ride to work day

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

iwabj

ride to work day

Post by iwabj »

00ps
Last edited by iwabj on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I thought that was today. Or yesterday... or the day before.... :lol:

Actually, this is a good cause. I like how they set it up for a Monday to trick weekenders into getting in the mindset to keep riding all week. The more the Cagers notice us, the more used to us they get. It's a very good cause.

I'll be on two wheels come Monday, and I'll practice the two days before, just so I don't get rusty from today and the previous week, etc., hehehe.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Beamster

Post by Beamster »

And if you work at home?
Ride from work?
easy

Post by easy »

im a trucker i live in my ride/work.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Lostmycage wrote:I'll be on two wheels come Monday, and I'll practice the two days before, just so I don't get rusty from today and the previous week, etc., hehehe.
I practiced over the weekend by riding to the Indiana border and back (about 230 miles, over two days).
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

TVB wrote:
Lostmycage wrote:I'll be on two wheels come Monday, and I'll practice the two days before, just so I don't get rusty from today and the previous week, etc., hehehe.
I practiced over the weekend by riding to the Indiana border and back (about 230 miles, over two days).
where did you stay? did you take blue star? or what is it called up by Holland ? i know it turns into red arrow and then 12 but I forget the name of it up north?

I have 2-marra off, but I ride to work every other day? Does workin on taking a nice long relaxing ride count?
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
TVB

Post by TVB »

Wheelz wrote:
TVB wrote:I practiced over the weekend by riding to the Indiana border and back (about 230 miles, over two days).
where did you stay? did you take blue star? or what is it called up by Holland ? i know it turns into red arrow and then 12 but I forget the name of it up north?
To get from Grand Rapids to Indiana (avoiding the interstate), about all you need are three roads: Chicago Drive, the Blue Star Highway, and the Red Arrow Highway. I love those old highway names... so much more interesting and evocative than "I-196".
eyesopened

ride to work day

Post by eyesopened »

I'll be riding the 15th to work. just happy to have a job, ( my son needs my car also). eyesopened
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

interesting. It never occured to me that people would not ride to work EVERY day it was possible. :lol:
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

NOT COOL. I work at a home studio. :cry: Guess I'll have to find some errand I'll just have to run. :lol:

Still too nervous to transport some of my larger pieces on the scooter to the photo lab at school. It would break my heart if I ended up losing some of the stuff I really need to photograph: too much time and work invested in this one lidded jar, and it's a bit bulky (8"x8"x9" porcelain w/ 24 hours logged carving time...couple months' design work). :shock:
Might run a load of carved tiles out for a photo shoot, though! Hmm...I think I know what I'm doing tomorrow! :twisted:
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

I'll ride to work tomorrow. And all the rest of the week :D
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

TVB wrote:
Dude!
so tough, so pink
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

peabody99 wrote:interesting. It never occured to me that people would not ride to work EVERY day it was possible. :lol:
Seriously. Though since we've got a whole lot of scooter riders at my office who all ride to work normally, we're going to team up and ride to work TOGETHER to mark ride to work day.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Kaos wrote:
peabody99 wrote:interesting. It never occured to me that people would not ride to work EVERY day it was possible. :lol:
Seriously. Though since we've got a whole lot of scooter riders at my office who all ride to work normally, we're going to team up and ride to work TOGETHER to mark ride to work day.
I'd say that's worth a picture when you reach the office. :)
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Cheshire wrote:
Kaos wrote:
I'd say that's worth a picture when you reach the office. :)
Heh, will do. We usually have on any given day, 2 Buddies, 1 Bajaj Chetak, a LX150, a Honda Shadow, A Harley, 2 BMW's, and a crazy looking Yamamha that can't figure out if its a cruiser or a streetbike.
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

Mission accomplished, I've successfully done the first half of my first "Ride To Work Day." :helmet:
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
bunny

Post by bunny »

Same here. Got to work and parked the scooter in the front parking spot next to the door! I haven't hit up my fellow riders in the building to see if they remembered...

I've been toying with the idea of organizing lunch hour rides for all the Airport employees who ride.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Well, I'm a NO-GO at this station. Didn't go to work today. Figured throwing up in my helmet would be bad form. On the other hand, throwing up in my truck would be a problem as well.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:Well, I'm a NO-GO at this station. Didn't go to work today. Figured throwing up in my helmet would be bad form. On the other hand, throwing up in my truck would be a problem as well.

ECS
If you get a modular helmet you can throw-up in other people's trucks. Regardless, feel better soon.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Well, I'm a NO-GO at this station.

