Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

amanda_c wrote:Italia sighting on 36th this morning, and a red & black buddy on Eagle Rock Blvd. this evening.
There's a 36th in LA?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bunny

Post by bunny »

I saw that red 125 again Sunday. This time I took a closer look at it. Apprently it's the security person's ride at the Fort Worth Bazaar on Henderson. There was a little sign that said SECURITY on it...
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

Becktastic

3 buddies!

Post by Becktastic »

I saw the same sunset Buddy, riding the same street as last week! Then further down 6th, there was a black/silver Buddy parked in the parking structure by the stadium. When I arrived at Pima West Campus, there was a lovely St. Tropez in the motorcycle parking! I left them a newly minted MB card in their front carrier. I hope they see it and it doesn't blow away :3
Lift heavy eat clean!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Woohoo! Pamplona not 10 blocks from my house in Oregon City! The rider was VERY ATGATT! He was wearing a neon-dayglo caution vest over a black power-rangers suit. I could see him 6 blocks away, but traffic was too heavy to catch up with him.
petunia

Post by petunia »

Sunset buddy today parked at the corner of 5th and Union.
amanda_c

Post by amanda_c »

There's a 36th in LA?
Yup. I'm not sure what area it falls under--Glassell Park, Highland Park, or another north-east LA neighborhood. It goes over the 2 fwy.

Sighting: An Italia, this afternoon, heading west on Santa Monica Blvd as I went east. Was it the same one?
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Spotted a Bunny in the wild this morning on my ride home from work. She was a bright yellow Bunny sitting on a beautiful patch of green festooned with lots of big white daiseys. She let out a wild Buddy note of greeting and I was so awestruck I could do nothing but simply wave like a tourist at her before we both sped off in opposite directions. Good to spot you again Bunny! :D
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
bunny

Post by bunny »

I thought that was YOU! YAY! Brings to mind one of my favorite quotes:

So...we meet again...for the first time.

:lol:
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

There are NONE in my neighborhood, but I heard a rumor that a Genuine dealership would soon be opening in the East Bay!
loodieboy

Post by loodieboy »

This morning my wife spotted a sea foam buddy with matching topcase in Mt. Lookout (Cincy) in front of Lookout Joe's. She was certain it was me because WE own a sea foam buddy with matching topcase and we love the coffee at Lookout Joe's. And seriously, how many sea foam buddies with matching topcases can there be in the area? She stopped but, nope, not me, it had Ohio plates (besides, I was where I was supposed to be - 45 miles away working). Unfortunately, she didn't go in to find the rider.

Hey impostor, if you are out there, give me a shout and I can give you fair warning of the 10 - 15 municipal police departments out looking for the maniac riding a sea foam buddy with matching topcase (I love saying that).

Sea foam buddy with matching topcase? Gawd, the taste of some people.

BTW, orange buddy rider in Ft. Thomas - are you out there?
Clearly.
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

While inside at the Thirsty Lion @ 3rd between Ankeny and Ash downtown I saw an Italia and possibly a Pink Buddy go by.

My Black/Silver Buddy 125 was parked right out front, along with my roomie's TnG Milano 150.
taile84

Post by taile84 »

Saw a blue St. Tropez today 9/18/08 in Duluth/Lilburn GA on Lawrenceville Hwy/US-29 around 6 PM. Hello! You are my first Buddy sitting around my area! So nice to see you :D

Vroom Vroom, here I come! riding it like I stole it.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

rudie11 wrote:While inside at the Thirsty Lion @ 3rd between Ankeny and Ash downtown I saw an Italia and possibly a Pink Buddy go by.

My Black/Silver Buddy 125 was parked right out front, along with my roomie's TnG Milano 150.
The Thirsty Lion is good stuff.... My friend's band plays there nearly every weekend.
BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

I thought I had seen another Buddy yesterday (Wednesday) but I think I'm mistaken because it didn't have the Buddy colors I know to exist. It could've been another custom paint mod, but I doubt that I would spot 2 buddies in 1 week's time sporting custom paint...

... So I ask, does anyone know of a scooter make/model that has almost identical front profiles as the Buddy? It's been bugging me because I'm seeing a few more scooters around town and they might not be Buddies.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

There are some Chinese Buddy clones, I think.

I have seen one model of Chinese scoot that is similar at a glance (even has a silver crest on the legshield where the Buddy's is), but has a pointier shape.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

ericalm wrote:There are some Chinese Buddy clones, I think.

I have seen one model of Chinese scoot that is similar at a glance (even has a silver crest on the legshield where the Buddy's is), but has a pointier shape.
You mean like this?

http://www.scooterdepot.us/150cc-Classi ... p-440.html

I have a neighbor that bought one. It's a complete hunk-o-crap. He had to take it down to the frame and rebuild it. It's finally running but the speedo doesn't work. He also found out it can't be licensed. Caveat emptor.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

k1dude wrote:
ericalm wrote:There are some Chinese Buddy clones, I think.

