revenge

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BootScootin'FireFighter

revenge

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

So I was on my way home this evening with my Queen on the back, after a dinner and dessert date at Whole Foods. We approached the entrance to our apartment community, on a 2 lane each way, median strip 25mph road, although most drivers barely stray below 40. As soon as I turned in, it seems like a small toyota fell out of the sky or disengaged their cloaking device so suddenly because she was right up our @$$ out of nowhere! Now, the complex speed limit is 10mph, and again, most drivers keep it at least 25. I proceeded to the right half of the first speed bump, and she bolted past us at nearly 35 mph over the speed bump and nearly running us both down on our left. I laid on the horn, and proceeded to safely follow her to her parking spot in the neighborhood. My little woman and I then confronted this driver who was apparently in no major rush anymore, parked and responding to a text message. We may have been a bit confrontational, but we still maintained our composure letting her know how she nearly killed us back there in her futile attempt to get home 15 seconds sooner. She had no remorse and told us to get away from her car and she would "call the police". For what, I have no idea. It always seems in my travels, most of the time when people threaten to call the police, they are more in the wrong than I am, which usually makes me laugh. After a little bit more of an argument back and forth, we decided to head to our building. We know the car, what she looks like, and the general area she parks in.

Now my issue is payback. I like hearing stories from other riders about their creative retaliation techniques. I'm definitely not seeking violence, or any major vandalism that will get me in trouble with the police. Send me some juicy stories, I'm ready to make something happen!
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

Let it go. Shes not worth the time. Besides, she'll get hers in the end :twisted:
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

This is really not something you want to escalate. Either deal with it in an official manner, or let it go.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Lil Buddy wrote:Let it go. Shes not worth the time. Besides, she'll get hers in the end :twisted:
I agree. If you won't (or can't) call the police on her, take a long drink, take a deep breath, take a nice nap, whatever.

Letting the air out of two of her tires every other day for a week might make you feel better for a week, but it is not the answer.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

Not worth it.
However, you could call the cops the next time she has a late party at her apartment.
cmac

Post by cmac »

Haha. You could glue a couple small pieces of metal to the end of a zip-tie and tie the zip-tie to her driveshaft so when she pulls away in the morning you just hear TICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICK.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Let it go, its not worth it. You'll just create problems for yourself. Stuff a large potato up her exhaust. If she leaves her door unlocked on a hot day put a piece of raw chicken under the passenger seat and pour a pint of whole milk under the driver seat. Or a cold day, doesn't matter. Or a fresh dead rat, even better. Fuzzy dead stinky things seem to have a great impact on most females and it doesn't look like someone planted it. :evil:
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

Agreed, relax enjoy a Young's Double Chocolate Stout served cool (not cold) from a nitro can and enjoy the fact that you are in reality way cooler on your scoot than she thinks she is, as per the revenge...let it go and when you see her next give her a wide berth.
B02S4

Post by B02S4 »

The time to call 911 is on her way out, if she exhibits any of the careless driving that you previously experienced on the way in. For all you know, she could be DUI :wink:
Cecijinetta

Post by Cecijinetta »

I absolutely feel and understand what happened; and while it's fun to think of payback, 2 wrongs don't make a right, darn it!

I had a similar experience happen at an intersection recently, when a new convertible Volvo didn't think the 3 Buddies in the only traffic lane should be on the road, so she created her own lane and sped by us going way too fast, kicking up rocks that hit the 3 of us. What a dilemma because I knew this lady! We followed her into the neighborhood, also my neighborhood, and while my friends thought of several paybacks, I just wanted her to know what she did. My friends didn't want to let it go, so I told them I'd take care of it.

I finally let it go, but I've not forgotten and likely never will. I can only make her aware of what she's done. It's not worth the aggravation and you're time is MUCH more valuable than to waste thinking about her.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Its fine to let her know what she has done but first you have to get her attention so she will listen to you. That brings on actions that are not necessarily revenge, although some people call it that.

