Ad with Buddy in Wall Street Journal

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mlstephens

Ad with Buddy in Wall Street Journal

Post by mlstephens »

Check out this KeyBank ad from yesterday's Wall Street Journal, with a Buddy featured prominently.
Attachments
Buddy-ad.jpg
Buddy-ad.jpg (210.81 KiB) Viewed 838 times
Kurzer

Post by Kurzer »

New full face helmet - $650
New armored jacket - $300
New gloves - $80
New Buddy 125 - $3200
New Buddy accessories - $350

Having it all paid by the Bimmer driver who was on the cell phone and didn't see you stop... Priceless
I don't do much modding on the scoot anymore, just riding :-)
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

Am I missing something?

I deserve a banker just as focused as the lady not paying enough attention and crossing the street against the light, shocking the people around her for her foolishness?

Or is it the scooterist we are supposed to admire for his focus? He isn't focused enough to wear gloves, jacket, or eye protection.

Cool to see a Buddy in an ad though.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

lobsterman wrote:Am I missing something?

I deserve a banker just as focused as the lady not paying enough attention and crossing the street against the light, shocking the people around her for her foolishness?

Or is it the scooterist we are supposed to admire for his focus? He isn't focused enough to wear gloves, jacket, or eye protection.

Cool to see a Buddy in an ad though.
He's not even focused enough to strap his helmet onto his melon... :lol: :roll: :wink:
Huh? What just happened?
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

I think we all can agree, that the best thing about this ad is the fact that they used a Buddy.

And they probably paid some ad agency a few grand to come up with this. :roll:
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

rickyd410 wrote:I think we all can agree, that the best thing about this ad is the fact that they used a Buddy.

And they probably paid some ad agency a few grand to come up with this. :roll:
It is an absolutely terrible ad, as the point they're trying to make is at best obtuse. Last thing I want is my banker paying more attention to the crackberry than what actually matters. But, it does have a Buddy in it. I wonder who came up with that part of the idea.