Drop and give me 20!!!!
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
msdallas2008

Post by msdallas2008 »

Rode in today - but then if it's nice out & no chance of rain, I'll ride any day I can. Our Harley rider drove his car today. I'll have to give him some grief.
ageekgirl

Post by ageekgirl »

I rode today. The weather was clear this morning, but there's a 50-50 chance of rain and thunder bumpers this afternoon. Just another sunny summer afternoon in Alabama, I guess. I do have my rain gear with me, so if it does rain I can deal with it.
jetboy

Post by jetboy »

Rode in today. Sunny this morning, but I'm going to have to deal with rain/thunderstorms on the way home. Went and got some waterproof overgloves at lunch for the ride home. These will complete my weatherproofing. At least I'll get some excitement out of seeing how they work!
"All these things - like telly witch-doctors, and advertising pimps, and show business pop song pirates - they despise us - dig? - they sell us cut-price sequins when we think we're getting diamonds."
bunny

Post by bunny »

Most of the bikers here caged it today, too...what's up with that?
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

Beautiful here in West Michigan................80 and sunny. Of course I rode to work! And I plan to ride home, too.
so tough, so pink
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Rode today, as I do most days, as well as a few of my co-workers. We're growing the number of buddies slowly. There's usually a couple more motorcycles.
Attachments
IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0294.jpg (52.6 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

TVB

Post by TVB »

Both Buddyists at my workplace rode ours today... which we would've done anyway.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Rode in today for midshift, and now it's POURING. :cry: I am *so glad* I decided on the Buddy & not the Stella!
ModBud #442
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Rode in early. It was cloudy...didn't have split lanes like normal...now it's sunny and pretty warm for my ride home.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
bluefox

Post by bluefox »

I work from home, but I drove it around the block.
ImageImage
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Didn't ride to work today cause I had the day off, so I decided to do a 130 mile ride insted. 15 miles into the middle of the everglades...two dear 1 fox 1 eagle, 2 hawks, 1 owl, 10 alligators, 50 buhzillion little lizards and giant thumper grasshoppers. I don't know if you guys know it or not but Florida has alot of bugs. I can't imagine not having a jacket on, if those things all pegged my t-shirt covered skin, it feel like paintball! :lol:
Good ride though and the rat held up just fine...so I didn't ride to work but I worked on riding fo sho. :D
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
donkin

Post by donkin »

chloefpuff wrote:Beautiful here in West Michigan................80 and sunny. Of course I rode to work!
+1

Same in Fort Wayne. Had a great ride to (and from) work today

- Don
Member 2166
rajron

Post by rajron »

Didn’t have to work today – but rode my scooter, running around doing a lot of errands – on purpose avoided traveling anywhere near work. But, if I had to have worked, for sure I would have scooted.
Weather was great, 85 - 90°F – its going to be a nice warm night @ 19:00 its still 82.
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

Missed it today. Stuck in the ICU after a pretty good heart attack yesterday. May not be riding for a while.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

ScooterDave wrote:Missed it today. Stuck in the ICU after a pretty good heart attack yesterday. May not be riding for a while.
:shock: :shock:

Wow, sorry to hear that Dave. Hope you recover quick!
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Dammit, Dave!

Get better and scoot soon.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

ScooterDave wrote:Missed it today. Stuck in the ICU after a pretty good heart attack yesterday. May not be riding for a while.
From time to time I've thought you could perhaps benefit from chilling a wee bit, but damn ScooterDave! This is awful news! No laughing matter. I hope you are in good hands and getting all the care and attention you need. My wishes for a full and speedy recovery to you.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

yay for me riding to work today! and school! :)
Taz

Post by Taz »

Dave - get well soon! Our prayers are with you!

In general, I saw less scooters and motorcycles today than normal. It will likely be our only good day to ride this week. What the heck? I don't understand why more folks didn't ride today...
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Taz wrote:Dave - get well soon! Our prayers are with you!

In general, I saw less scooters and motorcycles today than normal. It will likely be our only good day to ride this week. What the heck? I don't understand why more folks didn't ride today...
Same here, I've seen very few 2-wheels on the road today. What gives :?:
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

I rode! Not that I need an excuse, but it was actually all work-related miles today! (Wow...no detours to prolong the ride...that's gotta be a first!)
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Taz wrote:Dave - get well soon! Our prayers are with you!

Yeah, I noticed this as well. There were only 3 of the MANY scooters and MC's we usually have at work today...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I work at home but rode out to my mechanic's garage for some new tires, belt and valve check.

Didn't see many bikes out on the rode… Well, not more than usual.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
zemacar

Post by zemacar »

I currently am unemployed (darn - in the summer!), but I was out and about on the scooter today, just fartin' around, enjoying the scenery, and later getting groceries (put a 6-pack of wine on the front rack). So, the work that I had, I scootered to.
Look, honey, it matches the dishes.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I was working from home yesterday, but I rode to the fitness center... so it was kind of "ride to work out". I rode to work today, like most every day I have to go to the office.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

holy smoke. take it easy and get better soon