"Now that I have your attention, let's discuss..." :P
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

This gal is in your apartment complex? If she is you might want to file a complaint with the manager. Don't rant and rave that you want something to be done immediately. But ask if there have been other complaints and if there have been maybe the manager could have a little talk with her about slowing it down.

Use lots of honey, vinegar will get you nowhere.
Ride what you like so you'll love to ride!
Scooterist Extraordinaire!
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

dakotamouse wrote:Use lots of honey, vinegar will get you nowhere.
Too right. Unless you are trying to clean out a coffee maker. Then honey is not as good as vinegar.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

thanks for the suggestions, I just hate to admit that letting it go is the best course of action. It just really irks me how so many people don't value life anymore and take dangerous chances for the sake of getting somewhere only a few seconds sooner, is it worth it? I probably wouldn't of made such a stink if I was alone, but I had my most precious cargo on the back, and she's already nervous enough riding on the back of a Buddy 125, which I may add is not the best for riding with a passenger. The cops usually don't treat non-drivers with respect either, I've seen too many cops belittle and de-humanize cyclists at critical mass and other bicycling altercations with drivers, it's never the drivers fault when they intentionally exhibit signs of aggression. I guess we'll never win until there are much less drivers on the road and more two wheelers.
Francois Donadet

Post by Francois Donadet »

If you know where she parks odds are she knows where you park. So wait till the moving day.
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

dakotamouse wrote:This gal is in your apartment complex? If she is you might want to file a complaint with the manager. Don't rant and rave that you want something to be done immediately. But ask if there have been other complaints and if there have been maybe the manager could have a little talk with her about slowing it down.
That's what I was thinking. Why not let the manager know, if for no other reason than to bring to his/her attention that people are speeding on the property?
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

On the way up to visit my mom I nearly got splatted!

A fellow in a truck had a load of church pews on a trailer and wasn't paying attention. He woke up real fast when I laid on Sophia's horn! I think the sun was in his eye as he was making his lane change.

I always say, anyone can make a mistake. I waved and smiled at him, afterwards, but he looked like a man who had just seen a ghost and crapped his pants! :o
SWD

Re: revenge

Post by SWD »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:So I was on my way home this evening with my Queen on the back, after a dinner and dessert date at Whole Foods. We approached the entrance to our apartment community, on a 2 lane each way, median strip 25mph road, although most drivers barely stray below 40. As soon as I turned in, it seems like a small toyota fell out of the sky or disengaged their cloaking device so suddenly because she was right up our @$$ out of nowhere! Now, the complex speed limit is 10mph, and again, most drivers keep it at least 25. I proceeded to the right half of the first speed bump, and she bolted past us at nearly 35 mph over the speed bump and nearly running us both down on our left. I laid on the horn, and proceeded to safely follow her to her parking spot in the neighborhood. My little woman and I then confronted this driver who was apparently in no major rush anymore, parked and responding to a text message. We may have been a bit confrontational, but we still maintained our composure letting her know how she nearly killed us back there in her futile attempt to get home 15 seconds sooner. She had no remorse and told us to get away from her car and she would "call the police". For what, I have no idea. It always seems in my travels, most of the time when people threaten to call the police, they are more in the wrong than I am, which usually makes me laugh. After a little bit more of an argument back and forth, we decided to head to our building. We know the car, what she looks like, and the general area she parks in.

Now my issue is payback. I like hearing stories from other riders about their creative retaliation techniques. I'm definitely not seeking violence, or any major vandalism that will get me in trouble with the police. Send me some juicy stories, I'm ready to make something happen!

I can't believe people are dumb enough to to that shit in their own complex where people can easily get revenge.
maribell

Post by maribell »

Syd wrote:
Lil Buddy wrote:Let it go. Shes not worth the time. Besides, she'll get hers in the end :twisted:
I agree. If you won't (or can't) call the police on her, take a long drink, take a deep breath, take a nice nap, whatever.

Letting the air out of two of her tires every other day for a week might make you feel better for a week, but it is not the answer.
Dang. That would be my answer. I guess I don't get an A on this test.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I agree with the people who say let it go. I do not endorse taking a bit of wire, nor do I recomend running that wire from the offending car's horn to their brake lights. Since you wouldn't do this, it won't make the horn honk constantly while they have the brake pedal down.

