How fast should a Pomplona 150 go?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

antares

How fast should a Pomplona 150 go?

Post by antares »

I just bought a 09 Pomplona 150 and wanted to know how fast it should go. I'm 200lbs. I took my GPS with me on a ride and found out the speedometer is about 15% faster then what my GPS reads. My top speed was about 50mph according to my GPS.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

After about 500-600 miles a light break in on the engine will have happened by then, you should be able to accelerate and hit higher top speeds around this mileage.

A bike wont go max speed/performance right out of the showroom. Generally it's a factory standard for all motorcycles and scooters to be 10-15% higher than actual speed. This is because speed varies at different points of contact on the tires, it's always safer to over read, than to under read.

It's normal.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Took me 1500 miles break in to reach optimum speeds. I've maxed out at 74mph gps'd (speedo is buried at that speed).

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
mjm1374

Post by mjm1374 »

I have an 08 Pamploma and weigh 220, mine top out about 65 on the speedometer. Also almost all motorcycle/scooter speedometers are calibrated to be "optimistic", its a safety thing, they found out it reduced accidents dramatically.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I have an '08 Pamplona with over 10K miles on it. I have a Prima pipe, Dr. Pulley variator, 10 gram slider weights and 1500rpm clutch springs. My daily commute lets me wind it out and, depending on atmospheric conditions, I can sometimes hit almost 70 bmph on the flats or a slight downhill grade. I don't have one of them fancy schmancy GPS thingamabobs so I don't know what my actual speed runs.

Oh, and I weigh about 173
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

I am WOT at 60mph GPS verified. That is on flat roads, relatively calm day, and I am about 200 lbs.(+ 10 from Thanksgiving to New Years).
Member 2715
Chrome Rear Rack
Genuine Top Case
Black Grips
Chrome Front Rack
Garmin GPS & Ram Mount
PIAA HS1
13g Dr. Pully Sliders
Everstart 9-BS AGM Battery
bunny

Post by bunny »

I've gotten as high as 75 on my '08 Italia 150. That was on a flat road, wind at my back, full gear and 175 lbs.

I run around 60 - 65 on any given day while riding. I tend to ride it like I stole it, though. Old people have chastised me at stop lights.
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.