2010 Honda Elite M.S.R.P....WTH?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

fiddlefan

2010 Honda Elite M.S.R.P....WTH?

Post by fiddlefan »

Maybe someone has already brought this up, but just in case not, I noticed while on www.powersports.honda.com today that the M.S.R.P. for the forthcoming 2010 Elite is set at $2,999.00. I was just wondering what all you scooter enthusiasts thought of that pricing move by Honda for a 108cc scoot. Personally, I don't get it. I want to see Honda do well in the U.S. scooter market, but once again, the investment seems a little steep, especially for a 108cc scoot. What are your thoughts?
Last edited by fiddlefan on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Well, considering it's a Honda, it's gonna be high, but probably worth it. I wonder how fast they will be in real life.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I don't think its really that bad. The Zuma 125 is set at $2,999 and the Rattler buck ten is $2699 (I think) so this is actually a fairly reasonable price for a Honda. As far as top speed this site says that the Honda lead ie elite in the u.s. has a top speed of 50mph which sounds reasonable for its size.

http://www.whatscooter.com/browse1.asp? ... &scootcat=

What I don't understand is why the sh150 is set at $4500. Somewhere between $3499 to $3999 would be alot more reasonable.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Drew

Post by Drew »

I think the link should be http://powersports.honda.com .

Honda definitely has a reputation for quality and dependability, but I think the premium they are charging on their scooters is more than I would be willing to pay. The amount for the sh150 is unreasonable unless they deliberately want to limit sales. There are a lot of reliable scooters like the Buddy that are a better value for the money. Paying more for a Honda may be reasonable, but for me, not that much more.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Drew wrote:I think the link should be http://powersports.honda.com ...
Yes, you're right. The other url is a domain squatters ad-links page...

Anyways, $2999 is pretty pricey for 110cc's IMO...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
jasondavis48108

I think of the additional $300.00 (over the price of a rattler) as a reliability insurance policy. It isn't really that unreasonable, but I'm a huge Honda fan. I like Hondas cause the dealer network is huge, they have crazy amounts of aftermarket support, and they don't die. Oh and judging from Craigslist, they have a high resale value. Don't get me wrong, I love my Genuine Buddy, and if they are around in another 30 years and thier scooters prove to be as reliable as we all hope they are, then they'll probably cost as much as a Honda. I think of Hondas as the Vespa of the "I want a really reliable form of transportation" set. I'd over pay for a Honda well before I'd over pay for a Vespa. Just my 2 cents.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
fiddlefan

Post by fiddlefan »

Sorry, all...I corrected the url...my bad!

C'mon now, OVER 3K out the door for 108 cc's. Are you freakin' kidding me?
If that is not a sales deterrent, I don't know what is.

My friend at the Honda store told me they FINALLY sold an SH150i last weekend...a repeat customer traded in his Metropolitan. Now that's an upgrade, right!
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.
laxer

Post by laxer »

fiddlefan wrote:Sorry, all...I corrected the url...my bad!

My friend at the Honda store told me they FINALLY sold an SH150i last weekend...a repeat customer traded in his Metropolitan. Now that's an upgrade, right!
Umm...Genuine has the same thing. Not all of us can ride Lances, err...SYM Fiddles.
fiddlefan

Post by fiddlefan »

laxer wrote:

Umm...Genuine has the same thing. Not all of us can ride Lances, err...SYM Fiddles.
What do you mean Genuine has the same thing? The Rattler 110 has an MSRP of 2,699.00, right?...300.00 less than the Honda Elite 110 (108cc). If the Honda were priced at 2,699.00, that would be something more reasonable altogether and easier to justify.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

The Rattler is a 2 stroke... different animal.
EZPZ #65
jasondavis48108

fiddlefan wrote:
laxer wrote:

What do you mean Genuine has the same thing? The Rattler 110 has an MSRP of 2,699.00, right?...300.00 less than the Honda Elite 110 (108cc). If the Honda were priced at 2,699.00, that would be something more reasonable altogether and easier to justify.
First off the rattler is a 2 stroke (still over $3,000 out the door) and the elite is a 4 stroke so they're hard to compare but you expect a 4 stroke to be a bit more. Second, and most importantly your talking about $300.00 over the life of the vehicle which is a very small amount of money to pay for Honda quality. I would rather pay $2,999 for a scooter that I can sell in another 20 years because its still running well and I got bored of it then pay slightly (10%) less for a scooter that has undetermined reliability.
Lookin' To Scoot

Post by Lookin' To Scoot »

If you haven't driven a Honda car or ridden a Honda motorcycle, it's impossible to comprehend the incredible quality built into their products. My son has a 2007 Civic Si that has a redline of over 8,000 rpms, and even bouncing off the rev limiter, the engine and car are both unbelievably smooth. That engine at 7000-8000 rpm is better balanced and certainly more soothing to listen to than most cars are at 4000 rpm.

