shop of the month contest

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

chub1965

shop of the month contest

Post by chub1965 »

they are having a scooter shop of the month contest at http://www.scooter-news.com/ scoot richmond is in the running.lets show some support fellow richmonders.get out and vote.
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

only 3 shops listed :roll:

how do you get a shop added to the list??
Philadelphia Scooters should be there :hit:
abstraxion

Post by abstraxion »

Probably Motorsport in San Diego. They seem to have a much wider sphere of influence than most shops, especially considering San Diego is at the (good) end of the continent!
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

What's up with this contest?
It has nothing to do with the best shop really. I doubt few of you have been to all of them--so how would you know?
It's going to depend on the area representing their shop. So this is a contest to see what region has the most scooterists or what?

Ugh. I love all THREE of these places.

BUT, I'm going to have to vote for my soon-to-be-local shop--Scoot Richmond.

Chelsea and her crew have saved my ass numerous times.
Angela

Post by Angela »

How would I even know? I've never had any interaction with them.
Drumwoulf

Post by Drumwoulf »

BeachBuzz wrote:only 3 shops listed :roll:

how do you get a shop added to the list??
Philadelphia Scooters should be there :hit:
Absolutely! One of the best arround on the east coast, IMO!
The local Honda, Yamaha, and Vespa dealers, while adequate (mostly), don't even come close to the way Philadelphia Scooters deals fair and square, and stand behind what they sell! The people in that shop actually treat their customers as if they like them and respect their experience as riders! (What a concept, eh?) :shock:

There is a new dealer in NJ tho; just opened up in Long Branch about a month ago. Most of us local scooterists haven't had much of a chance to check him out yet, but so far the reports seem pretty good... :D
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
Syd

Post by Syd »

Alix B wrote:...BUT, I'm going to have to vote for my soon-to-be-local shop--Scoot Richmond...
You're leaving Maine?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ScooterNews

Post by ScooterNews »

Those three shops were chosen based on the three best customer referrals I received from Scooter-News readers. About three weeks ago I posted a story on Scooter-News asking for new shop of the month nominations as I had run out with my own personal experience with scooter shops. I was going to post a message on the board here about the nominations but the moderators didn't think it would be appropriate. Anywho, the contest isn't so much about choosing the best scooter shop in the country but more about highlighting some of the great independent scooter-only shops. I plan on running the contest for the rest of the riding season so feel free to send in future nominations to editor@scooter-news.com

cheers,

Ryan Carden
www.scooter-news.com

cheers,

Ryan Carden
Editor/Contributor - Scooter-News.com
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Syd wrote:
Alix B wrote:...BUT, I'm going to have to vote for my soon-to-be-local shop--Scoot Richmond...
You're leaving Maine?
YES! Brrrr..

I got into the Grad School Mass Comm Multi-Media Journalism program in Richmond! School starts in June!
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Alix B wrote:
Syd wrote:
You're leaving Maine?
YES! Brrrr..

I got into the Grad School Mass Comm Multi-Media Journalism program in Richmond! School starts in June!
Congrats!! That's excellent news! (It is excellent news, right?) The more the merrier in RVA.

And I really shouldn't have to say anything on the shop bit... I'm sure most everyone knows my warm feelings for Scoot Richmond. :P
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Lostmycage wrote:
Alix B wrote:
Syd wrote: You're leaving Maine?
YES! Brrrr..

Congrats!! That's excellent news! (It is excellent news, right?) The more the merrier in RVA.

And I really shouldn't have to say anything on the shop bit... I'm sure most everyone knows my warm feelings for Scoot Richmond. :P
Ha. Yes, it is excellent news. While the economy is so bad, I can get more education, live on grant/loan money and then I'll be more in debt, but more qualified when the economy turns. :roll:

I'm just stoked to have a sweet local shop and hot weather.

By the way--what's up with Birmingham Magic City sneaking up in the lead? They must be all over message boards in ATL and BHAM. :lol:

Come ON, Scoot Richmond!!!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Congrats to Alix! I'm sure you'll be scooting happily in warmer climes.

