Any good 'Scooter specific' podcast?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Indy21

Any good 'Scooter specific' podcast?

Post by Indy21 »

Anyone know of any? Would make cutting the grass more enjoyable. =)

I already listen to The Pace Motorcycle show because I think they do a good job, may not be all about scooters but its a good show. Other than that I've been catching up on the back episodes of Just Gotta Scoot but there hasn't been a show in awhile so I'm wondering if its dead altogether.

Hoping for some suggestions for more current and up to date listening.

Thanks!
Syd

Post by Syd »

JustGottaScoot has some.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Justgottascoot hasn't updated in a while, but it's just a matter of time.

It has a lot of reviews and podcasts.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I've been in discussions for a podcast for what seems like a couple years. Part of the hesitation is that I've done a weekly podcast and it's a pain n the ass! I even got paid to do that one.

One issue is that there's not really enough to keep an interesting weekly podcast going. But irregular, occasional podcasts have a hard time building up an audience and maintaining it.

Since you guys have asked, what would you like to hear in a scooter podcast?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

Seems to me that a good podcast would include one or more of the following on some sort of a rotational basis:

- Industry related news

- Scooter reviews

- Accessories & Gear - new product announcements as well as reviews.

- Legal / Regulatory updates, to the extent that they impact the world of scooters.

- Interviews with people who would be of interest to the scootering public.

- Riding technique spotlight

- Events of interest

- Trip reviews/suggestions -- focusing both on what's at the destination, as well as the journey to get there.

- Occasional in depth focus on a specific scootering topic -- scooters for commuting, introduction to overnight trips using the scooter as a basis, etc.

- Project bikes
Indy21

Post by Indy21 »

gar1013 wrote:Seems to me that a good podcast would include one or more of the following on some sort of a rotational basis:

- Industry related news

- Scooter reviews

- Accessories & Gear - new product announcements as well as reviews.

- Legal / Regulatory updates, to the extent that they impact the world of scooters.

- Interviews with people who would be of interest to the scootering public.

- Riding technique spotlight

- Events of interest

- Trip reviews/suggestions -- focusing both on what's at the destination, as well as the journey to get there.

- Occasional in depth focus on a specific scootering topic -- scooters for commuting, introduction to overnight trips using the scooter as a basis, etc.

- Project bikes
Sounds like the perfect list to start!