I want to tell you somthing important!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SCOOT3R

I want to tell you somthing important!

Post by SCOOT3R »

I read the Genuine Scooter's catalog. there is something in pictures caught my eyes.

I realize that GS's catalog is the true deceptive! i dont think so catalog printed that make mistakes.

promoted scooter in book's picture said 125cc.. what the bs! they rode the scooter in the picture which is actual 50cc!

advertise scooter printed in the picture said 150cc.. oh, not again, what heck they think? they try to make people attract the beautiful lady with smile while she rode the italia scooter? Ooop!, it was actual 50cc!

You know this is truth I bring out what you can't defeence. but GS or you wanted me or people believe the good liar advertise catalog.. they arent legit!
Last edited by SCOOT3R on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rvajma

Post by rvajma »

Am I the only one who is done with this guy? He seems to very anti-buddy and his incoherent ramblings are just plain bothersome.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Well, that's it. They lied to us all.

Off to throw my Buddy in a lake. Can't live with myself if I continue to support a company that makes such bogus claims in their product literature.

The shame.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

someone ban this a-hole already
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

I really try to read through the language barrier and I'm not sure if he's anti-Buddy or just not that good at using the right words to properly express his intended meaning.

On the surface, this seems kind of anti-Buddy, but I wonder if it's the same as how we used to take jabs at the engrish in the owner's manual.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Orange Guy wrote:I really try to read through the language barrier and I'm not sure if he's anti-Buddy or just not that good at using the right words to properly express his intended meaning.

On the surface, this seems kind of anti-Buddy, but I wonder if it's the same as how we used to take jabs at the engrish in the owner's manual.
No, he seems to always be looking for a reason to knock the Buddy. I don't even see anything in this post that would point out that bike is a 50... Or why it matters.

Also, I'll point out the second picture is an International, these Ads are from '08 if I remember correctly, and there was no 'Little International' line in '08...
laxer

Post by laxer »

Me no like buddy cuse it make me g'frend mad at me n we go long time no talky, now I is mad at buddy n genuan!
SCOOT3R

Post by SCOOT3R »

Kaos wrote:I'll point out the second picture is an International, these Ads are from '08 if I remember correctly, and there was no 'Little International' line in '08...
really? Okay. Perhap GS took a picture of a little int'l scooter demo in 08 before released int'l 50cc for public in 09.. who knows.. anyway, look at those scooters in picture show that rims, air cleaner and cylinder are obviously actual 50cc. cylinder is 2t 50cc engine, thats easy tell you.
Last edited by SCOOT3R on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scutellosaurus

Post by Scutellosaurus »

Seriously. Stop feeding the trolls. PLEASE, for the love of all that is good and holy, ban this guy.
Looks good on you, though.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

SCOOT3R wrote:
Kaos wrote:I'll point out the second picture is an International, these Ads are from '08 if I remember correctly, and there was no 'Little International' line in '08...
really? Okay. Perhap GS took a picture of a little int'l scooter demo in 08 before released int'l 50cc for public in 09.. who knows.. anyway, look at those scooters in picture show that rims, air cleaner and cylinder are obviously actual 50cc. cylinder is 2t 50cc engine, thats easy tell you.
Realy? Why it matter for you?
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
TVB

Re: I want to tell you somthing important!

Post by TVB »

SCOOT3R wrote:You know this is truth I bring out what you can't defeence. but GS or you wanted me or people believe the good liar advertise catalog.. they arent legit!
Dude, if you want people to take you seriously, find something real to worry about.
Last edited by TVB on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clevester

Post by Clevester »

Kaos wrote:
I don't even see anything in this post that would point out that bike is a 50... Or why it matters.
Quoted for truth.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Okay, since no one else will tell you, I will.

