Stupid question of the night about the pink color...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GearGirl

Stupid question of the night about the pink color...

Post by GearGirl »

Is there still a pink Buddy 125cc? I see pink as a color option in the 2009 online catalog on the Genuine site, but it doesn't appear in the regular section for the Buddy on the Genuine site, and it also doesn't appear on the list of colors at my local shop. Thanks.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Pink is N/A for '09. sorry. You can always swap the panels or paint it!
Last edited by KRUSTYburger on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

That color of pink was terrible anyway, pink is terrible in general but that was worse :bleh:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

You may still be able to special order a pink 125. Ask your dealer. I haven't seen a new one in a while, but there were still some available last I heard.
ScooterTrash wrote:That color of pink was terrible anyway, pink is terrible in general but that was worse :bleh:
Hatin' on stuff again. :roll:
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

there was a pink one at Motorsport Scooters here in San Diego as of last weekend.
Angela

Post by Angela »

I have a pink '09.
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

i guess there is a pink 09' buddy :) there is hope!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Angela wrote:I have a pink '09.
Did yours come with the black seat and black interior panels?
Last edited by ericalm on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

ericalm wrote:Did yours come with the black seat and black interior panels?
Take a look at the picture. I suspect it's a photo of her Buddy.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

k1dude wrote:
ericalm wrote:Did yours come with the black seat and black interior panels?
Take a look at the picture. I suspect it's a photo of her Buddy.
That's why I asked—wondering if that was stock or if they did a swap.
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

Ericalm is so polite. Grandma would be proud!
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

Me too. Looks like Angela's. It's THE BEST SCOOTER EVER.
so tough, so pink
Angela

Post by Angela »

ericalm wrote:
Technically, yes, I bought it with the black. It was a dealer Frankenstein creation. They don't come with the black panels as we all know, but mine was an experiment. I have a really awesome dealer.

I love mine, I've been know to give her kisses. Yes, I am crazy.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Angela wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Technically, yes, I bought it with the black. It was a dealer Frankenstein creation. They don't come with the black panels as we all know, but mine was an experiment. I have a really awesome dealer.

I don't think my dealer, Mike, would really go for kisses. At least not from me. :)
Angela

Post by Angela »

ericalm wrote:
Angela wrote:
ericalm wrote: Did yours come with the black seat and black interior panels?

I don't think my dealer, Mike, would really go for kisses. At least not from me. :)
My scooter, not the dealer. I did actually bake them cookies today. I am bringing my girl in for her first service. So, they get cookies.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Angela, I tell my scooter I love her every time we go riding. Yes, out loud. Hopefully, no one else can hear me mumbling inside my helmet.... :oops:
ModBud #442
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Angela wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Angela wrote: Technically, yes, I bought it with the black. It was a dealer Frankenstein creation. They don't come with the black panels as we all know, but mine was an experiment. I have a really awesome dealer.

My scooter, not the dealer. I did actually bake them cookies today. I am bringing my girl in for her first service. So, they get cookies.
:rofl:

Okay, I've never kissed my scooter either. I do admire her. It's kind of like a crush.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Angela wrote:I did actually bake them cookies today. I am bringing my girl in for her first service. So, they get cookies.
+!

I AM SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES THIS!!! I've also brought over pizza, muffins, and most recently a great big rack of soft pretzels, because sometimes savories go over better than sweets. :D
ModBud #442
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

polianarchy wrote:
Angela wrote:I did actually bake them cookies today. I am bringing my girl in for her first service. So, they get cookies.
+!

I AM SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES THIS!!! I've also brought over pizza, muffins, and most recently a great big rack of soft pretzels, because sometimes savories go over better than sweets. :D
Holy cow, I'd be the most popular guy in the world if I brought food to my dealer.
Angela

Post by Angela »

The dealer brought me and my girl together. Of course I'll bring them treats. They always offer me bagels or whatever they have when I'm there. So I wanted to bring them stuff. Yes, one of the guys there is my bff's husband but still.

Eric, if you bring your dealer treats, the niceness will be returned!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I'm pretty sure pink is a color for 2009, I remember either at a announcement or dealer expo I saw a pink buddy, but it was a pink with pink interior, not like the 2008 mash up panel switch jobs where it was pink with black interior.

