Synthetic Scooter Motor Oil

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mlstephens

Synthetic Scooter Motor Oil

Post by mlstephens »

Amsoil has introduced a new synthetic oil formulated specifically for scooters: 10w40 Synthetic Scooter Oil. This should be a great replacement for using 10w40 synthetic motorcycle oil, or 15w40 non-synthetic oil. It isn't cheap, but I haven't seen another scooter-specific oil, and it is significantly less expensive than Amsoil's motorcycle oil.

I'm planning on putting it in my Buddy at the next oil change, as it is specifically formulated for scooter motors, stop-and-go travel, longer periods of storage, etc. Full disclosure: I'm an Amsoil dealer, mainly for personal use. If you want to order, though, you can do so through this Order Page and help support a brother Buddy owner.
Attachments
aso_qt_300.jpg
aso_qt_300.jpg (11.65 KiB) Viewed 511 times
sunshinen

Post by sunshinen »

Thanks for pointing it out, but I do have to question whether this oil is anything more than a marketing gimmick. I'd also imagine the needs of a scooter that does not use the motor oil for the gear box or have a wet clutch would be different than those that do... Just my skeptical 2 cents.