Take the higher road, honestly....
skidad

Post by skidad »

It would plumb amaze people the stuff Bicyclists get away with here In Minneapolis. They obey virtually no Traffic Laws, yet want an equal share of the Road. I think, given the fact that we need money so bad here as everywhere else these people should start being ticketed and face the same types of fines Drivers do for example; not stopping at Stop Signs.They are there for a reason you know ... There Is an area here In Minneapolis where 2 parkways join, that I have seen Bicyclists just blow the Stop Sign, nearly being hit by cars that are obeying Traffic Laws.In the Bicyclists minds the Cars/Scoots are In the wrong.
Have A Terrific Day Everyone & Wear That Safety Gear!!!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Love the horn/brake idea that no one wants to do. I am probably never going to do that myself. That said, I prefer full on, face to face confrontation, in a mostly calm manner, to let the person know what they have done, why it was stupid, wrong, idiotic, and dangerous. All of this would be (has been) sprinkled with what my impression would be of the person, if I were the kind of person to say that, which I am not (yes, I am) armed the entire time with a smile. Its amazing the things you can say to people if you smile while saying it. Finally, remind them that they should think of this conversation every time something in their life goes wrong because you are praying that they have the opportunity to experience difficulties that will cause them to reflect on past actions and improve their future life. Most of the time they will have a confused look on their faces as you walk away - still smiling - even bigger now.
It has worked in the past.
Your results may not be the same.
Portland_Rider
Location: Free Territory of the Pacific Northwest (Kalifornia refugee)

Take responsible action to document this event.

Post by Portland_Rider »

I agree with others here that you either need to deal with it in an official manner (go to police and/or building managment) or let it go.

Consider if she did such a dangerous move on you once maybe she will do it again and if not you then she might do it to another rider causing an injury or worse. Maybe others are having problems with her and the building managment wants a reason to kick her out?

How will you feel if next month you get a phone call that your lady was hit by this woman's car while she was riding her scoot? How would you feel if anyone else gets hurt by her?

Personally, at the very least, I would document it with the apartment complex managment by email so you have a written record of it.

One thing, I suggest is never to post about revenge online even if you obviously mean no violence or law breaking as email can be forever. My take on this is that revenge here means going to the police of building mangement.

Good luck.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

skidad wrote:It would plumb amaze people the stuff Bicyclists get away with here In Minneapolis. They obey virtually no Traffic Laws, yet want an equal share of the Road. I think, given the fact that we need money so bad here as everywhere else these people should start being ticketed and face the same types of fines Drivers do for example; not stopping at Stop Signs.They are there for a reason you know ... There Is an area here In Minneapolis where 2 parkways join, that I have seen Bicyclists just blow the Stop Sign, nearly being hit by cars that are obeying Traffic Laws.In the Bicyclists minds the Cars/Scoots are In the wrong.
Have A Terrific Day Everyone & Wear That Safety Gear!!!
As a scooterist and cyclist I would like to say that quite often the fault lies with the scooterist and the cyclist who, as you have pointed out have no regard for or are ignorant of the rules of the road. The scooterist or cyclist who ignores or is unaware of the rules of the road simply pisses cagers off and they often take it out on those who do know and obey those rules. Last Friday a cyclist rode past a line of cars stopped at a light and was almost hit by me as I had the arrow and was turning right. He received a tongue lashing when I got next to him concerning his cavalier attitude of the rules. My 15 yr old son was with me and is a cyclist as well as a learning driver.
I hate it when idiots on bicycles and scooters do dumb stuff and create problems for me. If you are going to ride on my tax supported road you are expected to follow the rules of the road.
verdecalavera

Post by verdecalavera »

cmac wrote:Haha. You could glue a couple small pieces of metal to the end of a zip-tie and tie the zip-tie to her driveshaft so when she pulls away in the morning you just hear TICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICK.
thats a good one. ball up some duct tape with a little of a lead on the end and tape it to the inside of the wheel, you get a repetitive thump as it hits the wheel well. it's a great practical joke.
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

That woman is not worth the effort.

