NBR. Need some suggerstions for this seat mod..

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

hal1

NBR. Need some suggerstions for this seat mod..

Post by hal1 »

First all, thanks for all your help. I have found this one of the best all-around scooter advice forum.

Recently got my Honda PCX, and I want to remove the butt stop/bump. It unbolts easily enough, but I need a suggestion on how to cover/plug the holes that it bolts into. I'd like ti to be temporary/reversible.

The pics explain it all

Syd

Re: NBR. Need some suggerstions for this seat mod..

Post by Syd »

No help, but doesn't that look like a face?
Image[/quote]
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Go to an autoparts store and find a vinyl patch kit, and just patch the holes. It'll still be visible, sorta, but a lot better than leaving the holes.
hal1

Post by hal1 »

Kaos wrote:Go to an autoparts store and find a vinyl patch kit, and just patch the holes. It'll still be visible, sorta, but a lot better than leaving the holes.
thanks, didn't even think of that. I don't mind if it shows
TVB

Post by TVB »

Syd wrote:No help, but doesn't that look like a face?
Further proof that the human brain can see faces in anything. :)

Personally, I'd cover it with gaffer tape and call it good. :) Seriously. I have an entire bicycle seat covered in gaffer tape.
hal1

Post by hal1 »

TVB wrote:
Syd wrote:Personally, I'd cover it with gaffer tape and call it good. :) Seriously. I have an entire bicycle seat covered in gaffer tape.
I like this even better. Even if it leaves marks when removed, they would be covered up by the stump bump if I put it back on
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

My suggestion: Do something to actually patch the holes, as indicated above, just to keep the moisture from getting under the cover. Then for cosmetic purposes, make a strap that goes across the top of the holes.
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

either that or get some headliner/interior buttons cover them with black leather and oput them in the holes and you can pop them out if you ever want to use the rest
http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/ ... 0/image/4/
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
hal1

Post by hal1 »

jmkjr72 wrote:either that or get some headliner/interior buttons cover them with black leather and oput them in the holes and you can pop them out if you ever want to use the rest
http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/ ... 0/image/4/
That's what I was originally thinking. But(t) remember, I'm removing it so I can sit just a few inches further back. I'm going to see if Home Depot has anything that might work. I know they have something similar that you would use to plug a pipe, but once you get something to fill the hole, the cap end has to flange out enough to cover the material