Considering that it's in the same neighborhood pricewise, I don't know if I would have bought one, but if the 108cc Elite had been available when we got the Buddy, I certainly would have given it very serious consideration.

Pure and simple, Honda sells quality and reliability. Their products are all near the top in resale value. I think for a lot of people, that is a nearly unbeatable combination, which is why I think the Elite is probably pretty fairly priced.
Clevester

Post by Clevester »

Disagree. Honda has never, repeat never, one more time, never put a premium on any of thier products over a perception of better quality. They just don't do that.

This pricing scheme is one thing: a huge mistake.

Anyone here think Yamaha quality sucks? Of course not. It is as good as Honda on every level.

What makes this better then the $2,899 125 Vino? or the $2,999 125 Zuma? Nothing.
Better then the $2,999 125 Buddy with the 2 year warranty? Nothing.
A cool red color maybe? (I really like that color, Honda has the best colors).
That's it.

Honda missed out on the Scooter party last year by discontinuing a few good scoots one year early. And now they want back in. Not the way to do it Honda.

People who buy scoots compare the hell out of them before they buy. Moreso then car buyers I believe. On paper this Honda gets beat every which way by Yamaha and Genuine. I think the only reason these might sell is because there is no Yamaha or Genuine dealer anywhere near the buyer and this is all they can test drive.

Don't expect to see much of these on the roads...

(Keep in mind... A HUGE Honda scooter fan just typed this... currently a disappointed fan....)
laxer

Post by laxer »

Disagree, Honda has built a massive reputation for longevity in every vehicle in every market in which they are involved. What makes it better than a Yamaha or a Genuine? It's a Honda. Their SH150 has an MSRP of $4,499 which is much steeper than that of the Buddy int'l ($3,199) or even the Blackjack ($3,499). Companies price their products according to reputation all the time, why do you think a Honda or Toyota car costs more than an equally equipped Hyundai or GM vehicle? Though I'm not happy that they changed the awesome robot that was the Elite, I'll say that Honda knows a hell of a lot more about what they're doing than some random scooterist on an internet forum.
Lookin' To Scoot

Post by Lookin' To Scoot »

I believe the entire Acura line is premium priced based at least partly on the perception of better quality (as well as luxury). If I'm not mistaken, the name Acura was intended to convey accuracy. In fact, one of their early tag lines was "precision crafted quality".

But not being an insider, I have no idea if Honda includes perception of quality when they price their products. But this I do know, they are always at or near the top of the price structure for everything they sell. And they tend to sell everything they make.

As I stated earlier, if you have never driven or ridden a Honda, it's impossible to comprehend the quality. If you have, you totally understand.
laxer

Post by laxer »

Lookin' To Scoot wrote:I believe the entire Acura line is premium priced based at least partly on the perception of better quality (as well as luxury). If I'm not mistaken, the name Acura was intended to convey accuracy. In fact, one of their early tag lines was "precision crafted quality".

But not being an insider, I have no idea if Honda includes perception of quality when they price their products. But this I do know, they are always at or near the top of the price structure for everything they sell. And they tend to sell everything they make.

As I stated earlier, if you have never driven or ridden a Honda, it's impossible to comprehend the quality. If you have, you totally understand.
Exactly! Compare a Honda car, SUV, scooter, lawnmower, generator, motorcycle, etc. to the competition and it generally will have a higher MSRP and a great reputation for it's quality.
Prairiedale

Post by Prairiedale »

Clevester wrote:Anyone here think Yamaha quality sucks? Of course not. It is as good as Honda on every level.
I've owned Yamaha and Honda motorcycles, among others. While I wouldn't say Yamaha quality sucks, it frankly is not on par with Honda on any level.
beeporama

Post by beeporama »

I don't know how much an anecdotal story contributes, but: one of my nearby Honda dealers has the best service department, by far, that I've ever dealt with. Several other motorcyclists I know have confirmed that they are outstanding. I really, really wanted to give them my business when I was upgrading from my 50cc Honda Ruckus; but they just didn't have anything appealing to me. Had I been buying early 2010 instead of early 2009, I probably wouldn't have even researched other options; I would have marched right in and gotten the 2010 Elite.