BUDDY SCOOTERS COME IN 3 SIZES: 50cc, 125cc, and 150cc

ALL BUDDY SCOOTERS LOOK THE SAME REGARDLESS OF ENGINE SIZE.

make sense now?
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Clevester wrote:
Kaos wrote:
I don't even see anything in this post that would point out that bike is a 50... Or why it matters.
Quoted for truth.
The rims are the ones they put on the 50's. As far as the cylinder goes, my xray vision is on the fritz right now so I can't tell. :P The red one sure looks like it says 125 on it though.
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Kaos wrote:
Orange Guy wrote:I really try to read through the language barrier and I'm not sure if he's anti-Buddy or just not that good at using the right words to properly express his intended meaning.

No, he seems to always be looking for a reason to knock the Buddy. I don't even see anything in this post that would point out that bike is a 50... Or why it matters.

Also, I'll point out the second picture is an International, these Ads are from '08 if I remember correctly, and there was no 'Little International' line in '08...
The lil Italia came out in 08 (thats my baby). The other lil ints didn't come out until 09.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

I think SCOOT3R is onto to something... if you look at the picture I posted there is no way in hell that a paperclip can hang onto the building that way... by the way can you see the wrinkles in the building and glass??? The building is also fake... which means the catalog must be a lie... and that means the note for bagels, coffee, napkins, half & half & sugar must also then be a lie... who in there right mind puts half & half in their coffee?? Other than my wife I mean...
Attachments
img8642xc1.jpg
img8642xc1.jpg (108.58 KiB) Viewed 3927 times
Last edited by iMoses on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

jasondavis48108 wrote:
Kaos wrote:

The lil Italia came out in 08 (thats my baby). The other lil ints didn't come out until 09.
Ahh, interesting. Learn something new all the time :)
Clevester

Post by Clevester »

OMG :shock: You are dead on there iMoses!!!

I am SO done!

*FOR SALE 2008 RED GENUINE BUDDY WITH 3,600 MILES*
Make offer!
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Damn iMoses, that is some serious detective work! Although we do have a few wrinkled buildings here in Cleveland :P .
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

And something else that's deceptive in their marketing ... my exhaust has yet to spew out sketchy swirls and pixie stars. WTF?

Orange Guy, Inc.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

This does appear to be a two stroke scooter...please note that the two stroke smoke has been drawn in ink as an attempt to deceive.

Only three sizes all the same body??? Krusty just what have you been smoking!

Please note that the squirrel is also riding a Buddy...this is obviously a "secret" model that Genuine is hiding from us. To me it looks again like a 2 stroke and about 0.257 cc. That squirrel is flying!

Well...not like Rocky

Last edited by BuddyRaton on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Orange Guy wrote:Image

And something else that's deceptive in their marketing ... my exhaust has yet to spew out sketchy swirls and pixie stars. WTF?
Don't know what you're talking about. Mine has been spewing swirls and pixie stars for a while now.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

You must be using special Voodoo gas... can I have some?
digital-entropy

Post by digital-entropy »

SCOOT3R wrote: Image
advertise scooter printed in the picture said 150cc.. oh, not again, what heck they think? they try to make people attract the beautiful lady with smile while she rode the italia scooter? Ooop!, it was actual 50cc!
Yeah, Genuine is at it again. Look where she parked her scooter! Everyone knows if you actually did that it would get towed right away for parking on the sidewalk.

p.s. please just ban this guy, or take away his posting privileges or something. Every thread is knocking the Buddy. NOT COOL.
Last edited by digital-entropy on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I'm about to start spewing swirls and pixie stars... :roll:
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Big deal, they hired some riders, some photographers, mashed up some photos with pre written and pre drawn CG graphics. It's labeled as a 125 in the pictures, but who cares? Does the transmission cover, tubed rim, and smaller disc brake make the company any less reputable? Just because of a slight error?

Also Kaos, there was a Little italia in 08, then expanded to little internationals for all 3 models in 09.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Lostmycage wrote:I'm about to start spewing swirls and pixie stars... :roll:
:rofl:
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

KRUSTYburger wrote:You must be using special Voodoo gas... can I have some?
Sure, I'll email you some....
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Oh God I have something important to tell you all!

