Stolen Scooter Retrieved (RVA)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mayra

Stolen Scooter Retrieved (RVA)

Post by mayra »

so, my scooter is back home with minimum damage. The thieves were unable to break into the ignition although they did break it to where i can't get the key in. They obviously didn't start it up because it still had the same mileage and was even still column locked.

they removed the front rack and my chelsea FC #1 fan stickers but hadn't painted it yet.

they are still working on the suspects because there were 12 teenagers/kids at the house and they all deny stealing my scooter and an additional pos scooter that was in the same shed.

in all, i lost the onguard chain lock, the scooter cover and my front rack. and i'll have to get the ignition fixed so i guess i'm blessed!

i don't really want to discuss too much of HOW we came about finding it so let's not discuss that hah. :)
jijifer

Re: Stolen Scooter Retrieved (RVA)

Post by jijifer »

mayra wrote:so, my scooter is back home with minimum damage. The thieves were unable to break into the ignition although they did break it to where i can't get the key in. They obviously didn't start it up because it still had the same mileage and was even still column locked.

they removed the front rack and my chelsea FC #1 fan stickers but hadn't painted it yet.

they are still working on the suspects because there were 12 teenagers/kids at the house and they all deny stealing my scooter and an additional pos scooter that was in the same shed.

in all, i lost the onguard chain lock, the scooter cover and my front rack. and i'll have to get the ignition fixed so i guess i'm blessed!

i don't really want to discuss too much of HOW we came about finding it so let's not discuss that hah. :)
GREAT NEWS! and smart ending.... kids are computer literate and will learn better how to get away with shit if they read how others were caught.

HURRAY!!!!!!!!
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

:clap:
Excellent news.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
narcoleptic

Post by narcoleptic »

Congrats! It's great to hear that there wasn't TOO much damage. Sorry if I freaked you out yesterday about the google hits.
mayra

Post by mayra »

narcoleptic wrote:Congrats! It's great to hear that there wasn't TOO much damage. Sorry if I freaked you out yesterday about the google hits.
no no no, that was totally helpful to me! thanks for that.
narcoleptic

Post by narcoleptic »

:D Glad to hear it!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Hooray! Well done. So glad you got it back. Hope those little f@#%er's get enough of what they deserve to straighten them up...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Latch

Post by Latch »

this is great news, glad another owner was able to retrieve whats rightfully theirs, especially glad they didnt do too much damage, I really hope at least one of them is charged with the theft, since its so close to where it was stolen from Im sure it was one of them that actually took it. the theft problem in Richmond is very bad, I only ever lock mine around the rear spring now.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Glad to hear you got it back in basically good condition!
Mayra FTW!
dmwarren

Post by dmwarren »

Well done. Good sleuthing getting it back.
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

mayra wrote:

That's great.

They'll never get them on the theft, the best you can hope for is possession of stolen property.

Curious to know if it was the same group from previous thread
mayra

Post by mayra »

Ray Knobs wrote:

That's great.

They'll never get them on the theft, the best you can hope for is possession of stolen property.

Curious to know if it was the same group from previous thread
yes, it was.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Yaaaaaaaah! So glad you got it back as I remember you saying it's your only form of transport. Although, Chelsea supporters do need to be taught a lesson every now and again (do I have a CRAZY Chelsea story!). :D

So glad there's not too much damage and hopefully it won't cost too much to repair. I hope the legal system will work.
holden

Post by holden »

Yeah! Does your insurance cover any of that?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Congrats! Glad you got it back.

Hope the thieves get what's coming to them.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Great news. Really happy to hear that you've recovered your scooter. I don't know how many knuckleheads were involved in this spate of thefts, but it's beginning to sound like they're going to need a larger prison to hold them all. :evil:
Last edited by jrsjr on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Latch

Post by Latch »

jrsjr wrote:Great news. Really happy to hear that you've recovered your scooter. I don't know how many knuckleheads were involved in this spate of thefts, but it's beginning to sound like they're going to need a larger prison to hold them all. :evil:
the guys involved in this theft had nothing to do with any of the other thefts(or so it seems to me) these were teenagers in Chesterfield, most of the thefts in Richmond have been within the city limits, mostly on Southside, by 18-25 year olds. And these kids were definetly rookie scooter thieves, they couldnt even get the Buddy stared when most other thieves know exactly what to do. I'm just so glad Mayra was able to find it befor they had time to do more damage. It seems like to me(speculating) that most thefts arent at all linked, but that there are just a lot of people in Richmond that steal. and they seem to see scooters as easy targets, maybe if more of them start getting caught, they will start to back off
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

