Might be coming back to a Buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pesqueeb

Might be coming back to a Buddy

Post by pesqueeb »

Hi again every one. I see lots of new faces since I was here last. That's Awesome! :D For those that don't remember or don't know, I had a very bad accident on my 2006 buddy 125 back in feb of 2007.
viewtopic.php?t=635&postdays=0&postorde ... t=50#17554
A lots gone on since then (the wife and I had a baby, new job etc) and I just never got around to replacing my poor old 125. The wife sold hers when she got pregnant, and she just wasn't comfortable riding after I got hit.
Long story short, I went to my scooter dealer on a whim after work today and sat down on a Blackjack. Didn't ride it (i was wearing sandals) but will probably go back later this week for a spin around the block. Just getting on it brought me the biggest smile. I've been looking at motorcycles a lot recently but what I realized today, is I really just want my scooter back. My wife however is not at all thrilled. Her fear level is understandably very high and I of course have a little anxiety myself, but like they say, when you get thrown off the horse......

I was also quite impressed by how far the little guys have come. Much improved head light and horn (scared the poop out of me!), the performance pipe on the Blackjack sounded awesome, the internationals look great, and the seat was way more comfortable than I remember it being.

So I think I'm down to the Pamplona or the Blackjack, I think I like the Blackjack the best but what I said after my accident was I wanted a red one, so we'll see. Now all I have to do is convince the wife to let me get on another one.
Take off the tin foil hat and let the voices drive for a minute. It'll be fine.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Wow, glad to see you getting back on after such a severe wreck. Welcome back!
louie

Post by louie »

welcome back pesqueeb, glad your ready to scoot again.

decisions decisions what color to get. i'd hate to hold myself to such an inconsequential promise of a red one. enjoy the process.

since your wife still rode her scooter after you wreck i'm sure she'll understand your desire to get back on the rode.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Wow, glad to hear that you have recovered from such a bad accident, I seriously thought about trading my little Italia in for the blackjack but my wife has a ruckus and I really like riding with her so I've kept that. I'll definitely get one next spring (keeping the little italia to play with mod wise) though if I don't like the looks or the price of the new touring scoot everyones been talking about.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
SingAwJib

Post by SingAwJib »

Wow is right. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, eh. . .

I'm curious, was the recumbent acquisition a result of your accident, or were you always a bent guy?
LuvMyScoot

Post by LuvMyScoot »

Hi Pesqueeb from a recent addition to MB. It was great to read that you've recovered fully from the crash. My 2 cents: Get the red one. That's the one you wanted initially and besides, red is easy to spot. The easier we are to spot, the better off we are!
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

welcome back to scooter/Buddy world. What a terrible accident you had. Inspiring to see your heart still has room for scootin'!
Rob

Re: Might be coming back to a Buddy

Post by Rob »

pesqueeb wrote:Hi again every one. I see lots of new faces since I was here last. That's Awesome! :D For those that don't remember or don't know, I had a very bad accident on my 2006 buddy 125 back in feb of 2007.
Ouch! That's painful just to read about. It certainly seems like a large percentage of the "bad" bike accidents involve a vehicle turning left in front the oncoming bike.

Glad to see you're close to getting back on 2 wheels.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
pesqueeb

Post by pesqueeb »

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! This really is a great community.
SingAwJib wrote:Wow is right. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, eh. . .

I'm curious, was the recumbent acquisition a result of your accident, or were you always a bent guy?
I actually had the recumbent before my accident, but I sold it after words. Because of the injuries to my pelvis and tail bone it was painful to ride it. Thankfully I can still sit on a regular bicycle seat with out problems, although my shoulder starts giving me problems at about mile 30.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Heyyy! Glad you're back. Welcome home!

So, I think you should get the Blackjack and a shiny red helmet with a Helmet Halo reflector. That's what I think. :D
ModBud #442
pesqueeb

Post by pesqueeb »

polianarchy wrote:Heyyy! Glad you're back. Welcome home!

So, I think you should get the Blackjack and a shiny red helmet with a Helmet Halo reflector. That's what I think. :D
hmmmm.... You make a compelling argument.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Welcome back! Almost sort of. :)

I saw a guy in a rather tall recumbent bike this morning. My first thought every time I see one: Is that a total pain going uphill?

It's cool that you've seen the updates to the Buddy. The Black Jack is so freakin' cool. I still have a scooter crush on it.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…