My best performance mod yet!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Orange Guy

My best performance mod yet!

Post by Orange Guy »

OK, gonna brag a bit. Over the past 60 days, I've dropped about 40 lbs. Honestly, losing weight has gotten me a few more mph at the top end. Before, with just the pipe, jet and sliders, my max speed was 68 bmph. Now, with the same setup and a lighter me, I hit 72 the other day.

Here's the proof: More Orange Guy than you may want to see.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
laxer

Post by laxer »

P90X!! Seriously though, great job, even your beard lost weight!!
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Not only does your scoot thank you...I'm sure your heart does as well. It's hard to loose weight....so bravo on sticking with it!!! :clap:
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

laxer wrote:P90X!!
Well, just P90 for this round. I looked at the P90X fitness exam and found out I need to get in shape before I can get in shape.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

That is an amazing accomplishment and very impressive. Bravo. Keep up the good work!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Syd

Post by Syd »

I didn't know beard hair weighed that much!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Good for you :)

Maybe we should start a "Raise your Gas With Your Smaller Ass" Thread
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

:lol: Good on ya, Bro.
I'll let my signature speak for itself....
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Way to go, if you can't voodoo the bike, voodoo the bod ehh? :)
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

That reminds me of when I was at at the bike shop, and my guy there was trying to get me to trade in my nice road bike (+ $4000) for a carbon fiber racer. Told me the frame was 5 pounds lighter. We both fell out laughing when I told him I thought it would be more efficient and cheaper if I lost 5 pounds off my frame.
Last edited by LisaLisa on Sun May 31, 2009 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

Great job. You inspire me. I'm sitting her trying not to pass out after walking the dog a mile.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Haha, I totally have you beat. I have a wife. She's a bamboozler. She Bamboozled me into getting a gym membership, going three times a week and doing ridiculous terraforming projects in our backyard. Plus, I do ridiculous things to my Blur. After this summer I should be able to hit about 95mph *AND* I'll have a fantastic looking yard. How's your yard look, speedy?! :rofl:

Just kidding there. Fantastic job. I can attest to how difficult is it to stick to a goal like this. Bravo on sticking to it and enjoy the payoffs. Hopefully I'll be at least half as successful. That was fast... 40 in 60? How exactly does that work?
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Lostmycage wrote:That was fast... 40 in 60? How exactly does that work?
Swine flu :lol:
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I need to get me some of that!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Lostmycage wrote:Haha, I totally have you beat. I have a wife. She's a bamboozler. How's your yard look, speedy?!
It's getting there. The wooden sidewalk I built is my favorite part.

I think I have one of those bamboozler wives as well. "You know, if the garage was cleaned up, you'd have room for more scooters." So I clean the garage. "You don't need any more scooters. You can only ride one at a time." :x
Lostmycage wrote:That was fast... 40 in 60? How exactly does that work?
The gimmick in the commercial calls it muscle confusion. What helped me is that I had a lot to lose to begin with. Underneath all the marketing, P90 is just diet and exercise.

Orange Guy, Inc.
donkin

Post by donkin »

Congrats! I've had success in the past ... with, like you said, watching how I ate and getting more exercise.

I've started to creep back up, so starting to get back w/ the program...

Now if I could figure out how to get my aerobics done while riding the Buddy.

Great Job.

- Don
Member 2166
Taz

Post by Taz »

I can relate all too well to the weight loss. I almost died a few years ago thanks to a fungal lung infection. You could have called me Count Von Zeppelin I was so big! I blimped out to 376 lbs! I didn't really look that big but as I was pretty densely packed.

It took me a while to recover but now I am a "svelte" 215. I lost an entire person compared to what I was. It was amazing to feel the improvement in my scooter and motorcycles' acceleration as I lost weight.

Best mod so far to my buddy has been drilling out the dan gas cap. The thing would apparently vapor lock all the time. I picked up at least 2 mph on top speed by doing that. I think it was causing it to run lean as well in general at WOT.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Kudos OG! :D
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Here is an alternative point of view: http://kateharding.net/but-dont-you-rea ... unhealthy/
ModBud #442
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

I have the opposite problem it takes alot for me to maintain weight I usually hover at 175 but I can loose 5 to 10 lbs in a few days not even trying its weird just as long as I dont fall below 165 lbs Im happy Im 6' 4"
and I have to eat mega amounts of food to gain 5 lbs.
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

polianarchy wrote:Here is an alternative point of view: http://kateharding.net/but-dont-you-rea ... unhealthy/
thanks for the link. I haven't always been a big girl and a poor diet and lack of exercise compounded by extreme stress had me put on 80lbs in 6months and in the intervening 2.5 years, it's gone to a total 100lbs gained. I know I'm not the kind of fat that she's saying is ok but it this article also tells me I don't need to be 120 to be healthy either. I've bookmarked it to reference whenever my self-talk turns defeating. THANKS.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

jijifer, I am glad you found the link useful. If you are interested in reading more about HAES (Health At Every Size), take a gander at the rest of Kate's blog and the other sites linked.
ModBud #442
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

polianarchy wrote:Here is an alternative point of view: http://kateharding.net/but-dont-you-rea ... unhealthy/
That's all well and good (and I agree with her), but that's not really an "alternative point of view" to my claim that my weight loss has increased my top speed.

Orange Guy, Inc.
kneil67@yahoo.com

scooter jockey
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Congrats!

I need to do this mod. My only excuse for not doing it is that I'm tired of all the music on my gym playlist. I didn't say it was a good excuse.
kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:I have the opposite problem it takes alot for me to maintain weight I usually hover at 175 but I can loose 5 to 10 lbs in a few days not even trying its weird just as long as I dont fall below 165 lbs Im happy Im 6' 4"
I used to be able to lose a decent amount through sheer willpower. Then I turned 35.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Congrats, man. I did the same mod last year and it's not only scooter riding that benefits. It's all too easy to live a life sitting down and eating whatever we want whenever we want. Glad you've chosen to reject that concept!
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

ericalm wrote:Congrats!

I need to do this mod. My only excuse for not doing it is that I'm tired of all the music on my gym playlist. I didn't say it was a good excuse.
Not to mention that your favorite gym shorts are in the wash. Always. :P
kneil67@yahoo.com

ericalm wrote:Congrats!

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:I have the opposite problem it takes alot for me to maintain weight I usually hover at 175 but I can loose 5 to 10 lbs in a few days not even trying its weird just as long as I dont fall below 165 lbs Im happy Im 6' 4"
I used to be able to lose a decent amount through sheer willpower. Then I turned 35.
yeah but im 42 the most I weighed was 190 and thats when I was stationed in Korea I ate lots and lots and lots Love Korean food
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

I'm 6'4"....but weight 200. I need to be around 185 like I used to . I feel sluggish.....and I'm only 30 :(
kneil67@yahoo.com

ScootStevie wrote:
I'm 6'4"....but weight 200. I need to be around 185 like I used to . I feel sluggish.....and I'm only 30 :(
send it over to me Ill take 10lbs
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:
ScootStevie wrote:
send it over to me Ill take 10lbs
Can you send lbs through paypal?? I heard it's a new feature

:P
kneil67@yahoo.com

:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: only if your from england good luck with the weight I think that 190 would be comfortable jus t make your portions smaller