It's sacrilege to say this on a Buddy-centric board, maybe, but if I could do an even trade of my BlackJack for the new Elite I would probably do so. I really, really liked that dealer's service department, and 99.9% of the time I'm taking <5 mile trips on 35mph roads.

Now maybe I'm a moron, but that's an example of the value of an established name like Honda, even Genuine offers better deals.
jasondavis48108

I say keep the Blackjack and buy an elite, you could do so under the selfless guise of testing wether the blackjack or the elite is more reliable and which one lasts longer :D
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

There are also a couple minor things on the Elite that aren't on the Ratler or a Buddy, things that often come up on this board. The closing glove box, and it looks like the passenger footrest fold out. I think it's small things like that that add to the 'value' of what you are getting.
MB #2349
Clevester

Post by Clevester »

laxer wrote:Disagree, Honda has built a massive reputation for longevity in every vehicle in every market in which they are involved. What makes it better than a Yamaha or a Genuine? It's a Honda.
Disagree. There is this huge Honda Quality perception gap.
"Just throw oil in it and it'll run forever..." Many folks finding that's really not the case. lol
Their SH150 has an MSRP of $4,499 which is much steeper than that of the Buddy int'l ($3,199) or even the Blackjack ($3,499).
The SH150 is FUEL INJECTED. It should be more expensive.
/edit/ Didn't realize the Zuma125 was fuel injected, too, although it's still only 125cc vs the Honda @ 153cc.
Companies price their products according to reputation all the time, why do you think a Honda or Toyota car costs more than an equally equipped Hyundai or GM vehicle?
Because... well don't get me started on Hyundai. Hyundai's are cheap and heavily subsidized by the Korean govt. You can't really bring them into this debate. And Hyundai quality is excellent, btw. So by your (collective your) reasoning they should be expensive?
GM cars are not really less expensive then Honda. And the ones that are cheaper are beause GM prices their cars cheaper to steal market share. Not because Honda prices higher simply because 'our stuff is better'.

Although..... the Metro is $300 more then Gen and Yamaha's 50cc. The Lil Ruck $400 more.

Either way, I see Honda losing market share with this pricing sheme....
laxer

Post by laxer »

Yes, the PERCEPTION of quality is what will sell to first-time buyers, who will never have had the experience of owning a Honda but have heard great things, that's what I meant by their reputation.

Also, you don't think that Honda realizes that their products are priced higher than most of their competitors? And yet, they still sell, why is that? Oh, because they have a reputation for building great products. They pay their workers less because they are not unionized, and yet still get to price their cars for more and still outsell the competition, how is that possible? Oh, because THEY HAVE A BETTER REPUTATION FOR BUILDING QUALITY PRODUCTS THAN THEIR COMPETITORS. Do you really think that Honda just came up with arbitrary prices to give their products without evaluating competition and market? Really?

Nice job on the EFI, by the way, but you only prove my point. With EFI, it is still priced at $1,000 more than Genuine's most tricked-out offering. The Elite has a four-stroke engine as compared to the Rattler two-stroke, and is only priced at $300 more. There are plenty of reasons for Honda to have the Elite priced at more than the Rattler (4-stroke engine, more features, Honda name), pick your favorite and run with it. If the Elite looked just like the rattler, I'd buy it instead in a heartbeat.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

laxer wrote: They pay their workers less because they are not unionized.
Less than who? We are talking scooters here.
(actually Japanese wages are fairly high and, for that matter, wages of US employees of Japanese auto assemby companies are pretty much comparable to US companies too if that is what you meant)

For all that, I agree with your main point. Honda produces quality products and deserves the reputation it has built.
laxer

Post by laxer »

Dooglas wrote:
laxer wrote: They pay their workers less because they are not unionized.
Less than who? We are talking scooters here.
(actually Japanese wages are fairly high and, for that matter, wages of US employees of Japanese auto assemby companies are pretty much comparable to US companies too if that is what you meant)

For all that, I agree with your main point. Honda produces quality products and deserves the reputation it has built.
I was talking cars (if you'll read the whole post) as an example. But, you got me, I don't know about the Honda plants in the US. I do know, however, that the American Toyota plants pay their workers less on average and they're pretty much in the same boat as Honda. And yes, that reputation of theirs allows them to price their products higher and people will still buy them (why else would a Lacoste polo cost so much more than one at Wal-mart?).
j490p

Post by j490p »

Here's the biggest problem I have down here. Reputable scooter mechanics. As of right now, we have ONE! This poor guy is known all over this area for his work on scooters, but, once again, HE IS THE ONLY ONE.

