
+1. Something like that would be great!
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

addictionriot wrote:Those are awesome, great design. Love how you added all the colors that they come in :)
I completely missed that at first. Ericalm, that's really clever. Well played, sir!

k1dude wrote:Why don't you just put the design into Avery's free business card design software (Avery DesignPro). That way you can email it or provide a link to download it. Then everyone can just buy their own business card blanks (like the Avery 8871) at almost any office supply store or Walmart/Target and print their own at home. Just an idea.
That might be the best way of getting them around. Also the least costly for Ericalm. I'm sure plenty of people here wouldn't mind shelling out the $10-15 bucks to print out a ton of cards to pop into the unsuspecting Genuine scoots they see around town.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

k1dude wrote:
Why don't you just put the design into Avery's free business card design software (Avery DesignPro). That way you can email it or provide a link to download it. Then everyone can just buy their own business card blanks (like the Avery 8871) at almost any office supply store or Walmart/Target and print their own at home. Just an idea.
I'll certainly do that. If anyone wants to print their own, I sure don't mind. I'll probably lay them into an Avery template then output as a PDF.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Sweet! I wouldn't mind getting a few myself and could get some to my local dealer to hand out whenever he gets more Buddy's in stock that is :P
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

ericalm wrote:
k1dude wrote:
I'll certainly do that. If anyone wants to print their own, I sure don't mind. I'll probably lay them into an Avery template then output as a PDF.
I was thinking Moo cards... don't you just need an image for that? Then we could buy our own, but you wouldn't make anything (not that you're doing this for an extreme profit!). Maybe license the file to anyone who wants to print some up? Kind of a hassle I guess...
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

I'm sure plenty of people here wouldn't mind shelling out the $10-15 bucks to print out a ton of cards
Let me make a plug for overnightprints.com.

100 single-sided cards with glossy UV coating are $9.95. Shipping to the heartland is always about $10.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
betsy q. bramble

Post by betsy q. bramble »

I'm pretty sure your card design influenced the dream I had last night in which Asics made sneakers using the new color schemes of 09 Buddys.

If only!
indy anna

Post by indy anna »

ericalm wrote:I was going to send them to dealers, but there are so many now, I'd need thousands of cards. Maybe I'll make signs or posters for the dealers instead… something like that.!

This is an awesome idea!
coffeekittie

Post by coffeekittie »

I love this idea! I would happily print out my own, and since I finally saw another Genuine scooter in town - a purty green Stella - I even have actual targets now :) Also love the colors, and the mod way you blocked them up :D
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer

See me and my cool cats at www.justcatshotel.com
www.olygeek.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jmazza wrote:I was thinking Moo cards... don't you just need an image for that? Then we could buy our own, but you wouldn't make anything (not that you're doing this for an extreme profit!). Maybe license the file to anyone who wants to print some up? Kind of a hassle I guess...
I definitely want to make these cards available for free to members to distribute as they can or as they like. No licensing, etc. necessary—it promotes the site so whoever prints them at home or wherever is helping out the community and making contact with other owners. It's all good! I certainly wouldn't try to make any money from getting others to promote the forum, though that would be a good trick and a testament to members' enthusiasm. :)
SpectrumBill

Post by SpectrumBill »

Eric, are these cards still vailable :?:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Not exactly. I still have some and should probably print more; most get distributed by m (by hand) or at my local dealer.

We had a PDF that some members printed their own cards from; I'll see if I can find it.

As much as I'd love to get these out to anyone who wants them, there's really no way to do it for free. I get free card deals all the time from Vistaprint but have yet to figure out a way to share an account or the designs so they could be used without their usual $5 upload fee. They also then charge shipping.
redcass

Post by redcass »

I'd also like to get my hands on that pdf if you find it, eric.
RedCass
Perkussion

Post by Perkussion »

I've had a decent number of GEN-U-BIN customers that didn't (directly) originate from this forum.
Can I capture the image of the card, reduce it to 3.5" x 2" and display it on my customer invoices?
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I have the PDF. Should I post it to one of those uploader sites, ericalm?
ModBud #442
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

No need!

Found the ol' links:

http://www.modernbuddy.com/pdf/mb_card- ... al-RGB.pdf

http://www.modernbuddy.com/pdf/mbcards_ ... -10_up.pdf
(This is for Avery perfed business card forms #8371, 10/page.)
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

What about the new Blur and Stella colors!?

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
db

Post by db »

I think it would read better if it said forum for genuine scooter owners, not genuine scooters owners. Other than that looking pretty sweet
Last edited by db on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Thanks Eric! Awesome card!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
SpectrumBill

Post by SpectrumBill »

Thank you for locating the 10-up pdf file Eric. I printed out out some tonight - works great!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

SpectrumBill wrote:Thank you for locating the 10-up pdf file Eric. I printed out out some tonight - works great!
Don't thank me! I appreciate whatever anyone else does to spread the word! :)