I'm going to have to agree though it would be special order.
adameg
Dealer

Re: Stupid question of the night about the pink color...

Post by adameg »

GearGirl wrote:Is there still a pink Buddy 125cc? I see pink as a color option in the 2009 online catalog on the Genuine site, but it doesn't appear in the regular section for the Buddy on the Genuine site, and it also doesn't appear on the list of colors at my local shop. Thanks.
I'm happy that you're looking at the 125cc and not the 50!! YAY! Good luck finding your pink!
Eco Moto
887 W. Peachtree St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
adam@gogoecomoto.com
GearGirl

Post by GearGirl »

I'm definitely on to the 125 or 150 now, I like all the 150 colors, and three of the 125 colors. I keep getting really harsh feedback from people who I tell I want a scooter. I'm getting so tired of the negativity. I love the excitement here, the pink is so pretty!
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

GearGirl wrote:I keep getting really harsh feedback from people who I tell I want a scooter. I'm getting so tired of the negativity. I love the excitement here, the pink is so pretty!
Yeah...it's pretty much part and parcel, unless you know others that ride scooters, or some pretty understanding MC'ers. Pay 'em no mind.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

ericalm wrote:Holy cow, I'd be the most popular guy in the world if I brought food to my dealer.
And now you know my secret. :P
ModBud #442
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

GearGirl wrote:I'm definitely on to the 125 or 150 now, I like all the 150 colors, and three of the 125 colors. I keep getting really harsh feedback from people who I tell I want a scooter. I'm getting so tired of the negativity. I love the excitement here, the pink is so pretty!
Negativity is normal, people who dont know anything about scooters will either say bad things or urge you away from them.
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Angela wrote:
ericalm wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance but did your Dealer paint your pink interior panels black or switch em? And by the way the black makes all the difference in the world,I like it. Thanks...
Aerosmith, None Other.
Angela

Post by Angela »

BuddyLicious wrote:
Angela wrote:
ericalm wrote: Did yours come with the black seat and black interior panels?

Please excuse my ignorance but did your Dealer paint your pink interior panels black or switch em? And by the way the black makes all the difference in the world,I like it. Thanks...
Its a switch out. They are all about pimping out your Buddy at Motorsport.

Seriously, greatest dealer ever.

I did get a request for my home made carrot cake next time i bring sweets. Don't knwo how to fit a cake on my scooter though????
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

I want to see better pictures of the pink / black buddy, looks good!

and Eric, I'm always hatin :wink:
Angela

Post by Angela »

ScooterTrash wrote:I want to see better pictures of the pink / black buddy, looks good!

Once I get everything done my photographer friend will take pictures. The pink and black is pretty tight.
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Angela wrote:
ScooterTrash wrote:I want to see better pictures of the pink / black buddy, looks good!

Once I get everything done my photographer friend will take pictures. The pink and black is pretty tight.
Lord I hate to even ask what Motorsport put your pink panels on.he he
Aerosmith, None Other.
TVB

Post by TVB »

BuddyLicious wrote:Lord I hate to even ask what Motorsport put your pink panels on.he he
Image?
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

:lol:

That's what I was thinking.
Angela

Post by Angela »

Wow, the ugliness.

Italias and pinks are not to be meshed together.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

TVB wrote:
BuddyLicious wrote:Lord I hate to even ask what Motorsport put your pink panels on.he he
Image?
The room is spinning from.....all....the....ugliness :bleh:
(The Pepto Bismol Italia, not your cool pink and black)
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

TVB wrote:
Image?
Ughhhh... How much more ugly could that be? None.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Animaetrix00

Post by Animaetrix00 »

Haha!! I'd been wanting to add the Italia green panels to mine for some accents and you just changed my mind. :oops:

I do want to eventually do something to slightly lessen the girly unicorn power of mine (Pink on pink with whitewalls/seat/handgrips.) But maybe now I'm leaning more towards chocolate or burgundy racing stripes!