I'd like to think that if they had cars during his time Dante would have detailed the level of hell these people spend eternity in. It's the same level where child molesters and people who beat their spouses and pets live. Daily pineapple suppositories administered by the clown from 'IT' would be the highlight of their day.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I take major umbrage with the suggestion that you use toothpaste to spell cuss words on her car's paint. Furthermore, how *dare* you suggest pouring a pound of sugar into her gas tank? That is totally inappropriate!
ModBud #442
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Yes, do not spell out "looser"* in toothpaste on the vertical surface of the fender and or trunklid. I understand that sometimes "hoopdie" works as well.

*intention yet ironic typo to throw them off the trail.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Never, ever, ever put moth balls (remember those) in someone's gas tank! People do terrible things to one another.
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

I wouldnt remove the rubber strips from her windshield wipers - that would make a terrible sound if it rained. I definately wouldnt seal the doors with Liquid Nails - at least not for a first offender.

A nice smear of dog poop under the door handles is a nice treat for the morning rush :wink:
LuvMyScoot

Post by LuvMyScoot »

I don't know if any children live in your complex but if they do then I'd file a complaint with the police saying that you fear that children will be run down by this person who just doesn't care. While the idea of a scooterist getting run over doesn't seem to bother cops the idea of a child being seriously injured or killed most certainly does. Not only is it a terrible thing (and a potential reality if this woman keeps it up) it's a PR problem for the cops if she does hurt a child and the media finds out the police knew in advance of her speeding in the complex and didn't at least warn her about it.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

LuvMyScoot wrote:I don't know if any children live in your complex but if they do then I'd file a complaint with the police saying that you fear that children will be run down by this person who just doesn't care. While the idea of a scooterist getting run over doesn't seem to bother cops the idea of a child being seriously injured or killed most certainly does. Not only is it a terrible thing (and a potential reality if this woman keeps it up) it's a PR problem for the cops if she does hurt a child and the media finds out the police knew in advance of her speeding in the complex and didn't at least warn her about it.
For the love of God, think of the children!!!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

The car is probably locked so no one should squirt super glue into the key slot on the driver and passenger doors.

For the love of God, think of the children!!!
That covers the kiddies, now someone needs to throw themselves on the tracks for the environment and education. :roll:
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

polianarchy wrote:I take major umbrage with the suggestion that you use toothpaste to spell cuss words on her car's paint. Furthermore, how *dare* you suggest pouring a pound of sugar into her gas tank? That is totally inappropriate!
Suggesting sugar in the gas tank is totally improper! And a myth. Sugar doesn't dissolve in gas. It will settle to the bottom of the tank possibly plugging the gas intake. A much more effective product would be styrofoam packing peanuts. When combined with gas they make polyurethane varnish. Varnish and carburators don't mix.

But of course doing such things would be very improper! But fun to think about!
LuvMyScoot

Post by LuvMyScoot »

rabbitgod wrote:Daily pineapple suppositories administered by the clown from 'IT' would be the highlight of their day.
Pennywise = scariest clown ever. Then again, I think all clowns are pretty frightening.

"Nothing's scarier than a clown" - Carrie Bradshaw
loodieboy

Post by loodieboy »

She won't know when. She'll just know why.

Take your time. No hurry. Make a game of it. Keep your eyes open for the most offensive bumper sticker you can find. REALLY OFFENSIVE. You'll know it when you find it, that special little sticker you ordinarily would think "now what kind of a$$bag would put that on their car."

Then one evening, apply it to her bumper - the one she won't see getting into her car. Then enjoy checking her car from time to time to see how long it takes her to find it and peel it off.

