Wrightwood to Lake Arrowhead-Saturday, 9/27

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

teacherquinn

Wrightwood to Lake Arrowhead-Saturday, 9/27

Post by teacherquinn »

We’re doing another Wrightwood to Lake Arrowhead ride on Saturday, September 27th. We’ll leave Wrightwood at 10:00. It’s a 50 mile ride to Arrowhead for lunch. We’ll hang out for a while and then head back to Wrightwood, probably arriving around 3:00pm. The road is twistie and we’ll be between 5,000 and 6,300 feet. Vintage will work and shouldn’t need rejetting but we should keep it over 125cc, otherwise we’ll be out until after dark. Hope to see all the usual suspects for this fantastic ride!

Desert Community Bank Parking Lot
1261 Highway 2
Wrightwood, Ca 92397

Meet around 9:00 for scooter chat. Ride leaves at 10:00!

PS. I've done this on my Buddy and didn't have a problem with the mountains.
Linda
Vice President
Vespa Club of America
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Wow, this looks great. You guys do these pretty often? I think it'd probably take at least a couple hours just to get to Wrightwood from the SFV.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

ericalm wrote:Wow, this looks great. You guys do these pretty often? I think it'd probably take at least a couple hours just to get to Wrightwood from the SFV.
This is our third one. We do the ride ourselves from time to time. Where do you live? We can get from SFV to Wrightwood without doing freeways if you'd like to ride up.
Linda
Vice President
Vespa Club of America
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

teacherquinn wrote:
ericalm wrote:Wow, this looks great. You guys do these pretty often? I think it'd probably take at least a couple hours just to get to Wrightwood from the SFV.
This is our third one. We do the ride ourselves from time to time. Where do you live? We can get from SFV to Wrightwood without doing freeways if you'd like to ride up.
I'm in North Hollywood—I can hop the 2 in Glendale and take it all the way up. I think we're doing a PCH ride that day (some MV members), otherwise, I'd be up for it!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

ericalm wrote:
teacherquinn wrote:
I'm in North Hollywood—I can hop the 2 in Glendale and take it all the way up. I think we're doing a PCH ride that day (some MV members), otherwise, I'd be up for it!
FYI-Eric, Highway 2 currently doesn't go all the way to Wrightwood. About 3 years ago the road washed out and they're just now getting a bridge built. The plan is to have it ready in the spring. The washout is probably about 15 miles south of Wrightwood. You can take Angeles Forest Highway and that'd get you up here.
Linda
Vice President
Vespa Club of America
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Good to know! I was thinking about riding up there just for the heck of it someday.