(NBR) Accident Video

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dakotamouse

(NBR) Accident Video

Post by dakotamouse »

Gotta warn you this is very graphic but it shows how just one little mistake can screw things up for so many people. It shows how important it is take your driving seriously and give it all of your attention.

The kids in the video look like good kids there was just one mistake.....

http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/2009/08/a ... afety.html
Ride what you like so you'll love to ride!
Scooterist Extraordinaire!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Wow. If that doesn't get the message across (no pun intended), nothing will.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I actually like the ad myself. I've seen it many times on the news. Anyone hear the passenger's neck crack into 2 pieces after the second car impacts?

Good thing I dont text.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Latest "That wouldn't happen if..." from a teenager who saw the video on my computer.

"That wouldn't happen if they'd learn to keyboard. You don't have to look at the keys. I do it all the time and nothin' has happened to me. That's so wrong to put out stuff like that."

I'd like to strangle this idiot. :livid:

My son is not allowed to ride with other kids because I am a mean, nasty parent trying to ruin his life and will continue in that vein.
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

DennisD wrote:
My son is not allowed to ride with other kids because I am a mean, nasty parent trying to ruin his life and will continue in that vein.
That was a rule my parents had too. No friends in the car no distractions. Of course that was pre cell phone days.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

i like the ad also. dunno if it will influence anyone for the better. the newest generation of knuckleheads cant imagine a day with out texting some earth shattering news every second of every day.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
purple

nbr

Post by purple »

Man, did that bring tears to my eyes...
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

That made me twitch a bit.

This afternoon I passed a SCOOTER who was texting while boppin' down the road at 30 mph. :wtf: As stomach-turning as this is, some people need to have the message hammered in. Unfortunately, some people will never listen.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

DennisD wrote:Latest "That wouldn't happen if..." from a teenager who saw the video on my computer.

"That wouldn't happen if they'd learn to keyboard. You don't have to look at the keys. I do it all the time and nothin' has happened to me. That's so wrong to put out stuff like that."

I'd like to strangle this idiot. :livid:

Sadly, too many parents these days arent mean and cruel like they used to be. I was just at a target the other day and I saw a 5 year old in stripper high heels, a bikini, and a mini skirt with her underwear fully exposed. I felt kinda bad for the kid, sadly her mother was "white trash".

That child should be wearing a dress, and gym shoes!
Jackie F

Post by Jackie F »

Lately, a local funeral home have put signs on the Seattle Metro buses, stating:

OMG! Hope we are not your next service provider. Don't text while driving.
takora

Post by takora »

About two weeks ago, in AM rush hour in downtown Portland, I saw a car driver EATING A BOWL OF CEREAL while driving... Dunno if that's actually more stupid than texting, but it was certainly something I had never seen before and really drove home how incredibly stupid some people can be on the road...
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Whoops. Sorry.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Jackie F wrote:Lately, a local funeral home have put signs on the Seattle Metro buses, stating:

OMG! Hope we are not your next service provider. Don't text while driving.
That's awesome!
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

jfrost2 wrote:
"That wouldn't happen if they'd
Sadly, too many parents these days arent mean and cruel like they used to be. I was just at a target the other day and I saw a 5 year old in stripper high heels, a bikini, and a mini skirt with her underwear fully exposed. I felt kinda bad for the kid, sadly her mother was "white trash".

Last night I came across 3 drop dead gorgeous teen girls 15-17 years of age. Dressed very adult. Two of Indian descent and one native American. They were shop lifting an early pregnancy test kit. Now I know where they got their start. :cry:
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

jfrost2 wrote:

Took my daughter to her high school orientation (9th grade) yesterday. She dressed in jeans and the two shirt deal (?) and her gym shoes. After orientation we went home and decided to go to Olive Garden for lunch. Before we could leave my daughter made us wait while she "freshened up". Oh boy, now what. Out she comes, ready to go wearing a dress, and gym shoes! 8) Daddy's little girl.
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

DennisD wrote:jfrost2 wrote:

Took my daughter to her high school orientation (9th grade) yesterday. She dressed in jeans and the two shirt deal (?) and her gym shoes. After orientation we went home and decided to go to Olive Garden for lunch. Before we could leave my daughter made us wait while she "freshened up". Oh boy, now what. Out she comes, ready to go wearing a dress, and gym shoes! 8) Daddy's little girl.

LOVE IT! Hopes she stays that way for a while. Life comes at ya too fast. Enjoy your youth!
fretman

Post by fretman »

This commercial is deservedly stomach churning. My 10 year old daughter was a passenger in a hit and run accident a month or so ago. Who knows, maybe the a**hole that hit and ran was texting, or talking on the cell. I arrived on the scene to a smashed up mini van, shattered glass, a knocked over lamp post, an uprooted tree, a host of emergency vehicles, one shook up driver and four very scared little girls. No one was seriously injured, thank God, but there were cuts, scrapes, bumps, bruises, whiplash type injuries, and a healthy amount of tears and fear. We were lucky. Another second this way, another inch that way, and the phone call I received could have been a very different one.
You know scooter is scooter!
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

Driving Drunk makes you 4 times more likely to get into a wreck.

Texting and Driving makes you 23 times more likely to get into a wreck.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/28/techn ... xting.html

Don't Text and Drive!!
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I had a near miss the other day while driving (in the Subaru not the Buddy) my 10 year old daughter to her Tae Kwon Do class. Fortunately I saw the guy in the pickup wasn't stopping for his red light. I hit the anti-lock brakes hard and blew the horn and he stopped (after he went through the red light). No impact thankfully.

He pulled up next to me at the next light and said he was sorry and he wasn't paying attention, that he was glad I was paying attention. He looked to be mid 40's or so.

My daughter pointed out to me that he had a little boy in the truck with him. She said to me "Dad, he could have killed us all, what was he thinking?"

I told her when she is old enough to drive she must remember to always pay attention to the driving, all the time.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

OMG Jules is DOA!!!

Seriously, I wish our PSAs were more graphic. It would make more of an impact.

By the way, a good way to eliminate a lot of these types of distractions is to insist your kids drive a manual transmission automobile. It really cuts down on the texting, eating, etc. You are more actively driving when you drive a stick shift. I'd like to see data on this.

Reminds me a bit of Tarantino's "Deathproof."
Asburyjer

Post by Asburyjer »

Is the OP vid available from another source? I can't see this one.
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Wow, quite a strong impact. Not nice to watch, but so true.