The Shop Is Ready!

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

The Shop Is Ready!

Post by BuddyRaton »

I've been working on it for a few months now on the weekends. Well..on those non-rally or ride weekends! Mrs. Raton was hoping it would be done before hurricane season and I made it by about 8 hours!

I started with a 10'x12' Tuff Shed shell. It meets hurricane code so it shouldn't blow away. I hope we don't have to find out this season.

Well I couldn't work in an unfinished shell so I made a few upgrades.

2 -20 amp circuits...a boy needs his power tools!

Rigid insulation on all walls and ceiling

walls finished with slat board and 3/4 inch plywood (my old hurrricane "shutters"

Diamond plate lights

carpet

Air conditioning

stereo

satellite TV

Yesterday I finished moving in the tool chest, my lathe, the scooter jack and a few other odds and ends.

Now I just need to move in a couple of scooters!

"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

oh wow, that is crazy!!!!!!!!!

working on scooters in the AC!!

:clap: bravo on building such a great looking shed, i love the color and it looks very neat! <-----that might change after you start moving in those scooters
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I'm tired of dying in the hot driveway and garage.

The color choice was kinda funny. It was a gallon of home depot OOPS.
Really good paint for $5 a gallon. The choices were that or gray. I'm in SoFla so the color is perfect! I like it!
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

Great shed. I'm hoping to do the same some day too. Still need to convince Mrs Dibber first.
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
underdog

Post by underdog »

WOW!! That is an awesome shed. Also being from so. fla, I appreciate that it meets hurricane code. Nice job. :D
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Awesome. Wish I had something like that. Nice job! And I agree, color is perfect for FLA :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Jealous! That's awesome.

I have a carport and a $12 Harbor Freight plastic toolbox. My garage is full of future garage sale items and, uh, crap.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Yeah I've been doing the clean, organize, move out of the garage thing. Along with a tool roundup, those tools are worse than tribbles...they get everywhere!. I need to count but I would say I have at least 30 screw drivers.

The neon sign was a raffle prize at sleep away camp

Thanks Tampa2stroke!
www.teamscootertrash.com

bunny

Post by bunny »

ericalm wrote:Jealous! That's awesome.

I have a carport and a $12 Harbor Freight plastic toolbox. My garage is full of future garage sale items and, uh, crap.
If you havea garage sale, we'd make the trip out there. We're garage sale junkies.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

JEALOUS. :mrgreen:

I admit I'm :lol: -ing a bit at the satellite teevee, but I suppose the shed may double as a "den." The power outlets & stereo mos def would go in my shed, and of course I'd love an AC unit. I'm surprised at how roomy 10 x 12 looks! I love the color, too. I'm totally gonna have a shed like this. But first, I'll need a house....
ModBud #442
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

polianarchy wrote:JEALOUS. :mrgreen:

I admit I'm :lol: -ing a bit at the satellite teevee, but I suppose the shed may double as a "den." The power outlets & stereo mos def would go in my shed, and of course I'd love an AC unit. I'm surprised at how roomy 10 x 12 looks! I love the color, too. I'm totally gonna have a shed like this. But first, I'll need a house....
Awww you gotta have NASCAR on when tearing an engine apart!

A wide angle lens helps it look bigger too!
www.teamscootertrash.com

Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Very cool.

Something tells me if I had a shed like that, my garage would find a way to fill itself up with something else.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

00ps
Last edited by iwabj on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

iwabj wrote:You'll never have to leave.
:lol: But who's gonna clean it :roll:
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

Now you just need to get your mail forwarded and you're done!
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Very cool! Congrats on the "cool" shop! :D
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Still loading it up!

www.teamscootertrash.com

KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Doooood! That is the mack daddy of all garages. I'm building a shed (if you can even call it that),
it will not compare in any way to yours, but you gave me a couple ideas. That is super sweet. :D
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

When are you getting a lift?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

The lift is already in there. If you look at photo 4 in my original post it is that red thing under the bench on the left hand side. It is rated for 1500 pounds but I don't think I would go anywhere near that. The most I would load is the Burgman at 550 to 600 pounds.

It's on caster so I can roll it out when needed. I also have a couple of pieces of luan left over from the ceiling and bench top, maybe 4 x 3, to lay down. It was about $80 at Cycle Gear.
www.teamscootertrash.com

Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Man, it just keeps getting better. It's like a scooter club house. You should have a secret handshake to get in.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Eric,
You would be surprised how well you could make your carport into a garage. Close it in and wala an insta-garage.I have seen some like this. :D
Aerosmith, None Other.
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

BuddyRaton wrote:The lift is already in there. If you look at photo 4 in my original post it is that red thing under the bench on the left hand side. It is rated for 1500 pounds but I don't think I would go anywhere near that. The most I would load is the Burgman at 550 to 600 pounds.

It's on caster so I can roll it out when needed. I also have a couple of pieces of luan left over from the ceiling and bench top, maybe 4 x 3, to lay down. It was about $80 at Cycle Gear.
When do you open for business? I see some side-work in your future.$$
Aerosmith, None Other.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BuddyLicious wrote:

Eric,
You would be surprised how well you could make your carport into a garage. Close it in and wala an insta-garage.I have seen some like this. :D
Ha, I have a garage. I just don't have room for working on a scoot in there so I do it all in the carport, which is actually supposed to be the patio. More importantly, I need more tools. Big, expensive tools.
louie

Post by louie »

BuddyRaton wrote:Yeah I've been doing the clean, organize, move out of the garage thing. Along with a tool roundup, those tools are worse than tribbles...they get everywhere!. I need to count but I would say I have at least 30 screw drivers.

The neon sign was a raffle prize at sleep away camp

Thanks Tampa2stroke!
buddy, you win the best prizes...
the shop is great, don has about 30 of lots of tools, bought, inherited, left behind, you name it. if you have the drawer space they'll come in handy as door prizes to all who use your shop :wink: .
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

man thats great im looking in to doing the same thing i have a big shed out back witha loft. i have to sell somthings then im going to dive in to my first resto project . i have the wife green light too!! anyone want buy a 1984 hurst/olds?
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Sweet! My wife has been wanting to replace the old, falling apart shed. I could get one like yours. Unfortunately, she wants to store stuff in it. :(
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

Howardr wrote: Unfortunately, she wants to store stuff in it. :(
Scooters are "stuff"......