Day one, Amerivespa Report....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tenchi

Day one, Amerivespa Report....

Post by Tenchi »

Just got home from the ride up to Grant's Ranch and back. Great turnout for a first day! Over 45 riders tackled the long ride up to Mt. Hamilton and continuing through Livermore. Coward that I am, I took the "short" ride, never having ridden with other scooterists before. The ride down on Quimby road was quite a challenge for my brakes, and locked up the rear wheel once after hitting a pothole. Oh well, ya learn. While waiting for my ride, I ran into ENZO (not literally), got some pics, met some great folks! Now I understand the allure of the scoot thing. 90% of the scooters were, of course, Vespas, but there were five Buddies that I counted. Only casualty, so to speak, was a gal that pulled over to let others by on our ride, and she lost her footing while stopped. No injuries, scoot was fine, but the group leader made a point of explaining just what had happened and how to avoid it in the future.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Thanks for the good report! Have fun!!

Ericalm has been posting his reports in this thread for anyone who might like to read it:

topic11693.html
Tenchi

Day two at Amerivespa.....

Post by Tenchi »

Man, those Vespa riders are something else! I had a hard time keeping up with them in the curves, they were true pro riders, and I got passed more times than broccoli at a buffet. Josh took us on Highway 17 to get to Bear Creek Road for our ride to Alice's Restaurant, and that was my first time on a "freeway" since I got the Kymco. On the way back (I left by myself, was already humbled enough) I got on the 101 freeway and hit 70 Kymco miles per hour on the way back home. Practice makes perfect. :D Thanks, Josh R.