[NBR] Great Bag Buy - Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag $19

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

alienmeatsack

[NBR] Great Bag Buy - Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag $19

Post by alienmeatsack »

A friend passed me this link and I just had to have one of these. It's got tons of room for all your stuff, and would be great for strapping to the scooter for trips around town and such.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html
$19 on sale, available in OD Green, Black and Tan.

The pics show it stuffed full of ammo, flashlights, etc. But I've read elsewhere it will hold laptops, chargers, etc. Or you can fill it with your scooter bits or whatever.

I've got one on order and will report back when I get it.

For the price, you can't go wrong with a good bag with lots of pockets!
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Thats a cool bag. I use a paratrooper bag as my scooter bag, and its quite similar to this one. Should be good stuff.
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I am a believer in the idea that you can never have too many bags. :)

And since this is $20, instead of $150 like some of those incredibly overpriced messenger bags and backpacks, I can easily add it to my bag collection without question. :)
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
Angela

Post by Angela »

Dude, the website has some crazy stuff. My boyfriend, an ex marine, will probably love it.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Great looking gear......
Thanks for the link too, I went into the 'closeout' section and just bought 4, yes FOUR pair of Welco Combat boots at $15.00 a pair!!
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Yeah, some cool stuff and some things I wonder WTF on... like Tactical Shorts?

Pants, I can see, but how often does one need to perform tactical maneuvers in SHORTS? :D

When I bought the bag, I had to really use all my Anti-UMF powers to resist buying other crap I don't need!
TVB

Post by TVB »

alienmeatsack wrote:Yeah, some cool stuff and some things I wonder WTF on... like Tactical Shorts?
Pants, I can see, but how often does one need to perform tactical maneuvers in SHORTS? :D
I'm pretty sure Tactical is just a brand name... kind of like you don't have to actually belong to a club to wear Members Only or ride a horse to wear Polo.
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

FREEZE! Everyone put your hands up! NOW NOW!!!

Wow, those shorts look stunning on you. And they hold your extra ammo too. Where did you get those?

I got them at lapolicegear.com. Thanks!
Angela

Post by Angela »

alienmeatsack wrote:FREEZE! Everyone put your hands up! NOW NOW!!!

Wow, those shorts look stunning on you. And they hold your extra ammo too. Where did you get those?

I got them at lapolicegear.com. Thanks!
I'm thinkin' Lt. Dangle from Reno 911
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I gots me one of them bags, thanks for the linkage! :D
MAJensen

Post by MAJensen »

Zombie hunting shirts hmm...
jbougere

Post by jbougere »

I was doing fine until I got to the ankle ties... creeper town.
thecarver61

Post by thecarver61 »

I love this bag. Just ordered one. A great addition for the scooter. Thanks for clueing me in.
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

jbougere wrote:I was doing fine until I got to the ankle ties... creeper town.
Hey, now, I think I'll find a good use for those.
DanteG

Post by DanteG »

TVB wrote:
alienmeatsack wrote:Yeah, some cool stuff and some things I wonder WTF on... like Tactical Shorts?
I'm pretty sure Tactical is just a brand name... kind of like you don't have to actually belong to a club to wear Members Only or ride a horse to wear Polo.
Tactical isn't a brand name so much as a way of life. Tack the word "tactical" on to your gear and suddenly you're prepared for the end of the world.

Members of SPAz, are you listening ? Tactical Buddies (painted OD, black or camo) ! Tactical Helmets ! Tactical Tires ! Tactical stickers ! The marketing opportunites are endless.
when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

HST
Gen. Magnus

Post by Gen. Magnus »

That site is so bookmarked.
"Scootering. Fun in the sun cause I'm scootering. Playing ska on my walkman. Scootering with a friend of mine today." - Scootering, The Invaders

Mad Toto Scooter Club of Kansas City
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I got my bag, but have not had a chance to do some pics and a write up.

It's very good build quality, lots of room for stuff.

First glance, it looks like a kick ass laptop bag, with room for extra mouse, power supply, etc.

Has a big chunk of velcro on it for your insignia, I am so going to put some SPAZ goodness on there. :D
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Cool! Can't wait for mine, I already got all the junk to put in it! Probably should have gotten 2 or 3 for my amount of junk! :lol:
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

I will try to get pics this weekend online for ya to see it in more detail.