You mean like this?

http://www.scooterdepot.us/150cc-Classi ... p-440.html

I have a neighbor that bought one. It's a complete hunk-o-crap. He had to take it down to the frame and rebuild it. It's finally running but the speedo doesn't work. He also found out it can't be licensed. Caveat emptor.
That's a Vino clone (one of many). I have seen one that is a little more Buddy-like.

That thing is hilariously cheapass-looking. Nice flames!
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Kaos wrote:
rudie11 wrote:While inside at the Thirsty Lion @ 3rd between Ankeny and Ash downtown I saw an Italia and possibly a Pink Buddy go by.

The Thirsty Lion is good stuff.... My friend's band plays there nearly every weekend.
Yeah, it's a great bar. I have a friend that used to bartend there, and I go to watch the MLS Thursday night games sometimes.

What band does your friend play in?
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

rudie11 wrote:
Kaos wrote:

Yeah, it's a great bar. I have a friend that used to bartend there, and I go to watch the MLS Thursday night games sometimes.

What band does your friend play in?
Its called "Holding Out" They're there most weekends.
Tricia

Post by Tricia »

WOW. That scooterdepot.com is AWESOME. Did you guys see that chopper? T-U-F-F.
Ventura County Scooter Club
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

ericalm wrote:That thing is hilariously cheapass-looking. Nice flames!
You can't believe how cheap the scooter looks in person. Actually that model looks to be better quality than some of the others. The neighbor bought 2 different models and the other one looks HORRIBLE. But at least he hasn't had any mechanical problems with it (yet).

They painted clear coat over the flames. And the flames are raised somehow. So there's no way to peel them off or paint over them. You think they look cheesy in the photo? In person they are embarrassingly bad.
MAJensen

Post by MAJensen »

Spotted a Pamplona with a chrome front rack going north on Pilot Knob Road near Dodd Blvd. in Lakeville. That was around 9:30AM this morning.
taile84

Post by taile84 »

I saw a baby blue Buddy on Buford Highway, GA today at around 5 PM. Who are you?? The rider was a guy with a black helmet, unfortunately I was in my car or else I would have honked at you on my Buddy.

2 Buddy sitting's in 2 days!! Woo Hoo!!

Vroom Vroom, here I come! riding it like I stole it.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yesterday, San Fernando Blvd. in Glendale, Buddy Pamplona heading West.

If you passed a group of 14 scooters going the otger way, that was the new LA Meetup group on our first ride. w00t!
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

In Brentwood TN, a red buddy turning on to Old Hickory, this afternoon.
MB #2349
esk

Post by esk »

seattle, sunday, around 2:30pm: red buddy w/jolly roger seat cover, parked in fremont outside the fedex store on 36th and evanston...
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

An orange Stella just stopped at the end of my driveway and pulled off before I could get out of the door. (Was going to ask her where she got it.) Looked like she was lost (easy to do where I'm at). I'm willing to bet she's a student at the college right down the road. (Warren Wilson)

First time I've seen a Stella in person. Very, very nice.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Cheshire wrote:An orange Stella just stopped at the end of my driveway and pulled off before I could get out of the door. (Was going to ask her where she got it.) Looked like she was lost (easy to do where I'm at). I'm willing to bet she's a student at the college right down the road. (Warren Wilson)

And it just appeared in your driveway! Hilarious!
hackett

Post by hackett »

[threadjack] I dreamed about riding a Stella this weekend. I think some part of my unconscious misses shifting gears, or I might have repressed guilt about switching to a twist-and-go lifestyle. I'm not sure which. [/threadjack]
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
armacham

Post by armacham »

I saw a cream buddy with a black topcase parked on the southwest corner or Glenn and Campbell this morning.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Tangerine Buddy near the Milwaukie Shopping center off the expressway.
I was in my wife's cage, but I was going to yell out the window "Modernbuddy.com!" Unfortunately they turned as I started rolling down my window. :(
m. gorhon

Post by m. gorhon »

providence around 5.30 or so today. i saw two women on an Italia riding down Westminster heading towards Olneyville. i was at the light on Knight street near Seven Stars Bakery.
Christy

Post by Christy »

was working in LA area this weekend...

saw a white gts on the 405 on Friday evening around 7pm.

Also saw a scoot in Santa Clarita but I was driving to work and couldn't get a good look...friends said it body looked like my scoot, but was orange. Could have been a orange buddy???!!! on Saturday morning on 126.
EPSP #76
ScooterMcGee

Post by ScooterMcGee »

Man Im sadened some Texas buddy riders or some scooter riders of any kind need to come through Waco so I can have someone to ride with or spot.
And if the county we invented will fall from grace
I guess we'll have to fly away in our own space...Think Locally ..F*ck Globally
I was once asked If I were a tattoo what would I be?... I responded Id be a teardrop Tattoo under a bloodshot eye.
BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

