crashed! need replacement parts, where to get them?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mjm1374

crashed! need replacement parts, where to get them?

Post by mjm1374 »

so I dumped my Buddy 150 yesterday, not sure how, she just went out from underneath me. The road was wet but not that bad (so I though).

Anyhoo...

while the cowl guards did their job and prevented much of the damage I did pretty badly ruined the headlight rim (missing a big chunk out of it, just ground away). Anyone know where to get replacement parts?

Thanks
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

Scooterworks and your dealer are the first places to call. The headlight bezel is one of the most commonly damaged/replaced parts, so don't be suprised if its on backorder.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Start with your dealer. You want to encourage that guy to stay around and to stock common parts and accessories.
goldscott

Post by goldscott »

Does Scooterworks.com have the headlight bezel for the Buddy125? I can't seem to find it (http://www.scooterworks.com/Headlight-Parts-C452.aspx)
cheez37

Post by cheez37 »

goldscott wrote:Does Scooterworks.com have the headlight bezel for the Buddy125? I can't seem to find it (http://www.scooterworks.com/Headlight-Parts-C452.aspx)
They do, but yo have to call them for those kinds of parts. Other places that I know that carry body parts are Motorsport Scooters in SD (www.scooterwest.com). You need to call them as well. Scooterlounge has body parts as well (http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/genuinebuddyparts)
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Just to clarify again, Scooterworks.com (SW USA) sells many common 'wear' parts (listed on the site) but they don't generally sell Genuine body/engine parts to consumers, those are sold directly to dealers by the Genuine parts dept. (I have a copy of the Scooterworks Direct catalog for dealers, and even *that* doesn't list Genuine engine/body parts.)

You really should order the parts through a dealer, though maybe they'd throw you a bone if you're hours away from a dealer. In that case, I'd call Genuine, not Scooterworks USA, they're related, and share space, but they're not the same company.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Philadelphia Scooters should be able to hook you up. Try giving them a call.

215-336-8255
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
goldscott

Post by goldscott »

Thanks guys.

Since I'm in Chicago (I live about a half mile from the Scooterworks warehouse, but I can't go in there and pick things up. Grr!), I'll call them up first.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

In Chicago, Scooterworks Chicago is the local dealer (SWC not SWUSA) and they can get parts quickly from the warehouse (usually 24 hrs I think.)

Hope you can make it to the Slaughterhouse rally this weekend, http://www.slaughterhousechicago.com

There's a rally-only sale at Scooterworks Friday after hours!

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
z20k

Post by z20k »

Bump.

I'm in need of this part (my dealer is out) - any ideas?
Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

If your dealer isn't working out:

http://www.scooterloungeonline.com
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I needed some OEM parts for a project Buddy I bought (starter, relay and stator). They were not listed on the website but a call to Scooterworks hooked me right up
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Ahh yes, headlight rims. When my scoot got dumped in a parking lot: I still
have not received a replacement headlight rim. There seems to be a variation of the size of the rim, depending of yr of manufacture, and that directly correlates to it's ease of replacement. I'm just saying .... brace yourself.
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

fossel

Post by fossel »

Right now on eBay a guy is parting out a complete buddy 125.just search genuine buddy on ebay
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

avonpirate wrote:Ahh yes, headlight rims. When my scoot got dumped in a parking lot: I still
have not received a replacement headlight rim. There seems to be a variation of the size of the rim, depending of yr of manufacture, and that directly correlates to it's ease of replacement. I'm just saying .... brace yourself.
There should only be two sizes- 2006 (smaller) and everything else (larger). The headlights on the 2006 125's and 50's were smaller. After that they are all the same size.