Back on the road ----maybe

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Sailboat13

Back on the road ----maybe

Post by Sailboat13 »

Good news,,,Looks like my scooter should out of the shop today. They found that the guy in Florida who replaced the gear seal did a awful job of it. He left a lot of the old gasket stuck to the face of the gear case and they found that a couple more case bolts were ready to come out. One fell out the day after I picked my scoot up and they replaced it with an improper bolt. Lord have mercy on others that might use that shop. They told me yesterday that while that guy in Florida had my case apart that he sould have repaced another seal too,( O-ring type) but didn't. Hope to hear from my shop here in Ohio today. Man O man do I miss my scoot!
pairofscoots

Post by pairofscoots »

I would hate to go without my scoot too. :cry:
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

So there are some advantages to being back in Ohio! :D
Keys

Post by Keys »

I was in Ohio once...but it was on a Monday and they were closed...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

:rofl: My students and I had agreed to go out for breakfast after our morning final, only to find the diner closed. It was closed only on Mondays.
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

I really hope that your baby is fixed now and you can enjoy riding if I was retired I would ride everyday. heck I do that now but my job gets in my way so maybe when Im 70 i will enjoy the free time
Sailboat13

soon maybe

Post by Sailboat13 »

I called the shop yesterday and they told me that their having trouble getting the parts from the dealer,,,,,,meaning that my scoot just sits there for unknown more days. This Tuesday will be TWO weeks to replace a damn seal. That's half a month,,, damn that frustrating
jbougere

Post by jbougere »

I had the same trouble with a brake rotor. It took two weeks to get the rotor in... after performance rotor snafus and ordering issues. I was on the verge of asking them to cannibalize one of their new scoots. I also logged WAY too many hours on MB during the hiatus!