My Buddy is a very complex individual just like me :)

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

taile84

My Buddy is a very complex individual just like me :)

Post by taile84 »

I love my buddy, and when I am excited about something, I can't stop thinking of it/buying things for it/talking about it/and taking pictures of it. I am so glad I am a part of this community, it's like I discovered a whole subculture I knew nothing about, and I finally feel like I fit in somewhere **tear**

I had my sister come over today because I wanted her to take some pictures of my Buddy and I. Since I got my Buddy I have realized that my Buddy was an extension of me, so below are a few sides of our personalities. I hope you guys enjoy!

"The BADASS Buddy"... well the Buddy is, me not so much, but I am trying. I took some serious face pictures but my Fiance' says its not very "me" so here are the smiling ones.
This is my fav pic of the whole shoot. This is how I feel on the inside about my Bud.

"The CHIC Buddy"
When I see pics of girls on their scoot with their dress on and hair flying in the wind (like RedCass's avatar) I think it's so pretty!

"The EVERYDAY Buddy"
Someone come practice with me please!! Gosh, finding a Buddy owner who lives in Lawrenceville, GA is truly an impossible task.

My Buddy deserves her own picture, here she is

This is my Sister's dog Squishy... LOL and she is very "sqhishy", I love her!

Now if only I can ride this thing good enough to get out of my neighborhood instead of waddling my way through all the stop signs and cul-de-sac's I would be good! The day I can go up to 60 mph and ride confidently on real streets will be the best day.

I finally have some decent pictures to post on the RBC! :D

Vroom Vroom, here I come! riding it like I stole it.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

now you have no excuse, RBC!!!

I like the pics, lookin good!
taile84

Post by taile84 »

ScooterTrash wrote:now you have no excuse, RBC!!!

I like the pics, lookin good!
I just done did it!! I swear! I swear!! LOL

ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

I added you about 2 seconds after I posted
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

You're an adorable young lady, and will be breaking hearts all over your town as you scoot around. Enjoy your Buddy!
taile84

Post by taile84 »

OKBubbles wrote:You're an adorable young lady, and will be breaking hearts all over your town as you scoot around. Enjoy your Buddy!
Oh Bubbles!! You are so nice!! **tear** If you were here I would give you a hug (hoping you are a female) Girl Power!! :D

k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Very nice. Say hello to Squishy for me.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Very nice! I am sorry to say I am glad I live in TX. As a happily married man a guy like me could get into a lot of trouble scootering around with a beautiful lady like yourself even if nothing was going on. :lol: Seriously though very pretty pics you look great on your Buddy and your Buddy looks like it fits you well. Enjoy your rides and continue to be safe!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
taile84

Post by taile84 »

k1dude wrote:Very nice. Say hello to Squishy for me.
Squishy says hello back! LOL

ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

taile
now go get a pic of you & your scooter with a train or a train station & jump in the scavenger hunt
topic7629.html
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Yay i'm not the only one wearing a riding jacket and ff helmet. Everyone tells me I look like I'm going to hop onto a sports bike, but I think bikes being bikes and having the same dangers, I might as well wear a jacket that'll save my skin in a crash.
taile84

Post by taile84 »

jfrost2 wrote:Yay i'm not the only one wearing a riding jacket and ff helmet. Everyone tells me I look like I'm going to hop onto a sports bike, but I think bikes being bikes and having the same dangers, I might as well wear a jacket that'll save my skin in a crash.
That is awesome!! you know.. I knew a bunch of pz would laugh when they see me walking out of a building and hop on my Scooter. LOL, they probably start out thinking "Man, I wonder what she rides, I bet it's a crotchrocket" and then thinking "oh, its a tiny moped" LOL

I don't care, I bought whatever was the safest gear because I am still a big chicken, and new rider (only have 35 miles on my Bud so far), and a very nervous person. And plus, as long as you match your Bud somehow, and it looks nice, I think its cool.

any pix? :)

taile84

Post by taile84 »

ScootLemont wrote:taile
now go get a pic of you & your scooter with a train or a train station & jump in the scavenger hunt
topic7629.html
Hi Mr. Scoot!
I WISH I could drive to the train tracks and take a picture to join the fun!.. I am VERY new "Newbie"... Only got 35 miles on my Bud so far, still waiting on my tag and stuff so don't wanna venture out too much. As soon as I get everything in and I grow some balls, I will venture out just to take pictures for the scavenger hunt.

Can't wait to join another great tradition on MB :)

jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Nah, my jacket is black. Is yours a tourmaster or cortech? I got a cortech jacket, it doesnt match my bike in color, but black matches anything. My helmet is silver too, so it doesnt blend.
nativeloup

Post by nativeloup »

Almost makes me want to move back to GA.. :D :P
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

taile84 wrote:
jfrost2 wrote:Yay i'm not the only one wearing a riding jacket and ff helmet. Everyone tells me I look like I'm going to hop onto a sports bike, but I think bikes being bikes and having the same dangers, I might as well wear a jacket that'll save my skin in a crash.
That is awesome!! you know.. I knew a bunch of pz would laugh when they see me walking out of a building and hop on my Scooter. LOL, they probably start out thinking "Man, I wonder what she rides, I bet it's a crotchrocket" and then thinking "oh, its a tiny moped" LOL

I don't care, I bought whatever was the safest gear because I am still a big chicken, and new rider (only have 35 miles on my Bud so far), and a very nervous person. And plus, as long as you match your Bud somehow, and it looks nice, I think its cool.

any pix? :)
I second that! I'm always sporting my jacket and my FF helmet as well. Screw what other people think. I feel safer and that's all that matters.
Modern Buddy Member #2753
<a href="http://www.raleighscooter.org/index.html">Raleigh Scooter Organization</a> #45
Official S.P.A.Z. Member
UXO

Post by UXO »

To me, your Sister's dog Squishy looks like it just came back from a terrifying ride. :shock:
taile84

Post by taile84 »

Jessica wrote:
taile84 wrote:

I second that! I'm always sporting my jacket and my FF helmet as well. Screw what other people think. I feel safer and that's all that matters.
Hell ya! More power to chicks who pick safety over looking cute when actually riding. I just read up on the knee protection post and am thinking about getting some armored pants. UGH!! Just spent so much money! :( But it's ok, I can starve for a few days while I save for my wind shield, pants, and rear rack. LOL

Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Adorable photos!

I want to ride around in cute dresses like that ^_^ but alas I must be safe and gear up. Don't be afraid to venture out, just be very aware and very cautious. If you are wearing the right gear, even if bad stuff happens, it will be okay. :) Are you going to take the MSF course? Maybe that would give you some confidence. I'm going to look into getting into one later this month!
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

taile84 wrote:[More power to chicks who pick safety over looking cute when actually riding.
I think all that gear on a woman is cute.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Orange Guy wrote: I think all that gear on a woman is cute.
That's true too. Dresses are nice, but I also enjoy strutting around wearing my jacket and boots while carrying my helmet. I feel like a badass :P
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

taile84 wrote:
jfrost2 wrote:Everyone tells me I look like I'm going to hop onto a sports bike
This happens a lot. I was walking to the motorcycle parking and some guy asks "Which one's yours?" so I replied "The scooter!" and he laughed and said "Ohhh the -little- scooter." But it wasn't in a bad way, we were still both riders and grinning at each other because we are still cooler than cagers :P
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

taile84 wrote: As soon as I get everything in and I grow some balls, I will venture out just to take pictures for the scavenger hunt.
Honey, you look adorable on your scoot....you should send those pics to Genuine to be their model! Oh....and BTW.....us gals grow Big O's.....not balls! :lol: :lol:
Becktastic

Re: My Buddy is a very complex individual just like me :)

Post by Becktastic »

taile84 wrote: This is my fav pic of the whole shoot. This is how I feel on the inside about my Bud.
Hey is it cool if I borrow this for a reference pic? I have to make something up for printmaking class and I need a picture of a girl and a scooter. I love your pose ^_^
Lift heavy eat clean!
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

ok i'm not a girl and i don't know how to walk in high-heels... but is it safe to ride a scooter with high-heels like that?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

un_designer wrote:ok i'm not a girl and i don't know how to walk in high-heels... but is it safe to ride a scooter with high-heels like that?
I don't think she's actually riding in them, but… No, it's a pretty bad idea to ride in heels.

There are some boots with heels that might work (some Fluevogs have thick heels with textured rubber soles, like these), but a lot of "fashion" oriented boots have very slippery soles and heels. The big concerns are stability when putting your foot down and the possibility of turning an ankle if you hit uneven pavement.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
taile84

Re: My Buddy is a very complex individual just like me :)

Post by taile84 »

Becktastic wrote:
taile84 wrote: This is my fav pic of the whole shoot. This is how I feel on the inside about my Bud.
Hey is it cool if I borrow this for a reference pic? I have to make something up for printmaking class and I need a picture of a girl and a scooter. I love your pose ^_^
Sure feel free. Anything I post is up for grabs :)

taile84

Post by taile84 »

un_designer wrote:ok i'm not a girl and i don't know how to walk in high-heels... but is it safe to ride a scooter with high-heels like that?
Oh Goodness no.... I was just having fun with my alter egos. I wear tennis shoes when riding, and in the process of ordering some good riding tall boots if I ever find the right one for the right price.

weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

Becktastic wrote:
Orange Guy wrote: I think all that gear on a woman is cute.
That's true too. Dresses are nice, but I also enjoy strutting around wearing my jacket and boots while carrying my helmet. I feel like a badass :P
1++++ to all this. Plus if i carry my FF around by the chin guard i can carry some of my groceries easier. (not a lot, less than actually fit on my scoota)
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i rode high heels on my scooter last week for an interview, i had no other transportation at the moment, i knew it wasn't safe, but the trip was less then 5 miles and i had to go if i wanted that job. the heels gave me a boost, i could brace myself better when at a stop
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

howd the interview go?
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i GOT THE JOB! im working in the biology lab at my school, im going to be growing BACTERIA! it's going to be so interesting, hope ya'll are jealous :P

i kid i kid :)
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

r0sa wrote:i GOT THE JOB! im working in the biology lab at my school, im going to be growing BACTERIA!
remind me not to buy this used scoot when it shows up the sale forum.

Kidding! Congrats!
taile84

Post by taile84 »

r0sa wrote:i GOT THE JOB! im working in the biology lab at my school, im going to be growing BACTERIA! it's going to be so interesting, hope ya'll are jealous :P

i kid i kid :)
I jealous! I jealous!!