Got my new Buddy Italia today!!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

moniraq

Got my new Buddy Italia today!!!

Post by moniraq »

Hello all from San Antonio, Texas!!!

I got my new Buddy Italia today and I love it!! I also lucked out that the new windshields for the 07's were in so I got one while I was there. I love my scooter! I put about 15 miles on it today and got re-acquainted with riding. I forgot how much fun it was to ride a two-wheeled vehicle but I must say that riding a scooter is way more fun than a motorcycle.

Unfortunately, it's supposed to be rainy and much cooler this week so the rain may put a slight dent in my fun but hopefully, I'll be ready for the Spring Fling ride we're having here in S.A. on the 15th.

Well, will post pics later. Bye!

Monica
hangukhurley

Post by hangukhurley »

Congrats! My husband really wants the Buddy Italia. He loves the color and loves the zip the Buddy has.

Have fun! Can't wait to see pics!
- hangukhurley & Frenchy...Pretty in Pink!
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

MUCH Congrats! Have fun riding safe. Good thing there's no snow in Texas.
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

I saw my first SI in person today. It was parked next to a vintage scooter on Tejon between 32nd and 33rd. I was heading south on my Buddy and had to do a double take because I thought both were vintage scooters. Then I realized the green one was an SI. I almost turned around to get a better look but I had to be somewhere.

From what I could tell, the SI is a real beauty. You SI owners are a fortunate bunch!
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Corsair wrote:Good thing there's no snow in Texas.
HA! Least true! :P
Last edited by polianarchy on Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ModBud #442
moniraq

Post by moniraq »

Actually, today ended up being nice and sunny so I'll have a chance to get a ride in when I get home from work!!!

And really, thank goodness there's no snow here. That would be a total bummer.

Fun in the sun!!
Monica
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Another San Antone Buddy! Congrats and welcome to the cult.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
San Francisco

Post by San Francisco »

I love the Italia model, so much so that we are buying two of them today.

Here are some pics so members know what we are excited about.

http://www.genuinescooters.com/buddy_italia.html
Attachments
buddy italiano rear 2.jpg
buddy italiano rear 2.jpg (60.33 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
buddyitalianofrontsm.jpg
buddyitalianofrontsm.jpg (41.92 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
moniraq

Post by moniraq »

Well, I've had the chance to ride for the last couple of days and I've got to say that I'm having the best time!

It's really quick and I'm picking up speed before I even realize it. It feels really smooth while shifting and I'm getting the hang of riding again (even though I have to say I was nervous as hell the first time out) and my nerves are diminishing.

I'm 5'3 and I'm still a tiny bit short but this was the best fit of all the scooters I tried out so overall, I have to say I'm in love!

This is one of the sharpest looking scoots on the market (in my opinion) and I've gotten compliments on it already! People notice the whitewall tires first and foremost and I believe that's part of what makes this Buddy a stand-out.

Congrats to San Fran for their new purchases.

Laters.
M
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

i am absolutly in LOVE with the whitewall tires. anyone know if we can buy them as an accesory for our own buddies? so many improvements in the '07 almost makes me wish i'd had the patience to wait to get one. (almost)
San Francisco

Post by San Francisco »

weaseltamer wrote:i am absolutely in LOVE with the whitewall tires. anyone know if we can buy them as an accessory for our own buddies? so many improvements in the '07 almost makes me wish i'd had the patience to wait to get one. (almost)
I plan on checking on this myself and will report back. I have to assume that the tires are NOT a limited edition too. If they are, then I will look to buying a few extra sets myself.

Note: The tires may be a standard scooter size to where any whitewall will fit. There are retailers who sell whitewall tires for other scooters. So that may be a way to get them.

http://www.scooterwest.com/item_detail/ ... hinko/993/

If they are a special size I would go to Genuine's Site to see the list of dealers carrying the Italia. Then call a few to ask if they are selling the tires.
Last edited by San Francisco on Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

weaseltamer wrote:i am absolutly in LOVE with the whitewall tires. anyone know if we can buy them as an accesory for our own buddies? so many improvements in the '07 almost makes me wish i'd had the patience to wait to get one. (almost)
Yes, you can. The tires are Shinko whitewalls:
http://www.scooterwest.com/item_detail/ ... hinko/993/
On sale at Motorsport! Best to have a pro swap the tires out, though, esp. when swapping tubeless for tubed. The tire doesn't come with a tube, so that will also have to be purchased and installed.

Mike from NoHo Scooters sells them, has put them on some of the new Buddys he's selling (I saw some on a red '07 last week!) and had them on his ultramod Buddy (RIP):
viewtopic.php?t=754

Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

ericalm wrote: Mike from NoHo Scooters sells them, has put them on some of the new Buddys he's selling (I saw some on a red '07 last week!) and had them on his ultramod Buddy (RIP)
RIP? What? What happened?

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:
ericalm wrote: Mike from NoHo Scooters sells them, has put them on some of the new Buddys he's selling (I saw some on a red '07 last week!) and had them on his ultramod Buddy (RIP)
RIP? What? What happened?
It was crashed and then paid for and, I think, dismantled. The story's not mine to tell, but I do know that it's not around any more.
moniraq

Post by moniraq »

One of the black Buddy 125's at the store where I bought mine from had the whitewalls on it and it looked super sharp! It was a nice shiny black with whitewalls and had the front and rear rack on it and it looked hot! It was my second choice after the Italia.
San Francisco

Post by San Francisco »

moniraq wrote:One of the black Buddy 125's at the store where I bought mine from had the whitewalls on it and it looked super sharp! It was a nice shiny black with whitewalls and had the front and rear rack on it and it looked hot! It was my second choice after the Italia.
When we were looking at which ones to buy the question came up on how do we tell them apart, so maybe I should get the black one. I did not think it was an issue so I said no way to her and we simply bought two Italias.

However, for a fleeting moment I was looking at the black model, as it too was my "second choice." But no way... that Italia is too hot looking to consider anything else, in my most humble of opinions. :D
moniraq

Post by moniraq »

The other thing about that black Buddy I saw that I just remembered, it was two tones black and gray. That's what made it so friggin' sharp! I'm not sure if it was custom paint job but whoo...it definitely made me think twice!
Keys

Post by Keys »

That is the standard color scheme for the black Buddys. In fact, my red one used to sport that color scheme...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"