Repeat as needed.
Clearly.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Wow...I'm prompted to remember my first girlfriend, after she broke up with me and we were just friends. She caught her new boyfriend cheating on her with another girl. I listened to her rant about what she wanted to do to his truck that he adored. Sugar in the gas tank, 5 minute epoxy in the door locks, superglue the wipers to the windshield, put a ball bearing in the dust cap of each tire's air valve and coat the threads with superglue before screwing the dust caps back on, pulling the spark plug wires and/or taking the spark plugs...eek. Never piss off a country girl. I never found out if she went through with it or not....
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Order as many embarrasing catalogs as you can to her address... it's free and delivered to her doorstep.
EZPZ #65
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Here's something that isn't illegal but annoying: Start feeding birds near her car.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

pcbikedude wrote:Here's something that isn't illegal but annoying: Start feeding birds near her car.
That and the magazine idea are actually.......kinda..sorta...do-able.

Hey, what about that seat eating squirrel from another thread? Maybe he'd like a car seat? :wink:
nevermore

Post by nevermore »

dakotamouse wrote:
pcbikedude wrote:Here's something that isn't illegal but annoying: Start feeding birds near her car.
That and the magazine idea are actually.......kinda..sorta...do-able.

Hey, what about that seat eating squirrel from another thread? Maybe he'd like a car seat? :wink:
I like the bird idea. Sweet.

Marty
Syd

Post by Syd »

nissanman wrote:Order as many embarrasing catalogs as you can to her address... it's free and delivered to her doorstep.
Publisher's Clearinghouse!
Wow, you guys are just mean. :lol:
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

The bird feeding is great! Even if never seen in the area before, pigeons will sniff out the free food from miles away.
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

dakotamouse wrote: That and the magazine idea are actually.......kinda..sorta...do-able.
What about subscribing her to scooter, bike and motorcycle catalogs? Like a bunch of them.

Or sign her up for some rider advocacy group.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

beeporama

Post by beeporama »

Although it's unsatisfying and a huge hassle, one suggestion is reporting this to the local police. They will do nothing. But: also note her license plate, the time of the event, the time you reported it to the police, and who you spoke to with the police. If this becomes a pattern, and you have the opportunity to report her again, then perhaps they will take you seriously.

Or not. Probably the biggest waste of time, I know.

People are excellent at rationalization and no amount of wrath is likely to get through to this woman. Anybody who has read How To Win Friends and Influence People has heard this anecdote:

In 1931, Francis “Two Guns” Crowley, a gangster and assassin who was known for having killed a police officer in cold blood after he asked him for his driving license, was arrested in his girlfriend’s apartment after a siege in which one hundred police officers were mobilized! He was taken alive, but, believing he was as good as dead, he had taken the time to write a letter. Was it a letter of repentance, a letter of remorse for the crimes he had committed? No, it said “Under my jacket beats a weary heart, but a good one that would not hurt anyone.”

He was condemned to the electric chair. When he arrived at the execution chamber, was he full of excuses, did he declare that he was experiencing remorse? No. He said “This is my punishment for wanting to defend myself.”

With that in mind, if you actually wanted to win this woman over, I would suggest knocking on her door, apologizing for your wrath, and offering to take her for a ride so she could see what it is like.
Syd

Post by Syd »

beeporama wrote:...offering to take her for a ride so she could see what it is like.
Then popping a wheelie.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Syd wrote:
beeporama wrote:...offering to take her for a ride so she could see what it is like.
Then popping a wheelie.
:rofl:
Aww...I was gonna drink that....
purple

revenge

Post by purple »

What great laughs I had reading all this! You guys are the best! I loved it! As my dad has always said, "Don't mess with me or mine, (family)!
:D :D :D :D And we are a scooter family...
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

LuvMyScoot wrote:
rabbitgod wrote:Daily pineapple suppositories administered by the clown from 'IT' would be the highlight of their day.
Pennywise = scariest clown ever. Then again, I think all clowns are pretty frightening.

"Nothing's scarier than a clown" - Carrie Bradshaw
Right? Scary as all get out.

The shower scene is what gets me. I think it's because things came out of the drain in the house I grew up in, so to my 8 year old brain it wasn't a complete stretch.

My suggestion: if you have any gravel nearby, take a handful and carefully place them all over the hood. Now you aren't vandalizing anything. It's up to her to pick each piece up, or she can swipe them off and scratch up the paint. This works especially well if she is chronically late.