Rear rack Installation Problems

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

walky08

Rear rack Installation Problems

Post by walky08 »

Howdo I start???

i know it may sound silly. but the search function gives me too many answers and none refer to "rear rack".

Do I have to buy the cowl protector or any other part to install the rack?
Do i have to remove a part to install it? I tried doing this, but the ppart does not come off.

The installation instructions are almost useless and I was never told (or read) that I had to remove or buy another part to fit the rear rack to that other part.

I am hoping that is not the case.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

You have to remove the grab bar. It's not used with the rear rack. The rest should be pretty straight forward.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

If you look up at the third or so listing under general discussion, there is a title, "For all new Members" Click on this and go down to the tutorial section. There is a link for installing the rear rack. There is also a ton of other very useful information here.
walky08

Got it

Post by walky08 »

Got the "straight forward" part which is not so straight forward.The reddish plastic cover of the hand grab conceals an inner screw that kept the piece in place, until I slided the hand grab by mistake and saw the screw that kept the part glued to the scooter.

It is straight forward when you know it. Now I know.
Good instruction should state the obvious, including this, that was not so obvious.
Attachments
And I also did the black basket
And I also did the black basket
FRONT BASKET 2_320x240.JPG (87.96 KiB) Viewed 109 times
The Black Rack
The Black Rack
REAR RACK 2_240x320.JPG (73.02 KiB) Viewed 108 times