:clap: Glad you have your scoot back
mojobuddy70cc
Banned

very lucky gurl

Post by mojobuddy70cc »

,,your scoot was not that damaged,but violated i`m sure. i get lil thugs @ times ask about my "Blackie" buddy. i tell them it`s the worst scooter i`ve ever had and not to buy one. why?? b/c they are casin` my scoot out to rip-off and sell for some rocks. the thought of my Buddy going for a handful of crack just makes me so, so,sad!!
,,If that happened to me, and i found the lil thugs,,( not to advocate this method) but i would remove their "front rack",,since i know the justice system`s idea of justice and mine are way, way different.
,happy for ya^5
mayra

Post by mayra »

siobhan wrote:Yaaaaaaaah! So glad you got it back as I remember you saying it's your only form of transport. Although, Chelsea supporters do need to be taught a lesson every now and again (do I have a CRAZY Chelsea story!). :D

So glad there's not too much damage and hopefully it won't cost too much to repair. I hope the legal system will work.
Let's hear that Chelsea story! make sure to watch them at 3eastern against the seattle sounders on espn2. i'm going to see them on friday in baltimore against ac milan!
holden wrote: Yeah! Does your insurance cover any of that?
i didn't have insurance on it... i'm looking into getting some now hah
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Yeah! Glad you got it back! :D
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
OScoot!

Post by OScoot! »

Yea!!! Mayra.....I'm so glad you got the Little Pinkster back! I've been thinking about this a lot. Glad it wasn't any worse that it was for you. Although, I know it was a bummer.

Take care....and get a REALLY BIG chain!
A_Hunter

Post by A_Hunter »

That's very grand news indeed. Glad to here that you can once more enjoy the freedom of two wheels.
Scoot'n'Shoot

Post by Scoot'n'Shoot »

YAY! so where was it stolen at? I'm glad to hear it was recovered. I grew up on the southside in chesterfield and those teens can do some pretty stupid things when it comes to stealing property from the city, for some reason they think chesterfield is too far away from richmond to look into...
mayra

Post by mayra »

OScoot! wrote:Yea!!! Mayra.....I'm so glad you got the Little Pinkster back! I've been thinking about this a lot. Glad it wasn't any worse that it was for you. Although, I know it was a bummer.

i did have a really big chain, just nothing to chain it to! i am going to have to get creative on how i'm going to be securing in from now on
mayra

Post by mayra »

Scoot'n'Shoot wrote:YAY! so where was it stolen at? I'm glad to hear it was recovered. I grew up on the southside in chesterfield and those teens can do some pretty stupid things when it comes to stealing property from the city, for some reason they think chesterfield is too far away from richmond to look into...
well it was stolen from southside, i live off midlothian and the bike was found like two streets away...
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

mayra wrote:
OScoot! wrote:Yea!!! Mayra.....I'm so glad you got the Little Pinkster back! I've been thinking about this a lot. Glad it wasn't any worse that it was for you. Although, I know it was a bummer.

i did have a really big chain, just nothing to chain it to! i am going to have to get creative on how i'm going to be securing in from now on
Do you own or rent? If you own, you can make a really solid ground anchor with some concrete and rebar. Mine cost me about $15. If you rent, you might be able to talk your land lord into letting you do the same as long as you come up with a plan for removing it when you vacate (or determine a set amount to deduct from your deposit).
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
MrsLatch

Post by MrsLatch »

hey mayra if they dont want to let you put anything in the ground to lock your scoot to, informing them that if your scooter is stolen its just going to raise the crime rate for the complex gets things done. thats how we got our locking bar, its actually solid, stainless steal piping filled with concrete.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

i have seen an idea at an apartment building of a friend. he locked his bike to it. he bought the largest eye bolt he could find and drilled a hole through a post in the covered parking. bolt and washer on both sides of the post. and bent the end of the bolt that was extra. this way you can't undo the bolt. you would have to cut it. if someone would cut it they would cut the chain. chain would not fit through the eye bolt but a longer lock would go through both ends of the chain and the bolt. he said this would allow a tight fit. if the chain goes around the pole then there is a big area to cut with bolt cutter or hack saw. now he didn't ask and got away with it but i'm sure an apartment manager would say heck no. just an idea.

someone else here mentioned a hook cemented or bolted to the ground. i think thats a great idea. its really a shame we have to have this discussion so much and so often.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
purple

stolen scooter

Post by purple »

Mayra! I'm so happy for you! Congrats!