route recommendations. it's beautiful in OKC.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Oli

route recommendations. it's beautiful in OKC.

Post by Oli »

Hello,

I am new to OKC, scooters, and this forum. can anyone recommend a nice drive around the area? Not too much traffic and easy going. company is always fun.

thanks

oli
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

I don't know OKC, but welcome to MB! No doubt you'll have some great suggestions in no time. Cheers and have a good ride!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
gigi

Post by gigi »

red rock canyon west of okc is nice. paseo area can be fun. otherwise Talimena drive is superb. Kinda flat close to town but if you look there are some real pretty areas. wine country south of norman is interesting and makes a nice day trip as does red rock.
Oli

Thanks

Post by Oli »

Just got back from red rock canyon. It was my first time going on highway ( took 66). On the way there, I was a bit nervous and a little scared. Meet some harley dudes at a gas station and they were going to the same place so i just tagged along with them. They were super nice. A little funny, me trailing a bunch of motorcycles. On the way, I was way more at ease with the terrain and the speed. all in all, it was a lot of fun. Thank you for the suggestions gigi.
oli

photos soon
gigi

Post by gigi »

da nada. might check with atomic browns about scooter group rides. I know tulsa scooters has a few on thursdays but i've never participated. Was red rock a surprise? flat and farmlike on top and then really nice down in the canyon itself. try talimena if you can--before our 2 weeks of fall is gone and the winds come from the north. gg
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Perfect place for a bump.

Check into and/or update the scenic route pages!
:arrow: <a href="viewtopic.php?p=163202#163202">Purdy Roads!</a>
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

Hey Oli, you need to get a hold of the Havokc SC peeps. (Rob, Skully, Harkey, etc) They have a top notch club out there with tons of active riders/participants.

I am willing to bet that there are quite a few there who'd join you for a ride on a moments notice. And they have some great rides out there.

For the rally this year, we took back roads out to Pops, then back. Was a nice long ride with a satisfying stopping point.

Hop on their forum:
http://havokcsc.freeforum.ca/[/b]
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
Oli

Post by Oli »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look it them all.

oli
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Ride up 66 to Tulsa. Be sure to stop at the Rock House Restaurant in Stroud for a burger.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."