Medill News Story on Genuine

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Medill News Story on Genuine

Post by ericalm »

Very nice story on Genuine Scooter Company from Medill Reports, part of the Northwestern school of journalism. It's a business story, but has interesting info on the company's history and founder/Guy in Charge Philip McCaleb.

Angie (Bonegirl) is quoted as am I and April from Scoot! Magazine.

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chi ... ?id=157031

The sidebar gives a good sense of what kind of guy Philip is and what kind of company Genuine is.

There's also a slideshow with pics of Bonegirl, enzomatic (a pic I took at Amerivespa), a screenshot of MB (anyone recognize that avatar?), and the wood paneled Genuine offices.

w00t!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Nice!

Way to go, Frosty!!
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Very cool article!
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

BoneGirl

Way to go!

Post by BoneGirl »

I just received a copy of the article from Dan Platt, who wrote the piece. He had asked me a couple weeks ago for information and picture permission and I'm always more than happy to share anything I can in regards to my scooter!

Every time I see or read about Philip McCaleb and Genuine, I find out something new and fascinating. Way to go, Philip, Genuine and Buddy!