Scooter sales down here have dropped off considerably. The vespa dealer we have doesn't have the "best" reputation for service. Most of the people who own scooters here, no matter make or model, go to the mechanic I am talking about.

I was going to sell my buddy and go with another brand. I chose to keep the buddy. However, now that honda has come out with the new scooters, I am thinking about putting my buddy up for sale again.

The honda dealers have been in this area for years and their reputation for service is fantastic..

My biggest fear is that, due to the declining interest in scooters down here, the mechanic will close shop. Who will service my buddy? At least I know that the honda dealers will be here.

I had an elite 80 when I got into scooters. Great little scooter. As time went on, I got the buddy. Totally GREAT scooter. But, I need the comfort of having a mechanic available to service it. Soon, I believe, this area will lose its best and only reliable mechanic. Therefore, I feel that I will have to sell my buddy and go with the honda. Can't beat the quality and the availabilty of service.
Clevester

Post by Clevester »

I know a lot more about cars then scooters and it's a simple fact that HONDA'S ARE NOT PRICED HIGHER THEN COMPARABLE CARS.
(And Hyundai does not count).

The 140HP Honda Civic competes directly with the 155HP Chevy Cobalt.
Civic with Auto transmission: $17,015
Cobalt with Auto Transmission: $17,305
No extra options.

Quick Froogle search
Honda Snowblower: $549
MTD Snowblower: $599

I say it's only the scoots that are priced out so funky... and I still don't know why. I still don't think Honda 'outprices' the competition because of a perception (true or not) about quality. That's just bad business.

You price your product on what the market will bear and on the competition.
Not because everyone just thinks you are better. Well, maybe Mercedes does that. ;)

Good debate. This is fun! :D

I'm still mad at Honda for killing the Big Ruckus. My fave scoot of all time....
laxer

Post by laxer »

Wait, why doesn't Hyundai count? Is it because their quality of product is perceived to be lower than other brands like Honda, Toyota, and GM? What about Kia? Or Daewoo? Hmm...interesting...

Oh wait, both the Honda Metro and Yamaha Vino cost more than the Buddy 50, Both the Ruckus and Zuma cost more than the Roughhouse! Oh my goodness, stop the presses! Could it be that they're from bigger name companies with bigger and better reputations than Genuine and so people will still buy their products at higher prices? Nah, couldn't be...they just need a new consultant who really knows a lot about scooters and marketing, like Clevester, oh wait...
jasondavis48108

I was just at my local moto shop and I saw the new Honda sh150. OMG its so much more beautiful in person, with a seat more than capable of carrying me and my kid comfortably. It may be overpriced but if I'm not wowed by what genuine puts out next year I'm getting one of those scoots!
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

Honda puts out a classy product that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase. I haven. I have looked at the 2010 SH150i and I feel it is worth the $4500. Fuel injected, liquid cooled with a fan blowing across the radiator, full instument cluster, fold down passenger foot rests, a gread comfortable seat, a built in windscreen, a rear rack designed to accomidate some sort of removable-lockable top case... but the top case isn't available yet. That was the deal breaker for me. I have to have a lockable top case to comute to my office. I currently drive an Accord EX, and my wife drives an Acura TL. I believe Honda knows how to put out a quality product at a fair price and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase any of their products.
j490p

Post by j490p »

is it possible that the sch 150 will be "much more of the same" like the elite 80? what i mean is that performance mods were NOT available for the elite 80. the elite 80 was around for years and years, yet, no performance parts or any type of mods were available. also, there was really no accessories for the thing. if i remember correctly, in the first few years of the elite 80, there were some, but, not much.

yes, honda puts out a great product. but let's face it, honda wants to sell MOTORCYCLES. i know i am not the only one.....how many times have you walked into a honda shop with a particular bike in mind, but, the dealer insists that the particular bike you want is "not right for you"?

honda puts a lot into particular models. for example, the honda rebel is a great little bike (i had one and loved it. i had to sell. long story). but honda does NOT have that many accessories for that particular bike. once you step up to the bigger cc's, the accessory line grows. if you own a rebel, you have to look on-line for people who put out rebel products. trust me, i know. the rebel is another product that has been around for years and years, but, once again, honda seems to just forget about it.