No promises, as I am going to do my MC endorsement later today and I might either be comatosed if I fail or riding all weekend if I pass, to celebrate. :D
Scooter Hoot

Post by Scooter Hoot »

I tried resisting the call of all of those nifty pockets, but finally gave in and ordered mine. I think it helped that I'm still within my random crap budget for the month and only 1 week left. I love keeping a budget for that reason - I've bough so many more fun things AFTER keeping a budget than I did. It saves me from frittering all my money away on stupid things early in the month, I can buy cool things at the end of the month when I still have money left over!
scoot_in_VA

Post by scoot_in_VA »

On the closeout page they have tactical SOCKS!! :shock:
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

OK, here are pics of the bag for you guys to see. All sizes approx since the bag is flexible and things can move to accomodate items.

Full set here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alienmeats ... 272118572/

On one side, it has 2 large pockets, one 8x4.5x2 and one 3x10x1.5, both zippered. One has the soft part of velcro on it to stick your unit/group/whatever patches onto. And it has 3 fabric slots for a small flashlight and pens or similar.

The other side has 5 pockets, all with velcro fastened covers. 2 of them are 6x1.5x3 approx, one is half the height of those 2, and one above it in the middle is 2 little 2x1.5x1.5 pockets with one single velcro fastened cover for both. Along this entire side is one large pocket behind the smaller pockets, fasted at the top with velcro as well. Lined everywhere except where the carry straps run up the sides with the soft side of velcro. It's thin, but could easily hold whatever you wanted, from papers to maps, to well, use your imagination.

There are 2 large adjustable pockets on each end with long dual elastic straps that attach via velcro to the bag. They can easily hold 16.9oz water bottles, etc.
ImageImage

The inside compartment is about 15"w x 4"d x 10"h, and has lots of room to expand to hold your stuff.

It also has a divider that goes lengthwise with a velcro piece on each end that can be removed, and a small velcro flap in the middle of it to hold something.

The lining is black and soft, would be no problem to use for a laptop or something that needs some babying. The bag itself is not lined with any kind of thick padding though.

It zips shut with 2 sturdy zippers with pull cord on them.

It has a nice adjustable padded shoulder strap, and extra loops to hook it to other stuff as needed.

The main carry handles are nice and sturdy, with a snap enclosure to hold them together. The straps for these run down the sides and the bottom of the bag as well.

That's it. A nice quality bag for a nice price.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Cool, thanks for the pics! It's just a tad bigger than I thought, which means it might actually fit all my scooter odds & ends!
Frankenscoot

Post by Frankenscoot »

Great find! I have an awsome courier/messanger bag that I use everyday but went ahead and ordered this one cause it has a lot of pockets. If I don't dig it as much as I expect i'll pass it on to mylady. Or just buy her one too if she likes it.
"I is to good making it ride faster now it doesn't not have that part witch it didn't can have?"

http://www.ScooterDeviant.com
Frankenscoot

Post by Frankenscoot »

PS- type "policelink" in the coupon section when ordering for 10% off which levels out to a whole $2 off!
"I is to good making it ride faster now it doesn't not have that part witch it didn't can have?"

http://www.ScooterDeviant.com
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Are the shoulder strap clips and rings metal or plastic?
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Bag rings = metal
Strap clips = plastic
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Frankenscoot wrote:PS- type "policelink" in the coupon section when ordering for 10% off which levels out to a whole $2 off!
Doh! I coulda bought Stax with that 2 dollars!!!
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

I just got notice that these are on sale at LA Police Gear for $14.99.
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

i'm assuming that you'd be using this as a messenger-style, over-the-shoulder bag... how comfortable is it when there are stuff in all those pockets, since there are no linings?
» Current: 2006 Saabaru 9-2x Aero, 2006 Scion xB, Original '07 Series Italia, 2003 Marin Highway One
» Departed: 2004 Subaru WRX, 1999 1/2 VW GTI
TVB

Post by TVB »

JettaKnight wrote:I just got notice that these are on sale at LA Police Gear for $14.99.
Not only did the TBOB serve me well on last year's MI-way expedition, I use it every workday to carry my laptop, lunch, and other sundries to/from the job. It's definitely worth this price.
TVB