There's a invisible squirrel riding a mini buddy along side the couple in one of the photos. BIG ISNT IT?! :!:
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I'm thinking about sueing Genuine, the only reason I bought the Buddy was because it was the only scooter that came with a squirrel sidekick. They lied to me :cry:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

iMoses wrote:I think SCOOT3R is onto to something... if you look at the picture I posted there is no way in hell that a paperclip can hang onto the building that way... by the way can you see the wrinkles in the building and glass??? The building is also fake... which means the catalog must be a lie... and that means the note for bagels, coffee, napkins, half & half & sugar must also then be a lie... who in there right mind puts half & half in their coffee?? Other than my wife I mean...

After reading this I have decided to stop purchasing all of my bagels and napkins from Genuine. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. :lol: :lol:
Werd, Yo! I'm Rusty.
fretman

Post by fretman »

iMoses wrote:I think SCOOT3R is onto to something... if you look at the picture I posted there is no way in hell that a paperclip can hang onto the building that way... by the way can you see the wrinkles in the building and glass??? The building is also fake... which means the catalog must be a lie... and that means the note for bagels, coffee, napkins, half & half & sugar must also then be a lie... who in there right mind puts half & half in their coffee?? Other than my wife I mean...
You know scooter is scooter!
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

SCOOT3R wrote: .. oh, not again, what heck they think? they try to make people attract the beautiful lady with smile while she rode the italia scooter? Ooop!, it was actual 50cc!
I don't think so smile that attention mine got!

www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

BuddyRaton wrote:
SCOOT3R wrote: .. oh, not again, what heck they think? they try to make people attract the beautiful lady with smile while she rode the italia scooter? Ooop!, it was actual 50cc!

I wouldn't have noticed, I was more looking at the nicely tanned leg! :wink: :wink:
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

Squirrel Cream -- It keeps your legs silky smooth.
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

SCOOT3R wrote: Image
I guess now you're only allowed to buy flowers with your scoot. And since I'm a tough guy...I'm going to sell mine too!! :lol:
Vic

Post by Vic »

Perhaps the situation is that Scoot3r made a purchase of a 50cc scooter with the understanding that the scooter would meet his needs and the needs of his girlfriend. Unfortunately, that has proved to not be the case and the 50cc is not really what they needed, not fast enough or whatever.

I am not bashing 50cc scooters, I had the wonderful opportunity to ride a friends' Metropolitan (still restricted but well past the break in period) and it is a super little machine and a hell of a lot of fun to ride around. If I lived in the city, I can easily see getting a lot of use out of that little scoot. However, I do not live in the city and a 50cc would leave me frustrated and unhappy, it would not meet my needs.

It seems to me that Scoot3r got some bad advice or did not completely understand the advice that he got from his dealer, he may also have seen some folks talking about their 50cc scooters that go 50mph. I don't know where he lives, but in Ohio *I believe* you are not permitted to ride 2 up on a 50cc bike (could be wrong about that, so please let me know if that is not correct).

Adding to the frustration that he and his girlfriend is currently feeling, there is this picture that he believes shows a 50cc scooter with folks zooming along 2 up.

This has not been his experience with the scooter that he purchased, apparently with the belief that his girlfriend would be thrilled about. I can understand the frustration which I believe is what he is trying to express.

He clearly has a very limited experience with scooters and the language barrier makes it difficult to communicate needs and desires and what is appropriate to meet those needs. The language barrier also makes it difficult for native English users to understand what he is trying to express, and his methods of expressing it is grating on many nerves (including my own.)

Right now he is very likely feeling that this brochure is what he had pictured in his mind for him, his girlfriend, and their Buddy, but it is not the reality that he is experiencing. I think anyone would be frustrated about this kind of situation.

He is obsessing about it, but if I just dropped $2k on a gift for someone special and it was rejected because it is not what I pictured, I would be pretty peeved also, that's a lot of money, particularly in this economy.

I doubt that he also understands about the break in period and that their new scooter WILL get a bit better, it will get a tiny bit faster, and so on, but it is not going to zip along the byways of life 2 up at 50mph without some serious modifications and there goes the warranty.

bottom line, his girlfriend does not have the smile on her face that the model in the ad has, and he is mad.

