How do you use your Buddy most?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Primarily, how does your Buddy accumulate most of its miles?

Daily commute to/from work
38%
Neighborhood/weekend errands
16%
Recreational (fun) riding
26%
It's my only mode of transportation (ie. It's used for everything)
21%

Total votes: 58

rickko

How do you use your Buddy most?

Post by rickko »

I was riding my Italia the other day and had a curious thought. For what purpose do we use our scooters most often. I use mine 99% of the time for running neighborhood shopping errands, going to doctor appts., etc. How about you?

If you have more than one Buddy please answer the poll for the one you use the most.

Thanks!
..rickko..
Ride it like you enjoy it!
MB member #2568
TVB

Post by TVB »

It isn't my only means of transportation, but weather permitting, it's my default, for commuting, errands, movies, whatever. I don't do much recreational riding on it unless I'm on a trip with it. I need to use my legs whenever possible for recreational motion.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

It's my daily commuter (when there is no ice or snow on the ground) and occasional weekend fun ride.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
scootergator

Daily use

Post by scootergator »

I ride mine (RH50) to work, the store, everywhere. In our freakish Florida weather of sun then rain and hot then below freezing it makes for interesting days.
"You cant live in this world but where else can you go?" -Jack Kerouac
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I use it for pretty much everything, but it's not my only mode of transportation so I picked option 1. I sometimes drive the car when the weather acts up or when I'm feeling really lazy. :P
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

is get away vehicle considered recreational?
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
TVB

Post by TVB »

That's "commuting".
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

its not my only mode of transportation but 98% of the time, i take the scoot...ride it to school, for groceries, to work, and joy rides around the city. the only time it doesn't get attention is when its raining out or if im going to Houston, TX to visit parents
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

I primarily use my scooter for my daily commute. Most of the time outside of work, I have my son with me and I don't feel comfortable with taking a passenger. He does occasionally ride on the back of my partner's scooter, though.
DonkeyScoot

Post by DonkeyScoot »

It's my only form of transportation... unless I want to take the bus. I live in the middle of SF so outside of some rain here and there it's pretty much great scooting weather year round.
Queen

Post by Queen »

When there's no snow on the ground and temp is above 40 or so, I use my scooter for everything...groceries/commuting/errands. It's nice because the truck can stay parked about 7.5 months of the year.
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

I use it for everything, but it is not my only transportation.