Scooter Cash for Clunkers Video

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Scooter Cash for Clunkers Video

Post by ericalm »

NoHo Scooters just posted this video on their Cash for Clunkers program. It's simultaneously funny, sad, and all too true.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wr6vmrR57nc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wr6vmrR57nc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BTW, the Motorcycle Industry Council is reportedly trying to get the government program extended to 2-wheelers. Unlikely, but we shall see…
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

That's both funny and sad.

I was REALLY hoping that they'd come to their senses and expand the CARS program to two-wheel vehicles as well. It's kind of a no-brainer. Oh well.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Awesome Mike! NoHo's personal stimulus package! Talk about a public service. Get those dangerous crap-heaps off the road! :+!:

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Lostmycage wrote:That's both funny and sad.

I was REALLY hoping that they'd come to their senses and expand the CARS program to two-wheel vehicles as well. It's kind of a no-brainer. Oh well.
http://www.mic.org/news080609.cfm
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Mike @ NoHo Scooters
Dealer

Post by Mike @ NoHo Scooters »

I was getting tired of all the calls for broken Chinese scooters. There is no way any company could make a quality two wheel vehicle and sell it for $500. I have recieved calls from people that spent almost as much as a new Buddy or Kymco trying to keep their Chinese scooters on the road.

BTW: If you like the video and have a You Tube account, please leave a five star review. It looks like some Chinese scooter dealers left one star reviews so the video would be further down in the search ranking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr6vmrR57nc
Mike Frankovich
NoHo Scooters
North Hollywood, CA
www.nohoscooters.com

Named "Best Scooter Shop" by Los Angeles Magazine in their 2009 Best Of LA issue!

www.twitter.com/nohoscooters
www.facebook.com/nohoscooters
www.youtube.com/nohomike
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Mike @ NoHo Scooters wrote:...BTW: If you like the video and have a You Tube account, please leave a five star review. It looks like some Chinese scooter dealers left one star reviews so the video would be further down in the search ranking.
Done! Modern Buddy community activate!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

Awesome video. Happily gave it 5 stars! :D
MB#1749 RBC#8

"I have GOT to get me one of THESE!"
--Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith), Independence Day
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Mike @ NoHo Scooters wrote:I was getting tired of all the calls for broken Chinese scooters. There is no way any company could make a quality two wheel vehicle and sell it for $500. I have recieved calls from people that spent almost as much as a new Buddy or Kymco trying to keep their Chinese scooters on the road.

BTW: If you like the video and have a You Tube account, please leave a five star review. It looks like some Chinese scooter dealers left one star reviews so the video would be further down in the search ranking.
After reading NoHo's post I thought about this write-up I read written by a scooter dealer(A quality brand name dealer) who is up against the cheating
no good chinese scooter dealers.Well you can see for your self:

"I have successful been converting my retail license over so that I can be a distributor. Suddenly, I am getting auditted by frak every state agency that exists. Fortunately, we are a small company and have not gotten out of control with out documentation. So when the dmv finally issued my new license, I asked them point blank if the extreme scrutiny was because of the budget crisis here in california. They said yes. I then said, well if you want to get some fees and penalty money, why dont you simply pursue the numerous and seemingly endless supply of illegal chinese dealers in so cal. They said they dont have the resources. I said that they didnt need much as they fuckers just advertise right out in the open and all they have to do is use craigslist to find a ready supply of violators. They told me it wasnt worth it, and that the illegal sellers would get a stiffer fine if they parked in a handicap zone. This REALLY pissed me off.

So I then asked, what could be done about the illegal sellers that illegally compete with the legitimate sellers that are subject to so many rule, fees, licenses etc. They told me nothing could be done, and nothing would be done. So then I asked if the reason I was examined so closely was because I actually took the time to be legal and they said yes. So here is the deal, if you are legit, you get fucked with because they can look in a folder, find your location, come over and try and take whatever they can get. If you do NOT register, comply, get bonded, etc. then you have zero risk of penalties or fines, because they wont look for you, EVER.

So note to all out there, dont ever bother to be legal. It is too risky. Sell illegally as you will never ever get caught or penalized"

See what I mean? How in the hell can we all rise up and kick these SOB's out of our country?
Aerosmith, None Other.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Easy. Get people to stop buying the damn scooters.

Maybe not "easy," exactly.