Only Because I Ride A Scooter.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Skootz Kabootz

Only Because I Ride A Scooter.

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Yesterday, I was hungry and craving a cheesesteak. Now, I have lived in Philly, so when I crave a cheesesteak, it can't be just any wannabe cheesesteak. The bar is set high. So what to do?

Well, I jumped on the internet and Googled "best cheesesteak in Los Angeles" and it turns out, in Burbank there is a place called Philly's Best that not only makes cheesesteaks, but they fly the rolls in from Philly every freakin day! Wha???? And if that's not enough, they also fly in Frank's soda's (Black Cherry... mmmmmmm) and Taskycakes! Who knew???? This wasn't going to be a meal, it was going to be a flashback! I was on my scooter and riding the 30+ minutes each way to Burbank in a heartbeat.

It's only because I ride a scooter that I did this. It's only because I ride a scooter that I do many things. If I was still a "car only" guy (shudder), I would not have considered going all the way to Burbank for a second. But on my scooter... I get to ride!

Today I had to go see my accountant. I love going to see my accountant! Apart from being an amazingly nice guy, his office is in Westlake and the only way... ok, the best way... to get to Westlake, is by taking Mulholland Highway, the exact twisty, turny, ride that every motorcycle enthusiast who can, rides on every day off they have. Except today is a week day so there is no traffic! I was haulin' ass and leanin' hard! An hour each way. Who knew going to see my accountant could be such total fun.

Scooting brings life to life. I love my scooter!

PS As it turns out, it really was a great cheesesteak!!!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Roose Hurro

Cheesysteakers...

Post by Roose Hurro »

Blast! I used to live in Burbank, and I never knew this place existed... *drools*
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Ahhh. I agree, I went searching for a specific Chinese tea, and rode to every Asian grocery store I could find in the area the other day. I did not find any so I will be searching/riding the surrounding area today, and I will not hesitate to ride all the way to Cleveland if necessary. I mean...why not??
broke

Post by broke »

What a great post Skootz! Genuine couldn't do much better advertising than posting your story on their front page. I would definitely make me want a scooter like yours.
Want and need divide me. Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

In the backwater known as Pensacola Florida there is a deli run by a native of Philly. Real cheesesteaks and tastycakes.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

I go there next month. Got a name/address?
basmith42

Post by basmith42 »

Bluebuddygirl-
Try the west side market in cleveland. If you decide to ride up my wife and I will meet you. Or if you don't want to ride up to the market we can look for your tea and mail it to you.
Me- Italiano named Gizmo. Wife- Pamplona named Scarlet and Vespa GTS250 named Nacho
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

olhogrider wrote:I go there next month. Got a name/address?
Philly's Cheesesteak
3900 Creighton Rd
Pensacola, Fl
850-969-0087

Not sure who you were asking, but there it is anyway. :D
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

We have a couple of tastycake importers running cheesesteak shops in Birmingham, too.
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

basmith42 wrote:Bluebuddygirl-
Try the west side market in cleveland. If you decide to ride up my wife and I will meet you. Or if you don't want to ride up to the market we can look for your tea and mail it to you.
Already done, hit up the Asian section of Payne Ave. Bought enough tea to last through the winter, and had a fabulous ride. I took Riverview in Akron that turns into Canal in Cuyahoga County, and then becomes East 49th, and then Independence Ave. Connected with 14 and then E. 30th. I used to live by 40th and St. Clair, so I rode around my old neighborhood. Thanks for the offer though. After I heard the news chick say it was supposed to stay dry except for a little rain here and there the decision was easy. But, I wouldn't mind meeting up some other time.
basmith42

Post by basmith42 »

Bluebuddy Girl-
My wife and I are planning to ride to Kent the first or second weekend in October for my birthday. Maybe you can meet us for a cup of joe.
(These r big plans for us- we've been riding for 3 weeks)
Me- Italiano named Gizmo. Wife- Pamplona named Scarlet and Vespa GTS250 named Nacho