$4500.00 price tag for the sch 150. no accessories as of right now. no performance parts available as of right now. if honda sticks to its M.O., i doubt any of these thigns will be available for it.
Clevester

Post by Clevester »

laxer wrote:Wait, why doesn't Hyundai count? Is it because their quality of product is perceived to be lower than other brands like Honda, Toyota, and GM? What about Kia? Or Daewoo? Hmm...interesting...
Absolutely not. In fact if you really follow the car industry, most would agree Hyundai quality is very good. Hyundai doesn't count (imo) because South Korea heavily subsidizes the automaker. It's hard for anyone to compete with them.
Oh wait, both the Honda Metro and Yamaha Vino cost more than the Buddy 50, Both the Ruckus and Zuma cost more than the Roughhouse! Oh my goodness, stop the presses! Could it be that they're from bigger name companies with bigger and better reputations than Genuine and so people will still buy their products at higher prices? Nah, couldn't be...they just need a new consultant who really knows a lot about scooters and marketing, like Clevester, oh wait...
Um.... could it have more to do with the fact that Genuine is trying to compete with the big boys so it has a lower price point to try and steal market share from the well known established players in the industry? Far more likely then your scenario.
If Genuine suddenly had a 40% market share I guarantee you both Honda and Yamaha would drop their prices.
Don't be offended there, Laxer, just trying to have an adult debate here.

Dean F's post makes good sense. If the Honda product has more standard features, and better technology THAT is a good reason for a higher price point.

When I was shopping I was between a Buddy and a Vino. They were the same price. I would have chosen the Buddy if it was a few dollars more because it had many more factory accessories (the Vino had ONE) and a 1 yr longer warranty.
rajron

Post by rajron »

All the Honda scooters are listed as liquid cooled – that’s plus
Cincycaddy

Post by Cincycaddy »

The Honda SH150i is a very nice scoot. Had a chance to ride on one (as a passenger) in Saigon, Vietnam back in 2007. Great scoot..and from what i remember it was about $7,000 USD in Vietnam. IIRC these are manufactured in Italy...which may be part of the reason why the cost is as high as it is given exchange rates.

Chris.
SCOOT3R

Post by SCOOT3R »

I admit you that The 2010 Honda elite is a very improvment scoot and looking so good. I dont mind to buy that modern scoot. :D
jasondavis48108

What Honda needs to do is listen to what thier fans want, the Ruckus 150! Do you know how many folks would over pay for that one! at least one :lol: Hell I'm thinking about over paying for a used Big Ruckus since honda stopped producing it and I threrefore do not have the option of over paying for a new one :wink:
beeporama

Post by beeporama »

jasondavis48108 wrote:What Honda needs to do is listen to what thier fans want, the Ruckus 150! Do you know how many folks would over pay for that one! at least one :lol: Hell I'm thinking about over paying for a used Big Ruckus since honda stopped producing it and I threrefore do not have the option of over paying for a new one :wink:
I had totally planned to buy a Big Ruckus when I upgraded from my Ruckus 50cc, but yeah... I didn't take the plunge until this year, and now they're discontinued.

Man, I'm sounding like a shitty Genuine owner in this thread. Maybe I should go make an account at www.modernwannabehondabuyer.com or something.

But I guess it proves the point that Honda is their own worst enemy, actively driving away customers with their negligence to the U.S. midrange market.
jasondavis48108

yeah, but if Honda wasn't so shity to thier U.S. market I never would have found my awesome scoot from Genuine. So I guess it all worked out for the best, although they can start producing 150 and 250cc Ruckus models anytime they want, I promise to buy one, heck, maybe one of each :D I don't think it makes us any less enthusiastic Genuine owners to want a bit of variety :wink:
Clevester

Post by Clevester »

I'd buy a Big Ruckus tomorrow if they were still on the market.
laxer

Post by laxer »

Talking to you is pointless, it's hard to have an adult conversation with someone who lacks adult-level reading comprehension. Enjoy living in your fantasy world.
Kurt
Dealer

Post by Kurt »

jasondavis48108 wrote:What Honda needs to do is listen to what thier fans want, the Ruckus 150!
We have a couple guys in our scooter club who have installed 150cc engines in their Ruckuses (Rucki?) They look truly unique - very low to the ground, with the rear wheel BEHIND the seat instead of underneath. They have oversized (140/90-10) tires (on 160mm wheels) on the rear, too.

