Weird Wobble

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Animaetrix00

Weird Wobble

Post by Animaetrix00 »

The past week or two I've had a couple shaky moments on Falkor and wanted to see if it'd happened to anyone else. It's always when I'm going very fast (locals, it's happened to me on Friars, Kearny Villa, and Genesee, usually going over 55mph indicated.) What happens is I can feel the front wheel dip or swerve a little, and continue to wobble very fast. Slowing down significantly for a few moments seems to sort it all out. The other day it freaked me out badly as I came to the bottom of a hill and it happened and nearly sent me flying off my seat.

I'd experienced what I thought was the windshield catching before, but it was always kind of a gentle swoop that was easy to correct (and kind of fun.) This is different and scary, but always goes away in a few moments.

I'm going to try removing my (medium Genuine) windshield this week and see if that makes it go away or not. And I'm not riding very fast. :)

???
carreybat

Post by carreybat »

check your tire pressure..

i hope thats all it is..
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

With your scooter off, see if there is any play in your front wheel. Does it move from side to side at all? The nut could perhaps have loosened or maybe it's the bearings? If the mechanical stuff all checks out OK and this wobble is only happening when you are riding at high speed, try pressing forward on both your grips when riding at high speed. I developed this technique when riding WOT on the Amerivespa ride. It really steadies the bike and makes turning easier too.

Hope that helps.

(+1 on checking the tire pressure too.)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Animaetrix00

Post by Animaetrix00 »

kk thanks guys! Will look