Removing rear wheel.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Irishrover

Removing rear wheel.

Post by Irishrover »

I couldn't believe what was involved in removing the rear wheel for a tyre change, I think it would have been easier removing the exhaust. Decided to go with a Bridgestone Hoop B02. Had to use the impact wrench on the rear wheel nut and most of the other bolts were rock solid also.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Wait... you got the rear wheel off without removing the exhaust?

The pain in the but when it's wheel time is the price we pay for the Blur's awesome suspension (for a scooter, hehe).
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Get an old Vespa, you can change both tires with a butter knife and pliers in five minutes.

But if you like stopping quickly, and having a decent suspension, you're stuck with it, heh.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Isn't that why we all want a backyard full of bikes? One to ride, one to fix, one to show off, one to brag about and one to do really stupid things to and on.
Irishrover

Post by Irishrover »

With a bit of squeezing managed to get it off without removing the exhaust. Picking up the wheel and tyre tomorrow, just removed the front wheel tonight and have the new disk. Should I use thread lock when putting the disk bolts back in?
Been away on the Emerald isle hence my absence.
Lostmycage wrote:Wait... you got the rear wheel off without removing the exhaust?

The pain in the but when it's wheel time is the price we pay for the Blur's awesome suspension (for a scooter, hehe).
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Irishrover wrote:With a bit of squeezing managed to get it off without removing the exhaust. Picking up the wheel and tyre tomorrow, just removed the front wheel tonight and have the new disk. Should I use thread lock when putting the disk bolts back in?
Been away on the Emerald isle hence my absence.
Absolutely! I put the blue stuff on any bolt/screw that I touch on a bike. Beats the heck out of trying to find a replacement body screw or suffering a catastrophic brake failure. Or just good old fashioned peace of mind.