Posting Guidelines Updated

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Posting Guidelines Updated

Post by ericalm »

The Posting Guidelines have received a long-overdue revision. Further refinements will come, this is really just an updated, streamlined version of our original guidelines with a few additions.

Please read them so we won't have to chastise you should you violate them.

topic1.html

I want to call special attention to one section which wasn't changed much.
GENERAL BEHAVIOR
The purpose of Modern Buddy is to inform, educate, entertain and bring us together as a community. This is a forum where scooterists of all ranges of experience, backgrounds and knowledge levels could come and discuss things without feeling intimidated or assaulted by the hostility often found elsewhere. Be civil to one another. Treat everyone with respect. Keep it friendly and remember that not everyone shares your particular viewpoint, nor should anyone be ridiculed for not believing exactly as you do.
These are what I call our "core values" as a forum; they're the standards for setting the tone here and should inform everything we do on some level. All of the specific guidelines exist with these in mind. These are what attracted me to MB as a member before becoming a moderator, then admin, and they're what separates MB from most of the other forums (of any sort) online.

Suggestions for improvements? PM me!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…