Buddy Turn Signal Clicker

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

stcloudscoots

Buddy Turn Signal Clicker

Post by stcloudscoots »

Does anyone happen to have a picture of this. I would like to see how it is wired to see if it would be able to be rewired for the Vepsa LX.
paige

Post by paige »

The Audicator is a kit sold by Vespa Santa Barbara for $79 that makes the LX turn signals audible.
stcloudscoots

Post by stcloudscoots »

and a buddy tun signal is $13. Or simple buzzers at Radio Shack that I have already are $3. I just like the clicker of the buddy. Thats all. Ok I like alot of things about the buddy.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Check this MV thread for how to do the install on an LX with about $7 worth of Radio Shack parts:

http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic449.html
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
stcloudscoots

Post by stcloudscoots »

I used this one to install the buzzers I have now.
http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/viewto ... ght=manual

I appreciate everyones advise. I have buzzers already so let me rephrase my question so this topic does not get carried away.

Does anyone happen to have a picture of this. I would like to see how it is wired to see if it would be able to be rewired for the Vepsa LX.
codemonkey

Post by codemonkey »

My husband is kinda jealous of the turn signal clicker on my Buddy. I keep catching him driving around on his motorcycle with his turn signal on.
Kristy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

codemonkey wrote:My husband is kinda jealous of the turn signal clicker on my Buddy. I keep catching him driving around on his motorcycle with his turn signal on.
Doesn't it have a light in the dash?

The clicking is okay at low speeds, but above 45mph or so, it's pretty much inaudible. Remind your hubby that he should be checking his dash warning lights periodically (like, all the time!) :wink:
stcloudscoots

Post by stcloudscoots »

I am to busy watching the road. The lead rider is always giving me the "your turn signal is flashing" sign. I hit the button but it does not engage because I am obviously not hitting it right. The buddy clicker is a nice clicker.
stcloudscoots

Post by stcloudscoots »

anyone know where I could find a picture of the turn signal clicker thing.
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

codemonkey wrote:My husband is kinda jealous of the turn signal clicker on my Buddy. I keep catching him driving around on his motorcycle with his turn signal on.
My Bf told me just yesterday he thought it'd be totally annoying. and i told him with the wind noise around, its just noticable, and non-annoying. he doesnt ride yet btw
codemonkey

Post by codemonkey »

It's supposed to be a little annoying so you'll remember to turn it off after you turn. It's just like the turn signal in a car.
Kristy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
stcloudscoots

Post by stcloudscoots »

The buddy clicker is one of the best ones out there. I guess the buddy is one of the better modern scoots anyway. The buzzers that I have installed are annoying when you can hear them. high pitch beep beep beep beep. I would rather have a load click click click.

I emailed genuine to see if they could send me a picture.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

stcloudscoots wrote:anyone know where I could find a picture of the turn signal clicker thing.
Is it visible in the photo in this post?
viewtopic.php?p=15532#15532

Or maybe in this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=1333
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
stcloudscoots

Post by stcloudscoots »

Nice pictures. Thanks for the links. Nope I don't think it is that low. I think it is going to be located in the head set.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

stcloudscoots wrote:Nice pictures. Thanks for the links. Nope I don't think it is that low. I think it is going to be located in the head set.
Sorry. I've cracked the headset but wasn't looking for the buzzer.

I guess your intent is to get a Buddy buzzer and install it in your LX?
stcloudscoots

Post by stcloudscoots »

Yeah. That buddy clicker is loud and cheep.
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

stcloudscoots wrote:The buddy clicker is one of the best ones out there. I guess the buddy is one of the better modern scoots anyway. The buzzers that I have installed are annoying when you can hear them. high pitch beep beep beep beep. I would rather have a load click click click.
I agree. The beeping turn indicator on the Stella is really annoying. Wish that could be replaced with something a bit more pleasant, like the Buddy clicker.