Post by TVB »

un_designer wrote:i'm assuming that you'd be using this as a messenger-style, over-the-shoulder bag... how comfortable is it when there are stuff in all those pockets, since there are no linings?
I wear it over the shoulder/around my neck, with the strap just slack enough for the bag to rest on the seat behind me. The weight it all on the seat, with the strap just holding it loosely in place.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I don't usually carry mine with me, but they are still very useful. I have a khaki one for electronics & stuff and a black one for tools & scooter junk. I just keep them on a shelf and whenever I need something I know right where to go! The many pockets make it easy to keep things separate and organized. :D
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

un_designer wrote:i'm assuming that you'd be using this as a messenger-style, over-the-shoulder bag... how comfortable is it when there are stuff in all those pockets, since there are no linings?
Ask Eric. Since the day it arrived I've never seen him ride without it. :P

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

the best under $ 20.00 use daily for the past year getting anouther to make saddle bags
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

I ordered a khaki one and, after it arrived, was so taken with it that I had to order another, in O.D. this time. One is for the scooter, and the other for the shooting range.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:
Ask Eric. Since the day it arrived I've never seen him ride without it. :P
I pack this thing full of all kinds of crap and I can wear it all day, no problem!
(I often ride without it, though. I just always have it on group rides, trips, rallies and so on. I also almost always wear more gear than in this pic!)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:the best under $ 20.00 use daily for the past year getting anouther to make saddle bags
Now there's an awesome idea!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

this bag must be the best thing to come out since sliced bread. I'll have to order me one, not that I have any particular use for one now, maybe a gym bag.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:this bag must be the best thing to come out since sliced bread. I'll have to order me one, not that I have any particular use for one now, maybe a gym bag.
It's kind of funny… I mean, it's a bag. But it's pretty much perfect for using when riding. The Velcro outer pockets give me easy access to all the stuff I need in a hurry: cameras, batteries, lip balm, and so on. The big pockets on each end are perfect for water bottles. The interior is roomy. Yet the whole thing will still fit in a top case or pet carrier or big enough glovebox.

I get tons of questions and comments about it.

The one negative: Looks a little man-bag-y when off the scooter. The ladies are unimpressed with this.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

ericalm wrote: The one negative: Looks a little man-bag-y when off the scooter. The ladies are unimpressed with this.
Hey, at least she's smiling!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

They're currently on sale for $14.99!
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

ericalm wrote:They're currently on sale for $14.99!
it's showing as $19.99 when i looked at it just now. where are you seeing the $14.99?
» Current: 2006 Saabaru 9-2x Aero, 2006 Scion xB, Original '07 Series Italia, 2003 Marin Highway One
» Departed: 2004 Subaru WRX, 1999 1/2 VW GTI
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

un_designer wrote:
ericalm wrote:They're currently on sale for $14.99!
it's showing as $19.99 when i looked at it just now. where are you seeing the $14.99?
Same here! I looked when JettaKnight mentioned this price and didn't see it either!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

http://campaign.constantcontact.com/ren ... wh0tSRU%3D

They had 300 for sale at that price. Maybe sold out now. I get $19.99 when clicking through from that page.
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

ericalm wrote:...
The one negative: Looks a little man-bag-y when off the scooter. The ladies are unimpressed with this.
man-bag tip: wear it over your head and shoulder, not just over your shoulder (see picture).

it dulls the image a little, but just a little! :wink:
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Lovelandstella wrote:man-bag tip: wear it over your head and shoulder, not just over your shoulder (see picture).

it dulls the image a little, but just a little! :wink:
Not flattering for the gut, though. It's okay, impressing the ladies isn't high on my priority list these days. I'm beyond vanity. :)
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

On sale right now (Mar 8 PM) for $10.00!!

Black. Only.

Edit : price good until 9PM PST, limit 2.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

They're on sale for $10 in all colors but there is a 1-2 week delay for the Olive and Desert Tan (just ordered mine).

Note: shipping and handling is $9.09 so you are still paying around $20 for the bag in the end run.
Anna was TOTALLY impressed with it, dude! :lol:
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

For that price I bit. I'd been eying this for a while now. Shipping on a second one is an extra $.91 which brings it out to an even $30 for two. You can never have enough bags, right?
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.