Scooter Gods = Weather Gods

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BlueMark

Scooter Gods = Weather Gods

Post by BlueMark »

Picked up my brand new Blur last Friday, had to get a ride to Ypsilanti from Toledo, then rode it home 50 miles while giving it a nice break-in routine with plenty of RPM variations, speeds, and a couple of cool down periods.

I dropped off my original Blur on July 10 for warranty work due to the engine problems - which turned out to be failed bearing. Due to various problems with parts supplies and whatnot I got a new Blur on August 17 under warranty. Nearly half the summer without riding, during which we had a drought here, meaning it was prime riding weather every single day. The two or 3 days we did have some light rain it wouldn't have interfered with my commute.

Of course by the second week of no scooter everyone at work was complaining that the drought was my fault, and that the drought and perfect riding weather wouldn't end until I got my scooter back - so dammit Mark, make them fix it faster! The scooter drought lasted 3 and half more weeks.

Saturday we had torrential rains. Sunday we had torrential rains. Monday is the first day I can ever remember when the Weather channel says there is a 100% chance of rain - up to 2 inches. And it is supposed to rain every day for the rest of the week.

I'll be riding on Monday anyway.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I haven't mowed my lawn in two weeks because it's been raining perpetually in Chicago. The rain we had yesterday and last night is hitting you now, I bet, good luck with that. Half the basements in Chicago flooded.

Hopefully Mother N. is just getting it all out of her system so Slaughterhouse weekend (Labor Day) is nice:

http://www.slaughterhousechicago.com/

Bring that new Blur down to Chicago!
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.