Road Trip from Tulsa to OKC - Sept 08

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

alienmeatsack

Road Trip from Tulsa to OKC - Sept 08

Post by alienmeatsack »

Hey gang,

Us Tulsa folks are trying to organize a larger group to road trip with us out to the OKC Curiosity SC Rally in September of this year.

We'd love to have any of you in the Tulsa, OK area join us! We will be taking historic Route 66 and have a support "cage" vehicle, and it should be a fun ride to a fun rally!

I've put up a blog to centralize information. But since there are some of you here, you are welcome to chat about it here to. I will try and keep this thread updated with info as it develops.

Currently, we have a flyer/poster in the works for the local shops and handing out. And are working on a meeting to work out some of the details.

The website is in my sig and above.

Thanks,

r
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

yesssss! i hope we can go.

i really really really want to make that trip.
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

We'd love to have you both of course. Just join in the chatter and we will post updates as we have them.

Kalvin was sick today so we didn't meet, but should have a very early plan going soon.

r
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Hmmm. . .
Do you have 125s making the trip?
I am wondering if we can make it up to Tulsa if KC'ers could tag along? I think the KC Mad Totos usually trailer down, but we have no trailer and have been pondering if we can get south from KC to the Miami/Vinita area on ANY paved road that might still allow 55mph. I think I am dreaming because most are 65.
~Celebrate~

Post by Guest »

we will obviously have to put a cap on CC's and or capable speed. I'd guess a 125 should be capable of keeping up. No details yet.
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Okay, thanks.
I knew Sailortot has a 125, so I was just wondering if there were others going and what speed you guys planned on traveling. 66 running south is still going to be 65mph, right?
~Celebrate~
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

Any updates on who will be making this trip?
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Currently, no real specifics. Disappointingly so to be honest.

I've put up posters, handed out flyers, put flyers on scoots, and I've had a whopping 1 confirmation and he was the person who had said yes in the first place at the rally. (kalvin, the guy with the mint green stella at the rally)

I am going, even if i have to rent a truck to haul my damn scooter if it's not up to the task. Kalvin's in for sure. I think Sasha is going with us but she's not said "YES" for sure.

I am going to talk to him, and get my room reservation paid probably Monday.

I guess I need to go to the scooter stores here and pester people and start getting all serious... I was hoping to have 5-10 peeps but at this point, it's 2-3 maybe 4 and maybe some who show up last minute.

All I know is, the ride out will be as fun as the rally, experiencewise. And I'd love to have more riders in on it.
gotmilk2000

Post by gotmilk2000 »

I need to check my parental schedule but im down to go. Ive got a rattler 110 and a delphino. If need be i can drive my tundra doublecab longbed truck. 8.5 x 5 bed, we can fit 3-4 in there. Worst case i could take my trailer if there is enough need.