I remember when my (now ex-) husband went out and bought me a very pretty diamond necklace and earring set. Unfortunately, it was in platinum, in his mind this was even superior to gold that I usually wear because it is more expensive. But, I don't wear white metals like platinum, I wear yellow gold, I also don't wear earrings very often at all (maybe once a year, and then only for a few hours because they bug me to death). His purchase did not meet my needs, because it did not meet my needs it ended up being a waste of money. It made him very angry that I did not like his gift that he worked hard to earn the money to buy, then went out and bought and gave to me, but then this gift just sat in my jewelery box.

It is a lovely set, but it simply did not meet my needs.

Scoot3r's gift to his girlfriend of a 50cc Buddy scooter is a lovely gift, but, sadly, it does not meet their needs.

I think a bit of frustration is warranted. I hope that he will consider that his posts are not being well received here and he will try to tone it down a bit and instead of making posts that are so negative, post questions so that he can learn what to do to make the best of the situation.

I would venture that a nearly new 50cc Buddy would be able to sell for very close to what he has invested, yes there will be a bit of a financial loss but consider that the price of a good lesson. Take that money and buy a used 125cc Buddy that will meet the needs and expectations of the girlfriend. Then, both Scoot3r and his girlfriend can ride along with big smiles on their happy faces and know that they have a good quality scooter that they can depend on.

-v
Vic

Post by Vic »

quoted:

Me no like buddy cuse it make me g'frend mad at me n we go long time no talky, now I is mad at buddy n genuan!

Is this really necessary? I see grammatical errors posted all of the time by native users of English, I have made several myself. Poking fun at someone for a less sophisticated use of the language is not very cool.

-v
laxer

Post by laxer »

Vic wrote:quoted:

Is this really necessary? I see grammatical errors posted all of the time by native users of English, I have made several myself. Poking fun at someone for a less sophisticated use of the language is not very cool.

-v
You know, you're probably just a better person than I am. I have given this guy the benefit of the doubt for some time now, and he keeps coming on a site for GENUINE owners and trying to call GENUINE crap. So, I'm actually trying to make fun of him for doing something that I see as bassackwards, but I suppose I've failed miserably :(
pinkfaith

Post by pinkfaith »

I think it's just that these are models and, for safety reasons, it is better to put them on a 50cc than a 150cc. That would be my guess. Look at what happened to Kimberly Stewart when she was put on a Harley to promote it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94mGl-aEK0E
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

It really boils down to Why Red is Red!
EZPZ #65
digital-entropy

Post by digital-entropy »

pinkfaith wrote:I think it's just that these are models and, for safety reasons, it is better to put them on a 50cc than a 150cc. That would be my guess. Look at what happened to Kimberly Stewart when she was put on a Harley to promote it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94mGl-aEK0E
Also it would appear that these models take the NOTGNOTT (none of the gear none of the time) approach. Sure, she looks pretty now, but just wait until she falls off!

Short skirt? check
No gloves? check
Heels? check

I think this is just another example of Genuine being dishonest! If you look close enough you will see that key isn't in the ignition which means that the blur effect must have been added via photoshop.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

pinkfaith wrote:I think it's just that these are models and, for safety reasons, it is better to put them on a 50cc than a 150cc. That would be my guess. Look at what happened to Kimberly Stewart when she was put on a Harley to promote it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94mGl-aEK0E
HAHAHA, Nice. This one is fun as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBXgZ9HW ... E2&index=2
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
NCY Front Forks
NCY Secondary Shieve
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Vic wrote:quoted:

-v

It is not only necessary it is required!
www.teamscootertrash.com

n2tattoos

Post by n2tattoos »

[/endthread]
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

nissanman wrote:It really boils down to Why Red is Red!
I was waiting for this to resurface. :rofl:
Werd, Yo! I'm Rusty.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

+1,000,000,000,000,000 Let's let this one die. Please, for the love of sanity.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Well said Grasshopper!
www.teamscootertrash.com

A_Hunter

Post by A_Hunter »

fretman

Post by fretman »

Scooter is scooter. Catalog is catalog. Paul is walrus.
You know scooter is scooter!