As far as the contest… I get the impression it's more about "shout out for your dealer" than pitting the three against each other in any qualitative way. It would probably be more valuable to have people submit reasons why their dealer might deserve this honor. That would be pretty time consuming for all, I imagine.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
louie

Post by louie »

Alix B wrote:
Lostmycage wrote:
Alix B wrote:
By the way--what's up with Birmingham Magic City sneaking up in the lead? They must be all over message boards in ATL and BHAM. :lol:

...quote]

hehe, you know we'll do about anything to get the magic city's name cleaned up.

peace out.
ScooterNews

Post by ScooterNews »

ericalm wrote:Congrats to Alix! I'm sure you'll be scooting happily in warmer climes.

As far as the contest… I get the impression it's more about "shout out for your dealer" than pitting the three against each other in any qualitative way. It would probably be more valuable to have people submit reasons why their dealer might deserve this honor. That would be pretty time consuming for all, I imagine.
This is exactly what I did to take nominations. Basically the three best shops customer referrals I received went up for voting. You hit the nail right on the head when you said it would be too time consuming to submit reason with their vote, although in an ideal world it would be great. Like I said earlier, this isn't so much a poll to pit shop against shop but one more to highlight some great scooter-only shops in the country. I'm sure all three of these shops will win at some point this season or next.
www.scooter-news.com

cheers,

Ryan Carden
skidad

Post by skidad »

Scooterville In Minneapolis Rules As Far As I Am Concerned,Bought A Buddy 125 For My Wife(Pink) And A Kymco s-200 For Myself at The Same Time Last Year.Totally Seamless OTD Pricing,Sales And Service Second To None!!
shawnie

Post by shawnie »

I'm doing my part by voting for Magic City!!!!
GO BIRMINGHAM!!!

:D
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

Too bad there's only three shops in the running. After the treatment I got from my local buddy shop, Twist 'n' Scoot, I would've loved to put them in the running.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

Not to be grumbly but, I do not see the point.

There are hundreds of shops that sell scooters in the states. On this forum everyone in Cincinnati is going to talk about how great Dave & Seth are at Metro. I do not disagree but, what about Vickie & Arnie at Midwest? I have nothing but great things to say about both shops. If Metro gets listed and everyone votes for them, it looks like Midwest sucks. That is certainly not the case.

Is it not better to list all the scooter shops in the states and have people vote for their favorite rather have it skewed like it is now and this thread turn into just a bunch of posts stating my shop is the best.
highlighting some of the great independent scooter-only shops
This not highlighting. This is just a name drop.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ScooterDave wrote:Not to be grumbly but, I do not see the point.

There are hundreds of shops that sell scooters in the states. On this forum everyone in Cincinnati is going to talk about how great Dave & Seth are at Metro. I do not disagree but, what about Vickie & Arnie at Midwest? I have nothing but great things to say about both shops. If Metro gets listed and everyone votes for them, it looks like Midwest sucks. That is certainly not the case.

Is it not better to list all the scooter shops in the states and have people vote for their favorite rather have it skewed like it is now and this thread turn into just a bunch of posts stating my shop is the best.
highlighting some of the great independent scooter-only shops
This not highlighting. This is just a name drop.
Weird… I find myself agreeing with Scooter Dave. Maybe need to go lie down for a bit.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ScooterNews

Post by ScooterNews »

I just wrote a big long response, but in second thought I'm tired of replying to these kinds of posts. If you don't like the contest, feel free not to vote. Thanks!
www.scooter-news.com

cheers,

Ryan Carden
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

I liked the scooternews site.
The contest brought me there for the first time.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
louie

Post by louie »

LisaLisa wrote:I liked the scooternews site.
see now, that's what scooter news is talkin about.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

louie wrote:
The contest has fulfilled its purpose!
louie

Post by louie »

ericalm wrote:
louie wrote:
The contest has fulfilled its purpose!
2 new readers! :wink: