Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

infinite wrote:This is my first post... I was waiting until my pamplona arrives, but I couldn't wait.

I saw two buddys, a red one and a seafoam one riding together, turning west onto skyline off of campbell at about 5.30pm... sweet!
Lots of people without scoots (yet) post. :)

Welcome to the forum!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Sumosamurai

Post by Sumosamurai »

Saw an italia traveling down Riverside during lunch this morning! FINALLY ONE THATS ACTUALLY BEING DRIVEN!
"Everybody wants to ride a buddy...Scooter"
hackett

Post by hackett »

Red buddy headed south on Broadway this afternoon.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
socaldave11

Post by socaldave11 »

Sumosamurai wrote:Saw an italia traveling down Riverside during lunch this morning! FINALLY ONE THATS ACTUALLY BEING DRIVEN!
I have an Italia and I take Riverside all the time.....but today I was in the cage. Sounds like there's a bizzaro buddy on my route!

Sidenote - "during lunch this morning" ?? :wink:
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

A few hours ago, I saw and waved to a guy with a passenger on a Black Buddy heading southeast on Grossmont Center Dr. in La Mesa, CA.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Woohoo!

Two sightings within 1 minute of each other! (And that doesn't count the kickass Zuma.)

Black Buddy on College Hill (corner of Waterman and Prospect around 7.30-8pm) ridden by a sweet girly wearing a FF. I tooted; you smiled and waved. There were two us; blue Vespa and me on a St Tropez Buddy.

Red Buddy on Hope Street (same time) and around Young Orchard. You had a milkcrate on the back; me, too. Gave you a nod. Not sure if you reciprocated to both of us.

I hardly ever see Buddys in town; now I know they're all on the East Side. I should cross the Point Street Bridge more often.

Shout out!
Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

On 8-23 (last Saturday) saw a Tangerine Buddy parked outside Baker Hall at Rice University - Houston TX. Haven't seen it back though - which is surprising - Rice isn't a very big school, and my girlfriend goes there, so I end up on campus a lot.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

last night, Thursday August 28th. around 745 pm I saw a female riding a zombie blood "SEafoam" buddy down broadway past Tacos Guaymas at Broadway and Pike. She was wearing a white helmet with the red stripe down the side :D

Then about 10 minutes later I saw her go back the other way.
brape

Post by brape »

I saw a women on an italia with a front rack today... turning onto the berlin tpke right before the joann fabric sometime between 5:30 and 6 tonight. (I was in my car)
scootermama

Post by scootermama »

Today, around 11:30 a.m. in NE Portland, Hollywood district. Two scooters going south on NE 42nd Ave. turned left onto NE Hancock as I was parking my Buddy. One red Buddy with a woman on it, followed by a guy on a zombie blood coloured scooter which wasn't a Buddy, but I couldn't catch the make as they drove by.

We shared a happy "hey" as they passed me.
Modern Buddy member # 2499
EPSP member # 102
greenbuddy

Post by greenbuddy »

I've seen an Orange Stella on Herman Rd in Tualatin 2x in the last week. Commuting I thing from west to east.
bunny

Post by bunny »

Yesterday, around noon-ish. Fort Worth's Bazaar flea market thingy off Henderson - red Buddy 125 with a black basket in front. It was parked...but that marks my second Buddy in the wild sighting. I see other scooters all the time now...just never any Buddys...which is strange given the shortage.

BTW, a chick in a white Explorer spotted me last month sometime...she yelled "Modern Buddy!" out her window at me...unless my ears deceived me.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

bunny wrote:BTW, a chick in a white Explorer spotted me last month sometime...she yelled "Modern Buddy!" out her window at me...unless my ears deceived me.
Awesome! (Unless your ears deceived you. :))
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
dorian

Post by dorian »

bunny wrote:BTW, a chick in a white Explorer spotted me last month sometime...she yelled "Modern Buddy!" out her window at me...unless my ears deceived me.
A cute chick in a BMW did a similar shout out to me just this weekend. And she liked my physique too. While at a traffic light I looked over at her and winked, and she yelled over to me "What an ass." The light turned green and she took off waving a single finger at me while yelling "See you later, buddy."

Folks are sure friendly around us scooterists!
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nice!!!
BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

Oh yeah!!! :rofl: And 1!
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Lincoln Mall Target around 5.30pm Monday evening...When I came out, there was a blue buddy chained to one of the shopping cart carrels. I left a note that gave this web address. Kudos to you for braving 116 at rush hour; it's a thrill!

On my way to Lincoln, I passed a Zombie Blood seafoam green Buddy in Providence near the I-95 Exit 25 overpass around 5pm. I double-honked, you waved.

Also passed a grey Vespa and a Honda Elite tonight on my way back down to Providence on 126.

Rattler and Silver Wing this morning on Pleasant Valley.