We're trying a NCY shock from a Black Jack on one of them. Hopefully it will fit, and will raise the seat up a bit.

Very cool, and also rather insane!
<a href="http://urbanvillagescooters.com">Urban Village Scooters</a>
700 South Clinton Ave.
Rochester, NY 14620
585-643-5540
laxer

Post by laxer »

Kurt wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:What Honda needs to do is listen to what thier fans want, the Ruckus 150!
We have a couple guys in our scooter club who have installed 150cc engines in their Ruckuses (Rucki?) They look truly unique - very low to the ground, with the rear wheel BEHIND the seat instead of underneath. They have oversized (140/90-10) tires (on 160mm wheels) on the rear, too.

We're trying a NCY shock from a Black Jack on one of them. Hopefully it will fit, and will raise the seat up a bit.

Very cool, and also rather insane!
You got it right, ruckuses, because ruckus doesn't come from a Latin root.
jasondavis48108

yeah, I've heard that there are kits you can buy to convert the Ruckus to a 150. If I could pick up a used one at an awesome price it may be worth it.
louie

Post by louie »

Clevester wrote:I'd buy a Big Ruckus tomorrow if they were still on the market.
buy used. they come up for sale fairly often but you may have to travel to get one. my mate got one from houston last year at a decent price, we're in bham and he visited his mom in houston on the trip.

while he was looking there were even still a handful on the showroom floors.
SCOOT3R

Post by SCOOT3R »

Have you notice that wheel is big in front than rear? It look like 12inch wheel in front and 10inch wheel in rear, arent they?.
Clevester

Post by Clevester »

louie wrote:
Clevester wrote:I'd buy a Big Ruckus tomorrow if they were still on the market.
buy used. they come up for sale fairly often but you may have to travel to get one.
Have been looking for a LONG time. I have only seen one in 9 months and it was gone in 2 days.

Anyone know if there is a way to do a larger search on Craigslist then just your local area? I can't figure that out....
oryx

Post by oryx »

Clevester wrote:Anyone know if there is a way to do a larger search on Craigslist then just your local area? I can't figure that out....
i use searchallcraigs.com - it breaks down by US regions.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Clevester wrote:...Anyone know if there is a way to do a larger search on Craigslist then just your local area? I can't figure that out....
I would do a Google search like this:
site:craigslist.org "big ruckus"

The Big Ruckus is awesome. I would be all over one if they weren't so damned expensive. The ADV guys have 'em and treat them like their "little scooters". It's cute in a way.

I will never understand why Honda treats the US market like it does. I was just talking to a guy last week about the new Suzuki TU250 and how, if Honda made a retro little bike, I would be lining up to pay real money for it, and I hardly ever buy a bike new (or anything else for that matter). I know I'm not the only one who longs for a modern CB350. You do meet the nicest people on a Honda.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

SCOOT3R wrote:Have you notice that wheel is big in front than rear? It look like 12inch wheel in front and 10inch wheel in rear, arent they?.
Honda Helix is the same way. 12" front, 10" rear... not sure why.
Clevester

Post by Clevester »

oryx wrote:
Clevester wrote:Anyone know if there is a way to do a larger search on Craigslist then just your local area? I can't figure that out....
i use searchallcraigs.com - it breaks down by US regions.
That is a thing of beauty. I almost got a tear in my eye.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Have you all noticed the Honda Elite 110 is suddenly getting a lot of coverage all over the motorcycle press? Here is a review from Motorcycle Daily. There was another online review this week for which I've lost the link info. From what I read, Honda dealers are ordering the Elite 110 and not the SH150, which they think won't sell because it's too expensive. I'm guessing that Honda dealers are positioning themselves to have a reasonable scooter to sell in the event of yet another gas price spike next summer, so they won't end up hawking dubious no-name Chinese-made scooters like they did in the summer of 2008.

Oh, yeah, the Motorcycle Daily review clearly says that the Elite 110 is made in China. From their article: "Even though this bike is made in the Honda plant in Guanzou, China, it feels like every other Honda I've ridden: sorted, solid, well made." (Of course, now every Chinese scooter vendor will claim their scooter is just as good, made in the same factory, and so on. Get ready for it...)