A moderator and a n00b

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

lmyers wrote: :+!: fwiw, I think staying vertical is way more impressive than stalling is embarrassing.
Thanks very much, lmyers! I just chalk it up to my being a slowpoke. :wink:
ModBud #442
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Angela, those are EXACTLY the kinds of questions this thread is for! N00bs of the scooterverse, fear no shame. Right? Right!

Okeh, here goes:

No clue RE the VBB comparison. Anyone? Bueller?

I have heard that a scooter clutch needs to be broken in, yes.

You will learn to become mechanical, dude. I am learning! It is good that we are surrounded by mechanically-minded folks. Also, books help. I picked up the Haynes manual for the Vespa P-series, and I'm eagerly hunting for other titles.
ModBud #442
Angela

Post by Angela »

polianarchy wrote:Angela, those are EXACTLY the kinds of questions this thread is for! N00bs of the scooterverse, fear no shame. Right? Right!

Okeh, here goes:

No clue RE the VBB comparison. Anyone? Bueller?

I have heard that a scooter clutch needs to be broken in, yes.

You will learn to become mechanical, dude. I am learning! It is good that we are surrounded by mechanically-minded folks. Also, books help. I picked up the Haynes manual for the Vespa P-series, and I'm eagerly hunting for other titles.
Thanks. I have been doing tons of reading. I can say since I started this scooter journey last year I have learned a lot.

I think I will cool my jets and see if the CA legal one comes as planned. I am just so in love with the Stellas and want to shift.

I would like it in this color please

polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Thanks in large part to y'all, I gathered the cajones to ride my Stella to work today. :D :D :D HAPPY SCOOTERIST IS HAPPY

ModBud #442
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Ohhhhh shiinnneeeeyyyyyy :D

Yea! I rode too, even though it's windy. Man it feels good to ride a Stella, doesn't it? :D
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

And me! And me!

Leather looks good parked by that bench.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

:mrgreen: JEALOUS!

Poli, she's beautiful with all the chrome.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

ams, shiiiiiiiinyyyyyyy.... I peer-pressured (his word, not mine!) my friend into buying the '57-Chevy-Blue Stella yesterday, and he didn't buy any chrome. I was all... :shock: ...the shiny is the best part! :wink:

Laura, HECK YES, YOU! Thanks, friend. *group hug*

Eric, your day shall come soon. I'll be right here cheering for ya to buy CaliStella Numero Uno!!!
ModBud #442