It was a crazy scooter-sighting day!
armacham

Post by armacham »

I saw a zombie blood buddy going north on Alvernon at 22nd st., and then later a blue Buddy going south on Country club around Speedway. I also saw some other scooter I couldn't ID.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I sighted 3 buddies tonite!!! We were all on the meetup.com seattle scooter group ride tonite. a big woot woot out to ESK on ehr red buddy 125, Scalpel on his Roughouse, and the two wonderful Italia ladies... I forgot what you said your screennames were... :oops: YAY!!!
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I just saw a sunset Buddy heading East on 6th near Tucson Blvd :D I honked and he gave me a confused, "Do I know you?" look. :P
Lift heavy eat clean!
armacham

Post by armacham »

I had Jury duty today. I managed to get excused. yay! Anyway at the same garage that I parked at there was a Pamplona with a top case. We matched! One of the other jurors had a honda metropolitan, too They ended up selecting her though :(
esk

Post by esk »

MikieTaps wrote:I sighted 3 buddies tonite!!! We were all on the meetup.com seattle scooter group ride tonite. a big woot woot out to ESK on ehr red buddy 125, Scalpel on his Roughouse, and the two wonderful Italia ladies... I forgot what you said your screennames were... :oops: YAY!!!
woot woot back! it was nice to finally meet you - and thanks for making me feel better about not being able to get that damn screw off the front panel ;) i had fun & will definitely try to make it out for more meetups!
armacham

Post by armacham »

I saw an Italia, and a Piaggio MP3 today on the way to the autoparts store while driving my girlfriend's 4Runner
HMBscoot

Post by HMBscoot »

on sep. 4th saw a buddy itallia with genuine top case outside Tres Amigos mexican food place in Half Moon Bay, CA. it was parked outside with 3 MC's they looked like cruisers..... anyone here belong to this buddy?
MB Member #1832.

2008 buddy 150 Pamplona
2009 Stella 2T "temporarily"
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

w00t!

Rattler on Magnolia near Vineland. Yes, a block from a dealer, but it still counts, right?

THEN, pink Buddy over near my 'hood, Erwin and Colfax. Maybe custom paint? I saw some white on there, I think.

North Hollywood scooter invasion!
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

I saw a guy on a red buddy 50 this morning around 7:40-7:50ish, on Lowell at 32nd. I was on 32nd turning right on to Lowell and he rode behind me for about 7-8 blocks north. At a stop light we waved to each other. I was going to ask if he's on modernbuddy and how far up lowell he was going to go, but forgot. At the stop light around 44th he got stuck behind the light and that was it.
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Spotted: Buddy Italia

Passed me going West on Broadway Bridge around 5:15ish.

Thanks for the wave! I tried to give a little head nod as you went by
Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

Found another Buddy near work today. Anyone for a green buddy at the 1401 Smith St garage in Houston?
greenbuddy

Post by greenbuddy »

Saw a zombie blood scooter on Boones Ferry downtown Tualatin. I can't believe I got SO excited! That's just like mine! Only he had on a black helmet.
Someday, we'll pass each other there on the way to work. I have the blue helmet.
ringdoc

Post by ringdoc »

two genuine dealers with in 25 miles of me and neither have had any buddys in stock that were not spoken for, and I have not seen one buddy in kansas city, it is kinda sprawling around here, i am in the northland and have only seen maybe 4 or 5 other scoots, and 2 of em were chinese made. there are two at my work, one a aprillia and the other is a yuma.
Jake

Post by Jake »

I've seen Emoboy44's parked someplace before. The argyle seat cover looks nice on the Italia.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

greenbuddy wrote:Saw a zombie blood scooter on Boones Ferry downtown Tualatin. I can't believe I got SO excited! That's just like mine! Only he had on a black helmet.
Someday, we'll pass each other there on the way to work. I have the blue helmet.
Man, all these Portland sightings, and nobody ever spots me! I feel left out! :)
BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

Unless my eyes deceive me (and they sometimes do, especially when I'm drunk), I saw a custom painted Buddy driving east on Lyons Boulevard making a left onto Orchard Village Road. It was painted lime green with matching top case and trimmed in silver.

Again, I hope it was a Buddy; I could have sworn there was the metallic Genuine badge on the front. If this is rightly so, then I've spotted my first one, and within vicinity of where I live.

Incidently enough, I was going the opposite direction and I wanted to bust a U-turn to follow him, but I had more pressing matters to attend to: trying on FF helmets. :wink:
R.McLeod

Post by R.McLeod »

I saw a Buddy on Camp Bowie riding 2up, then five blocks down the same street saw another black & silver Buddy going the opposite direction.
Go Team Venture!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

R.McLeod wrote:I saw a Buddy on Camp Bowie riding 2up, then five blocks down the same street saw another black & silver Buddy going the opposite direction.
I get homesick just hearing that. I should make a Cowtown trip this year. Anyone want to loan me a scoot? ;)
hackett