Christy wrote:Also saw a scoot in Santa Clarita but I was driving to work and couldn't get a good look...friends said it body looked like my scoot, but was orange. Could have been a orange buddy???!!! on Saturday morning on 126.
I've been seeing a few more scooters around here lately. A couple of times I thought I saw some Buddy scooters, but their color scheme didn't match up to the ones available from Genuine. :shrug:

Anyways, I hope you had (or are having) a pleasant stay while you were here.
R.McLeod

Post by R.McLeod »

ScooterMcGee wrote:Man Im sadened some Texas buddy riders or some scooter riders of any kind need to come through Waco so I can have someone to ride with or spot.
I'd love to go ride through Cameron Park sometime, but it'll be a while before I drive the 100 miles down 35 to get there. Most my family lives in Waco so I'll go down there for them or for disc golf every once in a while. Maybe one day I'll scoot down there with my wife leading the way in her car.
Go Team Venture!
Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

I've parked next to a green buddy at work now for a while, but I keep not meeting it's driver. Unfortunately that means it could be any one of a few thousand people that work near that parking garage ...
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

armacham wrote:I saw a cream buddy with a black topcase parked on the southwest corner or Glenn and Campbell this morning.
I see that one every now and then when I'm walking my dog. It's by the dentist right?
R.McLeod

Post by R.McLeod »

At lunch I decided I should drive by the dealership on my way back to work. Saw my pamplona outside wrapped in plastic and sittin' in cardboard. Two more days and it's mine.
Go Team Venture!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I saw.... Broke with his (much cleaner than mine) Tangerine Buddy at Pizza Schmizza in Beaverton for lunch. Nice meeting ya Broke!
broke

Post by broke »

Kaos wrote:I saw.... Broke with his (much cleaner than mine) Tangerine Buddy at Pizza Schmizza in Beaverton for lunch. Nice meeting ya Broke!
heh. we were accosted by "pops" who had story after story about riding bikes in France (I think) during WWII and New York with Marlon Brando (not sure I believe him on that one)... It was VERY cool to see the gleam in his eye talking about bikes though. You could tell our that our Buddys were bringing back a lot of memories.

Kaos definitely knows his stuff! I am way more jazzed to keep commuting on my scoot after talking with him. Thanks for meeting me!
mayra

Post by mayra »

saw a black and silver buddy and a companion on an olive stella, so cute. This was in the fan
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

ericalm wrote:
Cheshire wrote:An orange Stella just stopped at the end of my driveway and pulled off before I could get out of the door. (Was going to ask her where she got it.) Looked like she was lost (easy to do where I'm at). I'm willing to bet she's a student at the college right down the road. (Warren Wilson)

And it just appeared in your driveway! Hilarious!
I know! There's a Vespa dealer a mile down the road from me, so I thought it was one of them. Was going to go out to see if she needed help or something, and about fell on my face when I saw the "Stella" badge. I need to move faster.... :lol:
armacham

Post by armacham »

rabbitgod wrote:
armacham wrote:I saw a cream buddy with a black topcase parked on the southwest corner or Glenn and Campbell this morning.
I see that one every now and then when I'm walking my dog. It's by the dentist right?
I think so, that's the opposite corner from the hollywood video?

sidetrack- sweet someone who lives in our neighborhood :)
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I saw a black Stella with awesome elephant decals at Pima West today around 4:45pm! I left them a Modern Buddy card :3

(were you going to send me that hi-res file Eric so I can make nicer ones?)
Lift heavy eat clean!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Becktastic wrote:I saw a black Stella with awesome elephant decals at Pima West today around 4:45pm! I left them a Modern Buddy card :3

(were you going to send me that hi-res file Eric so I can make nicer ones?)
Yes! Forgot. :oops:
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

armacham wrote:
rabbitgod wrote:

In an attempt to not sound all super stalker. I'm pretty sure I live in the same townhome complex as you. It's not everyday you see a Blue 125 and an Italia parked in the same place. I think I saw Becktastic yesterday drive off while walking my dog.
scootermama

Post by scootermama »

Italia in NE Portland on Monday near Broadway, and I think NE 24th. Very cool! It was a good day for a ride, perfect weather.
Modern Buddy member # 2499
EPSP member # 102
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

rabbitgod wrote:
armacham wrote:
rabbitgod wrote: I see that one every now and then when I'm walking my dog. It's by the dentist right?

In an attempt to not sound all super stalker. I'm pretty sure I live in the same townhome complex as you. It's not everyday you see a Blue 125 and an Italia parked in the same place. I think I saw Becktastic yesterday drive off while walking my dog.
Haha that's awesome! Those are definitely our scoots :) I see a lot of dog walkers around here, what kind of dog do you have? You should come on the ride this Sunday! A big group is going to the Saguaro National Forest and I believe there is a barbeque afterward :9
Lift heavy eat clean!
esk

Post by esk »

yesterday (tuesday) in seattle, u-district, around 4:30? pm: black and silver buddy with a bunch of stickers on it (i remember one on the front left that said "RIDE"), heading south on the ave, near cellophane square. rider was wearing a black 3/4 helmet, black jacket, black backpack.