Yamaha Maxster 150cc.... need your opinion on it please

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Lil Buddy

Yamaha Maxster 150cc.... need your opinion on it please

Post by Lil Buddy »

A co-worker of mine has a 2006 Maxter 150 with only 250mi on it. Runs fine, show room condition. He needs to make room in his garage for his new Goldwing. He's looking to sell it for $650. Sounds crazy low to me. But I know nothing about Yamaha scooters. Anyone have an opinion on the Maxter? And the $650 price?

UPDATE: He brought in some pics today. Its a Magster not Maxster. No thanks.
Last edited by Lil Buddy on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Greta

Post by Greta »

sounds like a crazy good deal to me!
wifiducky

Post by wifiducky »

go for it you cant lose and worst case scenario you can sell it off for parts on craigs list
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Sounds real cheap to me too. Now, bring me up to speed on this. Was the Maxster ever sold in the US? What is the history of this particualr scoot?
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

I recently picked up a 2007 Yamaha Majesty 400, but I'm not sure that counts other than to say that I have enjoyed it so far and when I was researching it people had good things to say about Yamaha.

I did a search and found this for you to read about the Maxter 125. :)

Off-topic, but crap these wind gusts tonight have been scary! :shock:
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Does sound cheap,were these imported thru US Yamaha? I don't remember ever seeing the Maxter selling in Yamaha dealers.It can matter for parts.Of course since it's Lil Buddy asking,would you be able to do your vodoo magic on the lighting? :D
Aerosmith, None Other.
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

It looks amazingly like the Blur - without the trick suspension. I am assuming it is the little brother to Yamaha's T-Max. Yamaha's aren't junk, at that price I'd say it is a steal.

Apparently the Maxter was made and sold exclusively in Europe, so it is a mystery how one made it to the USA. Maxter specific parts might be hard to come by if needed - how much does shipping from the EU cost?
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

BlueMark wrote:It looks amazingly like the Blur - without the trick suspension. I am assuming it is the little brother to Yamaha's T-Max. Yamaha's aren't junk, at that price I'd say it is a steal.

Apparently the Maxter was made and sold exclusively in Europe, so it is a mystery how one made it to the USA. Maxter specific parts might be hard to come by if needed - how much does shipping from the EU cost?
Depends on the supplier, but it's usually not awful. A lot of the Kwak guys get Versys parts from the UK all the time.

More curious about the emissions. Is it legal for US roads? Tagged? Inspected? Does it have a VIN?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Does the owner have a title for it?
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

some pics would be nice if it is the magster that i am thinking of it is a typical gy6 clone you can get it in a 50 or 150 and the 150s retail new for around 800 bucks

now there is also a jm magstar 250 maxi scoot out there too again this is a clone bike too
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

jmkjr72 wrote:some pics would be nice if it is the magster that i am thinking of it is a typical gy6 clone you can get it in a 50 or 150 and the 150s retail new for around 800 bucks

now there is also a jm magstar 250 maxi scoot out there too again this is a clone bike too
If it is a Yamaha Maxster, then there is a night and day difference between it and an 800 dollar China made scooter or any name brand scooter. If the Maxster was available in the U.S., I'm guessing that it would sell for for around $3800-4000. The Yamaha would run circles around any of the cheap scooters and the quality level would be orders of magnitude better. Unfortunately, I don't think Yamaha or any of the Japanese companies thinks the U.S. is ready for their sports scooters.

Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

Nice. Looks a LOT like a Blur. I actually like the lights on the Maxster better.
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

the maxter was never imported into the us

the only way it could be in the us is if some one imported it personaly like a service member returning from europe

at 650 bucks if it was imported from a service member they arent even getting the cost to ship it back to the states
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

Yeah, he brought in some pics this afternoon. Its definitely not a Yamaha. Just goes to show, if it sounds to good to be true......