Post by hackett »

ericalm wrote: I get homesick just hearing that. I should make a Cowtown trip this year. Anyone want to loan me a scoot? ;)
Come down to San Antonio for the <a href=http://thirdcoastrally.com/>3rd Coast Rally</a>. It'll be more fun. :P
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

hackett wrote:
ericalm wrote: I get homesick just hearing that. I should make a Cowtown trip this year. Anyone want to loan me a scoot? ;)
Come down to San Antonio for the <a href=http://thirdcoastrally.com/>3rd Coast Rally</a>. It'll be more fun. :P
There's a Houston camping rally coming up, too.
dorian

Post by dorian »

ericalm wrote:
R.McLeod wrote:I saw a Buddy on Camp Bowie riding 2up, then five blocks down the same street saw another black & silver Buddy going the opposite direction.
I get homesick just hearing that. I should make a Cowtown trip this year. Anyone want to loan me a scoot? ;)
Kincaid's burger anyone?! I'm a bit homesick as well
esk

Post by esk »

today in seattle, around 4pm: italia with matching topcase heading south on fremont ave, just north of the fremont bridge. rider was a guy with a white 3/4 helmet and black jacket. he had to wait for a while for the bridge, so i kept peeking over at his bike - scooter stalker!
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Got honked by a dad and his daughter on a Buddy while I was on my sister's porch today. I had parked mine in the driveway and was just knocking on the door when they honked and waived (big smiles). I grinned and shot a peace sign back at them. What a good community we have! :D
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Black and silver Buddy in San Francisco heading towards 80 on Van Ness at Market yesterday at around 3:30pm. Rider had a backpack on.
mhardgrove

KY Buddies???

Post by mhardgrove »

Hello!!!

Just picked up my 125 Blue buddy in Lexington, KY yesterday! I see 2 orange 50's on the University of Kentucky Campus, and I'm curious if either of you post here?
R.McLeod

Post by R.McLeod »

dorian wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Kincaid's burger anyone?! I'm a bit homesick as well
The first sighting actually was right in between Kincaid's and where Mama's Pizza used to be. If either of you two do make it back here to visit, you might be overwhelmed with all the new construction everywhere. The worse loss was the Wreck Room; it got demolished in April to make room for high priced apartments and office space.
Go Team Venture!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

R.McLeod wrote:The first sighting actually was right in between Kincaid's and where Mama's Pizza used to be. If either of you two do make it back here to visit, you might be overwhelmed with all the new construction everywhere. The worse loss was the Wreck Room; it got demolished in April to make room for high priced apartments and office space.
That is sad. I used to know John & Brian, the owners of the Wreck Room and the Satellite Dish, and actually played at the Wreck Room once and spent a lot of time there in its early days, esp. when I lived in Monticello. I have a lot of good memories from that place. Between that, Trees, the long gone Argo in Denton and Electron Lounge in FW, I think almost every place I ever played has been closed or demolished. It's a curse!

Is Mama's gone or did they just move?

Crap. At least Fred's is still open!
R.McLeod

Post by R.McLeod »

ericalm wrote:
R.McLeod wrote:The first sighting actually was right in between Kincaid's and where Mama's Pizza used to be. If either of you two do make it back here to visit, you might be overwhelmed with all the new construction everywhere. The worse loss was the Wreck Room; it got demolished in April to make room for high priced apartments and office space.
That is sad. I used to know John & Brian, the owners of the Wreck Room and the Satellite Dish, and actually played at the Wreck Room once and spent a lot of time there in its early days, esp. when I lived in Monticello. I have a lot of good memories from that place. Between that, Trees, the long gone Argo in Denton and Electron Lounge in FW, I think almost every place I ever played has been closed or demolished. It's a curse!

Is Mama's gone or did they just move?

Crap. At least Fred's is still open!
The Wreck owners moved into the 6th St. Grill and renamed it Lola's, it's "cozy" like the Wreck Room was in its beginnings and is the best place to see good live bands. They've taken over the jazz night too, since The Black Dog is gone as well.

Mama's has been closed for years until they recently opened a new place down Camp Bowie between Horne & Bryant Irvin.

Fred's almost bit the dust now that it's being shadowed by a gigantic luxury shopping center. Since they're practically a historical landmark they managed to hold their ground, but not without a fight.

The new cool hangouts are now Lola's, The Chat Room (Magnolia St.), & Embargo (1950's Cuban style downtown).
Go Team Venture!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Back to the Buddy spotting:

Italia, this morning, Magnolia Blvd. around Buena Vista in lovely Burbank/NoHo, CA.
jimmymac

Post by jimmymac »

Chesterfield VA - Belmont Rd Sunday evening @ 5:15
Saw a Black Buddy 125. Was it anyone on hear??
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

around sunday afternoon [9/14] in AUSTIN, i think i saw a seafoam green or b. blue on south lamar. she was wearing a speghetti strap with a helmet :shock:

jk :) it felt nice yesterday
petunia

Post by petunia »

Pink Buddy at PCC in West Seattle. I've seen it a number of times.
amanda_c

Post by amanda_c »

Italia sighting on 36th this morning, and a red & black buddy on Eagle Rock Blvd. this evening.