=^..^=
Angela

Post by Angela »

Animaetrix00 wrote:Haha!! I'd been wanting to add the Italia green panels to mine for some accents and you just changed my mind. :oops:

I do want to eventually do something to slightly lessen the girly unicorn power of mine (Pink on pink with whitewalls/seat/handgrips.) But maybe now I'm leaning more towards chocolate or burgundy racing stripes!

=^..^=
Brown would be sweet. Let me know if you are interested in re upholstering your seat. I can ask the boyfriend if he can do something for ya.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Angela wrote:Wow, the ugliness.
I went to high school in the 80s.
The hazards of putting pink and green together are all-too-well known to me.
paige

Post by paige »

Angela wrote:
BuddyLicious wrote:
Angela wrote: Technically, yes, I bought it with the black. It was a dealer Frankenstein creation. They don't come with the black panels as we all know, but mine was an experiment. I have a really awesome dealer.

Its a switch out. They are all about pimping out your Buddy at Motorsport.

Seriously, greatest dealer ever.

I did get a request for my home made carrot cake next time i bring sweets. Don't knwo how to fit a cake on my scooter though????

Put it in one of those cool Tupperware cake/cupcake transportation cases and cargo/spider net it to the seat.
ageekgirl

Post by ageekgirl »

TVB wrote:
Angela wrote:Wow, the ugliness.
I went to high school in the 80s.
The hazards of putting pink and green together are all-too-well known to me.
My seven year old niece has discovered the joys of pink and green. Her birthday party was this past weekend and that was the preferred color combo.
Angela

Post by Angela »

I went to the classic car show this weekend and have a whole new design for my custom seat. I was inspired.

My bf, who is an upholsterer, is ready to kill me. Hey, at least he didn't start sewing it yet (he did cut it out :? )
TVB

Post by TVB »

ageekgirl wrote:My seven year old niece has discovered the joys of pink and green. Her birthday party was this past weekend and that was the preferred color combo.
Those who are too young to remember the past are doomed to repeat its mistakes. :cry:
bunny

Post by bunny »

Fashion history ALWAYS repeats its self...

Bellbottoms, anyone?

Shoulder pads

stove pipe jeans

headbands

Legwarmers

Leggings

Yeah, there's no 'splainin fashion don'ts that keep coming back...recycling be darned...
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I spoke to the folks at Philadelphia Scooters (BEST.DEALER.EVER) and they said that pink is indeed available for 2009. However, due to "limited" demand, you probably won't see it sitting around on the showroom floor. See, out of b/w 300 & 400 Genuine Buddy scooters sold, they've sold +/- 5 pink ones. So, if you're into thinking PINK, get your dealer to special order it for you. :D
ModBud #442
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

polianarchy wrote:Angela, I tell my scooter I love her every time we go riding. Yes, out loud. Hopefully, no one else can hear me mumbling inside my helmet.... :oops:
I do this too. I tell her she's beautiful and sometimes hug her good night. :3
Lift heavy eat clean!
Angela

Post by Angela »

Becktastic wrote:
polianarchy wrote:Angela, I tell my scooter I love her every time we go riding. Yes, out loud. Hopefully, no one else can hear me mumbling inside my helmet.... :oops:
I do this too. I tell her she's beautiful and sometimes hug her good night. :3
I don't feel so weird anymore.

I do sing to her. I was keeping that to myself but I feel I'm in good company.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Angela wrote:I do sing to her. I was keeping that to myself but I feel I'm in good company.
Hehehe! I sing to myself all the time, and especially when I'm riding on a particularly beautiful day. I never thought of it as singing to my scooter, but that sounds good. :nerd:
ModBud #442
Angela

Post by Angela »

polianarchy wrote:
Angela wrote:I do sing to her. I was keeping that to myself but I feel I'm in good company.
Hehehe! I sing to myself all the time, and especially when I'm riding on a particularly beautiful day. I never thought of it as singing to my scooter, but that sounds good. :nerd:
I literally sing songs about her, to her. I feel weird again.

I do tend to sing while on my scooter, its the lack of music. I found myself singing the Jack in the Box Mini Sirloin Burger commercial the other day. "Yippee ai yay mini sirloin burgers..."