pppppproblems....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lou76

pppppproblems....

Post by lou76 »

b125 is "hesitatin" to a near halt when given anything above like 1/4 throttle... have to baby it up to 40, if i can even get there... already ruled out plug, bad ground, vavle clearance, and mostly ruled out vaccum hose leaks... taking it to the local dealer tomorrow... let yall know when i figure it out....
poop....
rajron

Post by rajron »

Did you just do something to the scoot?
Or did it just start off weak one morning/afternoon?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I had a problem of fast idling and then very low idle speed. It drove my dealer crazy. It wound up being water in the carb that had corroded the slide. Running great now!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
x-mojito50mod

Post by x-mojito50mod »

Have you checked for belt slippage/bad rollers (flat-spotted)?
jgalar

Post by jgalar »

Sounds like a plugged pilot jet. Pull the carb, remove the jets and see if any are plugged. You can soak them in alcohol and blow them out to clean.
Keys

Post by Keys »

I called him today and that's the same thing I told him, jgalar...I said to start with the easiest first (spark plug) and work through that system, then move on to the carburetor. It sounded to me like a fuel delivery problem...either a plugged jet or a vacuum leak. I told him how to check for those issues. He's planning to go to Vegas for the rally this Thursday...hope he gets it figured out by then...maybe the dealer would be the best choice in such a time frame.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
lou76

Post by lou76 »

yes, checked belt, but didn't check roller weights... the sputtering is more of a response to throttle than to momentum, so i doubt that is it... plugged main jet sounds good, but i just do not have time to pull the carb at the moment, and as keys said, i am supposed to put it on a trailer thurs. for vegas, so time is of the essence... not to mention i am a daily rider who uses the b125 for transportation....
lou76

Post by lou76 »

valve clearance a little too tight... timing a little off... plugged pilot jet... i dont think the shop did a thorough job of clearign the pilot jet... still a little hesitant towards the end of the pilot-jet-only range... but its going to vegas... ill pop the carb off again and clean out the pilot jet well when i get there....
oh, and the main ground wire was sketchy, they fixed that too...
many thanks to keys for the technical and, more importantly, emotional and mental support....
Dave

Post by Dave »

I don't think you are going to get the pilot jet any cleaner. I used a jet brush, carb cleaner and compressed air to clear it out. The carb was completely disassembled and thoroughly cleaned. It was running fine when it left but if its still hesitating, bring it by maybe the air mixture screw needs a slight adjustment. thanks
Keys

Post by Keys »

You know, it COULD be bad gas. If it keeps plugging the jets, perhaps he got a tankful from the bottom of the gas station's tank...that stuff at the bottom is sometimes VERY dirty.

Hate to say it, Isaac, but you might have to drain the tank on your scooter and clean it out real well and just start over. I've had to do that a time or two on motorcycles...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
Dave

Post by Dave »

Not a bad idea. Maybe check both fuel filters as well.