Twisted steering column

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Sumosamurai

Twisted steering column

Post by Sumosamurai »

Anyone know how to adjust the steering column? My bike got knocked over while parked and it feels like its a little off...
"Everybody wants to ride a buddy...Scooter"
rickko

Post by rickko »

Well, you've got to remove some body panels to access the handlebar tightening bolt which is probably around the level of the ignition.

This pic is taken as if the camera is sitting on the seat pointed towards the front of the scooter. With the panels removed you can see the silver nut/bolt that is used to crimp the handlebar with the ignition just to the right.

I might add, re-aligning your steering is not as simple a task as it might look. The handle bar is keyed so it slips into one position in the downtube. If you've really got a front end alignment problem, I'd take it in for professional adjustment.

Good luck!
..rickko..

Ride it like you enjoy it!
MB member #2568
Sumosamurai

Post by Sumosamurai »

Thanks!
"Everybody wants to ride a buddy...Scooter"
michelle_7728

Twisted steering column

Post by michelle_7728 »

This seems like a good one to have in the "Technical Library" area. Probably not something that comes up very often, but helpful if/when it does! :)
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's