disc brake

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kazigami

disc brake

Post by kazigami »

is the front disc brake, the disc its self covered under warranty? I'm wondering if the sound coming front the front brakes is not brake dust but the disc itself it warped. Has anyone else had this problem?
PM me if want to ride around Denver :)
lotusmark

Post by lotusmark »

I've got a spare stock disc if you need it.
Prima Pipe
Dr Pulley Variator 12g
Unifilter
NCY front and rear shocks
115 Main Jet
lotusmark

Post by lotusmark »

I've got a spare stock disc if you need it.
Prima Pipe
Dr Pulley Variator 12g
Unifilter
NCY front and rear shocks
115 Main Jet
pyrocpu

Post by pyrocpu »

If the rotor is truly warped, you'd feel a lot of vibration in the bars when you apply the front brake...
Update: "Bought the motorcycle, still have the Blackjack... wife wants me to sell Blackjack..."

kazigami

Post by kazigami »

Thanks lotusmark, I might take you up on that! I'm not noticing a lot of vibration when I brake but scraping sounds sometimes as the wheel turns and then after riding awhile when I brake a really bad metal sound. Its really starting to drive me crazy at this point...
PM me if want to ride around Denver :)
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

lotusmark wrote:I've got a spare stock disc if you need it.
I have already replaced my disc, and found (when Genuine shipped a disc for a 50cc in error) the disc for the 125cc, which I needed, was significantly bigger than the disc for the 50cc. The discs are NOT interchangable. Kazigami, I noticed you have a 50cc and lotusmark haas a 150cc. Just thought I'd point that out.

Turns out my disc was fine, I have a bent wheel. :x I decided I can live with the slight shimmy. It only happens between 35 and 50 mph anyway.